It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that is fake. The name and numbering is a dead giveaway to me. Plus he is selling other jerseys in a size 48 which Reebok doesnt make Edge jerseys in

That is fake..Ebay is probably one of the last places you will probably find a real heritage jersey..look at the back numbers..look how bubble looking they are..that lettering is atrocious.

That is fake..Ebay is probably one of the last places you will probably find a real heritage jersey..look at the back numbers..look how bubble looking they are..that lettering is atrocious.

Yea Agreed. I am just dying to get one of these jerseys. They have been impossible to get.

Not only that, but the inside collar is completely wrong, as is the white striping on the arms and hem. It's your average white, whereas the real thing is more of an eggshell color. It also has the 85th anni patch and the retired numbers on the inside hem. The only place to buy a heritage jersey with the patch and the retired numbers is directly from MSG. Unless the auction has a receipt from MSG in it, it's a fake...

I do believe that is fake. The name and numbering is a dead giveaway to me. Plus he is selling other jerseys in a size 48 which Reebok doesnt make Edge jerseys in

If you want one with the patch and the retired numbers, you have to buy it directly from the team store at MSG. It's a Garden exclusive, you can't buy that anywhere else. As I said in my previous reply, unless the seller has a receipt from MSG with the pictures, assume it's fake. I still have the tags on my premiere heritage jersey that I bought at MSG, and I have the receipt in case I ever decide I'm selling it.

Great thanks. Figured it was too good to be true. These jerseys are impossible to get

If you want one with the patch and the retired numbers, you have to buy it directly from the team store at MSG. It's a Garden exclusive, you can't buy that anywhere else. As I said in my previous reply, unless the seller has a receipt from MSG with the pictures, assume it's fake. I still have the tags on my premiere heritage jersey that I bought at MSG, and I have the receipt in case I ever decide I'm selling it.

Well I also ordered a premiere jersey from Gerry cosbys across the street from MSG. I am assuming that will be legit. They always sold real ranger stuff. MSG has been sold out of the ones that I want for a long time. I have season tix so I am always at msg. Whenever I ask them in the tea, store they never seem to know when new ones are coming in

Nope, Gerry Cosby doesn't have the ones with the patch and retired numbers. At least he shouldn't, they're only being sold like that at MSG - Unless Cosby's is doing the customization FOR the team store, which I doubt because if that were the case they'd have plenty in stock. Even if he does do the customization for the store, I believe MSG has a contract with Reebok so they're he only ones allowed to sell them that way. Even the NHL Store has them without the patch and numbers. Also, the stands on the plaza are open 11-3 every say so you could try them too. My friend actually got the woman who does all the merchandising to have someone take him up to the team store because the stands didn't have the players he wanted. Also, Cosby's retail customization is terrible.

We actually got comp'd tickets in section 66 for the Coyotes game like that. She didn't have anyone to take him up to the store because he couldn't get what he wanted on the plaza, so they comp'd him tickets instead...:-)

Nope, Gerry Cosby doesn't have the ones with the patch and retired numbers. At least he shouldn't, they're only being sold like that at MSG - Unless Cosby's is doing the customization FOR the team store, which I doubt because if that were the case they'd have plenty in stock. Even if he does do the customization for the store, I believe MSG has a contract with Reebok so they're he only ones allowed to sell them that way. Even the NHL Store has them without the patch and numbers. Also, the stands on the plaza are open 11-3 every say so you could try them too. My friend actually got the woman who does all the merchandising to have someone take him up to the team store because the stands didn't have the players he wanted. Also, Cosby's retail customization is terrible.

We actually got comp'd tickets in section 66 for the Coyotes game like that. She didn't have anyone to take him up to the store because he couldn't get what he wanted on the plaza, so they comp'd him tickets instead...:-)

The team store has very limited supply none of the players I want. When I ordered through Cosby I made sure they were customizing it with the patch and the retired #'s. they have said once the jerseys come in they send them for customization then will mail to me or I pick it up.

When I got my Callahan heritage there was no shortage of jerseys. We're off for a week, now might be your best chance to get the players you're looking for during the break. They'll get a shipment and you won't have to compete with 16,000 people to get a jersey if you go down to the plaza when they're open. What players are you looking for?

The team store has very limited supply none of the players I want. When I ordered through Cosby I made sure they were customizing it with the patch and the retired #'s. they have said once the jerseys come in they send them for customization then will mail to me or I pick it up.

Cosby's won't have knockoffs, but they also probably won't have the 85th patch and the retired numbers unless he's buying them from the Garden directly. You're not supposed to be able to buy the heritage jersey with those specific details anywhere outside of MSG.

Crosbys isn't going to sell you a knock off if that is what you are worried about.

When I got my Callahan heritage there was no shortage of jerseys. We're off for a week, now might be your best chance to get the players you're looking for during the break. They'll get a shipment and you won't have to compete with 16,000 people to get a jersey if you go down to the plaza when they're open. What players are you looking for?

Calllahan. When did you get it. Every game I go to they are gone.

At the Coyotes game in December. I don't think it was the Double Team store that had it, I think it was the other one downstairs on the same level as I was sitting on. The only store open though is the one all the way upstairs now because of the renovation, so you'll probably have a hard time finding a Cally. You better go while we're off for a week though, he was just activated off IR so I'm sure his jerseys are gonna go even faster now.

Calllahan. When did you get it. Every game I go to they are gone.

At the Coyotes game in December. I don't think it was the Double Team store that had it, I think it was the other one downstairs on the same level as I was sitting on. The only store open though is the one all the way upstairs now because of the renovation, so you'll probably have a hard time finding a Cally. You better go while we're off for a week though, he was just activated off IR so I'm sure his jerseys are gonna go even faster now.

I laugh everytime I hear that :).

If you are willing to get a replica and can fit into a medium or XL, http://www.sportsk.com/cunewyoraret.html or icejerseys.com are good places to go.

I highly doubt those are going to have the retired numbers inside like he's looking for. I also don't know how he's getting the darker 85th patch that they're only using on the heritage jerseys, I would ask for pictures of the retired numbers first before ordering from him. Also, isn't the customization at SportsK crap?

I laugh everytime I hear that :).

If you are willing to get a replica and can fit into a medium or XL, http://www.sportsk.com/cunewyoraret.html or icejerseys.com are good places to go.

I highly doubt those are going to have the retired numbers inside like he's looking for. I also don't know how he's getting the darker 85th patch that they're only using on the heritage jerseys, I would ask for pictures of the retired numbers first before ordering from him. Also, isn't the customization at SportsK crap?

They can sew the patch on (and it will be an authentic patch). The replicas do not have the retired numbers. IMO, that is pretty low that they only put the retired numbers on the authentics at the Garden. I heard mixed reviews about Sportsk.

Nah dude, the premiere jerseys have the retired numbers on the inside hem. I have one. See here, first is the jersey itself, second is the numbers on the inside:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs403.ash2/68152_473058597014_507552014_6265100_2869415_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs748.ash1/163949_473058647014_507552014_6265103_6648138_n.jpg

They can sew the patch on (and it will be an authentic patch). The replicas do not have the retired numbers. IMO, that is pretty low that they only put the retired numbers on the authentics at the Garden. I heard mixed reviews about Sportsk.

Nah dude, the premiere jerseys have the retired numbers on the inside hem. I have one. See here, first is the jersey itself, second is the numbers on the inside:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs403.ash2/68152_473058597014_507552014_6265100_2869415_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs748.ash1/163949_473058647014_507552014_6265103_6648138_n.jpg

Ohh..okay. I didn't know that. I thought it was only on authentics. Either way, to have it exclusive to MSG is like Islanders-low.

As much as I hate to say it, I do like the jersey a little.