It is good or not?

lafountain

All jerseys were worn like that in the first half of the 1989-90 season. The shield didn't get added until the start of 1990. You can put the 1990 All-Star Game patch on it.

As for ultrafil vs. air-knit, there was no league-wide transition. Different teams used different styles at different points in time.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would these be good photos to use for customization? I.E. Are the font and sleeve numbers ok?

Gameday Sports Archives '92 Pens Away Jerseys

So since I used that GameDay Sports Archive pic when I went to get my Lemieux '92 away jersey customized in town (as like a referance tool of what I wanted since I read here that GameDay Sports Archives are good in terms of customization for the vintage Lemieux jerseys) I should still be ok right? The sleeve #'s and font are correct-ish right in that photo?

Some confirmation would be nice. :)

So since I used that GameDay Sports Archive pic when I went to get my Lemieux '92 away jersey customized in town (as like a referance tool of what I wanted since I read here that GameDay Sports Archives are good in terms of customization for the vintage Lemieux jerseys) I should still be ok right? The sleeve #'s and font are correct-ish right in that photo?

Some confirmation would be nice. :)

its bang on.

As long as you get a ultrafill name plate. not like air knit or twill.

If you need photos. use webshots or the others members photos. Not to mention the hockey uniform DB.

its bang on.

As long as you get a ultrafill name plate. not like air knit or twill.

If you need photos. use webshots or the others members photos. Not to mention the hockey uniform DB.

Dang.

As I know the place I'll be getting my jersey from will be giving me a twill nameplate. I had asked for a fabric one a la Ice Jerseys, but the guy told me they only use twill ones.

*Shrug*

Shouldn't make that big of a differance though right? I mean the jersey itself that I bought is just a CCM 550 replica.

With that aside, everything else in the pic that I used (I.E. the # 66's on each sleeve) are correct right?

I thought this thread might be best, anybody have a picture of a Grant Fuhr TBTC jersey or Grant Fuhr playing in a TBTC (like a shot of his back)?

Dang.

As I know the place I'll be getting my jersey from will be giving me a twill nameplate. I had asked for a fabric one a la Ice Jerseys, but the guy told me they only use twill ones.

*Shrug*

Shouldn't make that big of a differance though right? I mean the jersey itself that I bought is just a CCM 550 replica.

With that aside, everything else in the pic that I used (I.E. the # 66's on each sleeve) are correct right?

It would to me. I would never use it on a authentic.

You can get a Lemieux replica with the custom job for around $100 anyways.

I thought this thread might be best, anybody have a picture of a Grant Fuhr TBTC jersey or Grant Fuhr playing in a TBTC (like a shot of his back)?

what year would that be? I can check some video archives... get a screenshot for ya

what year would that be? I can check some video archives... get a screenshot for ya

1991-92, that would be great if you could.

This is the one we're looking for:

grant-fuhr-game-used-toronto-maple-leafs-jersey_d8b8c0887d5460a95dc9fe32e7fba3ca.jpg

The kit was exactly the same for the TBTC jerseys so it makes things MUCH easier.

The letters are the same but the numbers are different. The numbers on the TBTC jerseys were shorter and also some of the numbers were different stlyes, the 7's for example. Anyways, here's a Fuhr gamer, you can see how the numbers are shorter and a touch fatter.

Are you turning your TBTC into a Fuhr Mike?

Anyways, not sure where to post this but did anybody else notice the Kings wore names on the back of their purple and gold jerseys last night?

Anyways, not sure where to post this but did anybody else notice the Kings wore names on the back of their purple and gold jerseys last night?

I also noticed that watching the highlights last night. Not sure if having the nameplates is a good thing or a bad thing though... :mellow:

Well, I'm turning it into Tyler's Fuhr but yes. That shot will definitely help out.

Cool, just remember that the numbers might be a little closer to the stripes on the jersey your doing compared to the gamer because of the size difference between the jerseys. The numbers on mine come almost all the way down because mine is only a 48.

I think the whole no name thing was a one-game-deal to coincide with the Canucks ALSO having no names on theirs. It was done to give the game a real 1970 feel. I kinda like the fact that it's a one-time thing. Not to mention it makes my game-worn one that much rarer.