It is good or not?

lafountain

Got one more for you guys. http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-Jersey-58-RED-RBK-EDGE-/230565697428?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35aec95794#ht_1498wt_1141

And I also have a question about it. I love hockey jerseys but have never really collected them so I'm new at this. This jersey says it was game issued so does that mean that the size 58 is still really a size 58 or is it a 58 for the capitals players that it was intended to be worn by? I wear an XL so if I were to put this on, would it be to big on me?

Thanks so much guys!!!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a team-issued 1.0 EDGE jersey. Basically, it's what the team wore in 2007-08 for the first portion of the year. Definitely legit and definitely worth the money. Go for it!

I don't know if its worth it. They guy paid $75 bucks for it through the Meigray Sale and personally I would feel weird giving him double what he paid for it. If I were you I would email Meigray and see if they have any left.

Yeah, it's pretty much half of what they retail for though. AND it's a team-issued jersey to boot. It's all what you're willing to pay for what you want though. That's what it always comes down to.

Got a set of those for $100 a pop back before MGG started doing the clearance section thing. I think the last of their stock were dumped off during the Stamkos grab bag.

The 58 will probably run big on you, but then the Caps never issue anything smaller than a 56. I am pretty sure the seller is a member here.

Got one more for you guys. http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-Jersey-58-RED-RBK-EDGE-/230565697428?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35aec95794#ht_1498wt_1141

And I also have a question about it. I love hockey jerseys but have never really collected them so I'm new at this. This jersey says it was game issued so does that mean that the size 58 is still really a size 58 or is it a 58 for the capitals players that it was intended to be worn by? I wear an XL so if I were to put this on, would it be to big on me?

Thanks so much guys!!!

I wear an XL and prefer a 58. I like my jerseys loose. It is a little big on me, but makes me look thinner :thumbsup: . I can wear anything in an EDGE cut though (52 and over).

http://www.stitchesnj.com

Whats up with this company? Anyone used them, is it all fake? There are some good deals in the "Unclaimed Jersey" section I'm eyeing but I really can't tell from their pictures. Thanks guys

Ive watched their jerseys before, they look like legit edge's. When they first listed the Franzen it was 369.99 and no one touched it and i dont blame them. Now it looks like they realized you get more bids by starting the bidding low. They have a Devils edge on ebay right now im watching but i have a feeling its reserve is around 300.

http://www.stitchesnj.com

Whats up with this company? Anyone used them, is it all fake? There are some good deals in the "Unclaimed Jersey" section I'm eyeing but I really can't tell from their pictures. Thanks guys

What makes you think they are fake? Despite their truly crappy web design, looks like a small customizing place in NJ. Their prices are consistent with legit retail places. The few items they have with great prices on them are clearly listed as one off items, probably customized for someone who didn't pay.

I did like their marketing program:

Stitches is proud to offer coupons for the "Turn In Your Fake" program. When buying an Authentic RBK EDGE from Stitches, simply enter "FAKE" in the promo code box. Send your counterfeit jersey into us and you will receive 15% off the jersey price. Because we buy from licensed distributors, the money you spend at Stitches helps support your favorite team and the NHL, not illegal activity overseas.

That'd be a great idea for IJ to do.

Do you know how their customization is? $45 seems too good to be true.

Ive watched their jerseys before, they look like legit edge's. When they first listed the Franzen it was 369.99 and no one touched it and i dont blame them. Now it looks like they realized you get more bids by starting the bidding low. They have a Devils edge on ebay right now im watching but i have a feeling its reserve is around 300.

I agree, I noticed that also. Almost looks like the tag from a Gerry Cosby original.

http://www.stitchesnj.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NYR

Well this is what I was looking at. But the neck tagging looks weird for a Starter.

I sent them an email about the jersey and they told me it sold this morning. Guessing you bought it?

Well this is what I was looking at. But the neck tagging looks weird for a Starter.

Not if you are looking for a CCM original or vintage series. It says "exact reproduction of the original CCM authentic Center Ice jersey." They also recreate the Devils Christmas jerseys.

So...they re-make the jerseys? I'm a little confused.

The neck tagging didn't look off to me. I've seen some inconsistencies with neck tagging on Starters depending on where they were made (El Salvador or Berlin, WI or Haiti) and what years they were made. Kinda like the changes they had with the hem tag (as seen in Brilliant's tags and tails guide).

The reason I'm fairly sure that the white Starter they had is legit is I think I used to own it.

A few years back there was a guy I bought like 5 or 6 Starter mesh jerseys from who claimed to find them in a old sporting goods warehouse he bought. A couple of the white ones had those same stains on the back hem. I then resold one that I believe was a 54-R to someone on another jersey site (cheap due to the stains).

http://www.stitchesnj.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Clearance1000

from the same site. Is it just me or is that Avs logo a bit too far up leaving no space for the C?

That's all you can see wrong with that jersey? :lol:

I think the crest is where it's supposed to be. Burnaby Joe Sakic has a Starter-era Forsberg jersey that doesn't leave a lot of space for a properly done letter.

Do you know how their customization is? $45 seems too good to be true.

From looking at the jerseys they currently have on eBay they look spot on

I sent them an email about the jersey and they told me it sold this morning. Guessing you bought it?

:mellow:

i sent them 2 emails today asking for pix of the rear hem and the neck tagging.

after reading a couple other posts, i now know why i don't see a "vintage" tag in the neck on the devils or jets jerseys.

thought it was too good to be true.

<_<

What's their eBay store ID? I didn't see it on their website.

From looking at the jerseys they currently have on eBay they look spot on