It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup...Here is the inside of my Tavares jersey (bought from RCS)

IMG_1508.jpg

thats as legit as it comes.

i meant this patch thingy..

2288430530101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

I think that depends on the customizer. Some stores/companies include it, some don't and also I believe most "factory-customized" jerseys have that too.

Im with you to an extent bro

I hate these edge jerseys

there too easy to fake!

Idk if the market was this flooded with fakes when CCM/KOHO & others were in control but cripes this is ridiculous...

rant over!

i just wish it were easier to get IIHF jerseys

Im with you to an extent bro

I hate these edge jerseys

there too easy to fake!

Idk if the market was this flooded with fakes when CCM/KOHO & others were in control but cripes this is ridiculous...

rant over!

i just wish it were easier to get IIHF jerseys

It is not easier to fake an edge. The reason why these are being faked so suddenly is that when the CCM/KOHO jerseys were being made there really was no such thing as a China fake, but now they fake NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA, it just so happens that the fake jersey era started during the edge era.

ehhhh...

idk can someone vouch for this.... were there ANY fakes pre-EDGE?

EDIT:

why is it that there flooded everywhere (fake edges that is)

Edited by Biscuit Snatchers 27

ehhhh...

idk can someone vouch for this.... were there ANY fakes pre-EDGE?

EDIT:

why is it that there flooded everywhere (fake edges that is)

They are flooded everywhere because there is a larger market for the fakes. People think that a jersey is authentic just if it says it on the tag, therefore they think they are getting a great deal for 60 bucks instead of $375 (personally, I don't see how anyone can believe that they are getting a authentic jersey for 1/6 of the price).

agreed

i have a few fakes...

not that i'm proud i was ignorant when i bought them

now i buy "authentic" but I'm more of a replica guy personally

otherwise I wouldn't be able to have 200+ jerseys :D

Edited by Biscuit Snatchers 27

It is not easier to fake an edge. The reason why these are being faked so suddenly is that when the CCM/KOHO jerseys were being made there really was no such thing as a China fake, but now they fake NHL, MLB, NFL and NBA, it just so happens that the fake jersey era started during the edge era.

There were pre-Edge fakes. I definitely remember seeing Bruins Joe Thornton jerseys on eBay with the wrong striping patterns. I think there were fake Penguins/Lemieux's and Crosby's. They probably have all crumbled to dust by now or their owners have died from cancer. They weren't as common as the fake football/basketball/Mitchell & Ness jerseys at the time and CCM (pre-Reebok) actually made an effort in tracking down the counterfeit suppliers. Plus, the lockout suppressed the market.

There's always been fakes of the top players - Gretzky, Mario etc.

I don't know when the fake market exploded for other sports, but for hockey I think it was all of the hype about the new uniform changes with the Edge switch over that drew the counterfeiter's attention.

What really seemed to change with the Edge era, is now there are fakes for every NHL team, customized as not just the top players but some second and third liners as well. Some of the fake sites have even started offering customization with whatever name/number you want.

I know there's a lot of MLB regular AND CoolBase fakes out there; especially for the more popular players. I always see a lot of Phillies(blech), Red Sox(double blech), Yankees and Nationals fakes out there just based on the popular players on each team. I'm sure the Giants and Rangers will be more popularized now that they've played in the World Series.

That Komi looks good. I don't see anything wrong with it. Could be a GI. Also, it is the correct size. Typically you don't see fakes in the 58 or 58+ range.

My cousin used to play hockey with Komi when they were younger :thumbsup:

That Komi looks good. I don't see anything wrong with it. Could be a GI. Also, it is the correct size. Typically you don't see fakes in the 58 or 58+ range.

My cousin used to play hockey with Komi when they were younger :thumbsup:

I'm more concerned with the fact that they are selling for $175 when a Komi gamer is sure to cost $400+ from Leafs Sports. I hate Komi so I have no interest in this anyway but just curious as to why its so cheap.

I'm more concerned with the fact that they are selling for $175 when a Komi gamer is sure to cost $400+ from Leafs Sports. I hate Komi so I have no interest in this anyway but just curious as to why its so cheap.

That is a little suspicious. I really don't see anything wrong with it. I have never seen a fake 58+. I would be shocked if it were a fake.

That is a little suspicious. I really don't see anything wrong with it. I have never seen a fake 58+. I would be shocked if it were a fake.

Just heard from the seller. Says it was a Christmas gift and wants to sell because it's too big for him (no shite). Also, says he only has the jersey, no C.O.A.

Pass.