It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fight strap twill in the back is very suspect. Can you take a picture of the strap and of the place that it's sewn into the jersey?

Which jersey are you referring to?

that's a bummer, I've been looking for an authentic Nike UND jersey for a very long time and I've never seen one anywhere. starting to think they didn't make them for retail, anyone here have/seen one of these ever?

that's a bummer, I've been looking for an authentic Nike UND jersey for a very long time and I've never seen one anywhere. starting to think they didn't make them for retail, anyone here have/seen one of these ever?

They sold them through the official UND shop back in the day, at least the home and away jerseys. I have never seen the swift available for retail.

Heh...oops. Sorry guys. I was talking about the Blackhawks one that gwarjis posted. But, because it was his first post, it had to be approved first. I didn't even realize that I hadn't approved it yet and since it wasn't, you guys couldn't see it. D-oh!

Heh...oops. Sorry guys. I was talking about the Blackhawks one that gwarjis posted. But, because it was his first post, it had to be approved first. I didn't even realize that I hadn't approved it yet and since it wasn't, you guys couldn't see it. D-oh!

What a n00b. :P

But yeah, that looks like a fake. The way too big nameplate doesn't look right either.

What a n00b. :P

But yeah, that looks like a fake. The way too big nameplate doesn't look right either.

That's a seriously crappy looking nameplate/sewing job.

definitely a fake, but you can see how much closer the fakes are these days. the crest, fight strap twill, and nameplate are the biggest giveaways.

Hey guys! I was wondering if this jersey is real. I think it's real, but I'm not 100% sure. Any help would be great!

I swear! Posts like this one are a test! They tend too forget to take pictures of the most sensitive and obvious areas that would revel its legitimacy quickly.

My question is has this been done in hope that you can somehow will the jersey into being real by not posting pictures of the NHL patch on neck and the fight strap area?

Seems like you got everything but.

Looks fake BTW

I swear! Posts like this one are a test! They tend too forget to take pictures of the most sensitive and obvious areas that would revel its legitimacy quickly.

My question is has this been done in hope that you can somehow will the jersey into being real by not posting pictures of the NHL patch on neck and the fight strap area?

Looks fake BTW

Sorry, but I don't own the jersey. It's on eBay and I was having trouble telling the difference because the main crest and shoulder patches looked spot on. I can only ask for pictures from the seller and hope I receive quality images. You shouldn't assume that I own this jersey. I would never buy a jersey and then question its legitimacy.

One easy indicator of fake jerseys is by looking at the color of the neck tags and ribbons.

The black "Rbk" tag is used for regular Home and Road authentic Edge jerseys. Notice the jersey color thread used to attach to the jersey and the size tag. The fakers haven't been doing that. Even if the jersey looks to have the proper black tag, check the thread color if a good closeup picture is provided.

edgerbknecktag.jpg

The black "Reebok" tag is used for special event authentic Edge jerseys like Alternates, Winter/Heritage Classics, All-Star Games, etc. Again, notice the jersey color thread.

edgereeboknecktag.jpg

So, any special event jersey with the "Rbk" tag (except for the 2006-07 and 2007-08 All-Stars) is a fake and any regular Home/Road jersey with the "Reebok" tag is a fake, like that white Toews jersey.

fakegz.jpg.

I guess a few jerseys could have either tag because their statuses changed between Alternate and regular Home/Road (e.g. the royal blue Islanders, the current navy blue Sabres, both white Stars, both navy & royal blue Oilers.)

Premier replicas use silver tags and ribbons instead of black. The letter size tag is short and black.

premierrbknecktag.jpg

premierreeboknecktag.jpg

A number of fake jerseys have the silver tag. If you see a jersey with the silver tag, check the ribbon color. If the ribbon is silver, it's probably a Premier replica. If the ribbon is black, then it's a fake.

There's lots of other features to look out for, but checking the neck tags is a very easy indicator to start with if you know your tags.

Edited by F-liars

Man - I learn so much from this thread. I would have said that jersey was OK.

So - what about this?

My link

COOL! LARMER!

tags on it still too!

I would make a move on it but I don't bid on 48's or buy them. Just me.

One easy indicator of fake jerseys is by looking at the color of the neck tags and ribbons.

The black "Rbk" tag and the black "Rbk" ribbon above it are used for regular Home and Road authentic Edge jerseys. Notice the jersey color thread used to attach to the jersey and the size tag. The fakers haven't been doing that. Even if the jersey looks to have the proper black tag, check the thread color if a good closeup picture is provided.

edgerbknecktag.jpg

The black "Reebok" tag and the black "Reebok" ribbon above it are used for special event authentic Edge jerseys like Alternates, Winter/Heritage Classics, All-Star Games, etc. Again, notice the jersey color thread.

edgereeboknecktag.jpg

So, any special event jersey with the "Rbk" tag is a fake and any regular Home/Road jersey with the "Reebok" tag is a fake, like that white Toews jersey.

fakegz.jpg.

I guess a few jerseys could have either tag because their statuses changed between Alternate and regular Home/Road (e.g. the royal blue Islanders, the current navy blue Sabres, both white Stars, both navy & royal blue Oilers.)

Premier replicas use silver tags and ribbons instead of black. The letter size tag is short and black.

premierrbknecktag.jpg

premierreeboknecktag.jpg

A number of fake jerseys have the silver tag. If you see a jersey with the silver tag, check the ribbon color. If the ribbon is silver, it's probably a Premier replica. If the ribbon is black, then it's a fake.

There's lots of other features to look out for, but checking the neck tags is a very easy indicator to start with if you know your tags.

Awesome! I never noticed this. Thanks!

Looks fake BTW

I never bought the jersey. The images I posted were ones the seller had sent me.

I never bought the jersey. The images I posted were ones the seller had sent me.

Good!! That's one jersey you don't want in your collection :thumbsup: Welcome BTW

That guy is a hustler. He knows what people look for and what not to show. You can tell he knew just what pictures not to take.

Applying what I've learned... That jersey has the wrong tag. Shouldn't be Rbk, right?

I loved the guide F-liars threw up, but my understanding is that Reebok is phasing out the RBK vector logo entirely, so soon everything will have the full Reebok word mark (anyone heard the same?).

For me stuff like the neck tagging or stitching on the NHL shield etc. is way down on the checklist to test for a fake. In the Nash example above, the first tip off is the very low buy it now price. The wholesale cost of a blank authentic Edge jersey is about twice that. The second is the puffy satin-like numbers. Both of those items would be enough to keep me from even clicking on the pictures of the neck etc.

My link

not sure about this one

A couple things I notice

1. The shape. It doesnt have the curved bottom that all Edge jerseys have

2. The lace at the neck. On the fake jerseys I have seen, the string is way too long much like it is on that jersey