It is good or not?

lafountain

COOL! LARMER!

tags on it still too!

I would make a move on it but I don't bid on 48's or buy them. Just me.

I won't be bidding on it either - if it was a 52 I'd be all over it. Just trying to learn so that when the right Hawks ultrafil comes around I can grab it.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple things I notice

1. The shape. It doesnt have the curved bottom that all Edge jerseys have

2. The lace at the neck. On the fake jerseys I have seen, the string is way too long much like it is on that jersey

Out of every jersey ive seen i have never once seen a fake with the correct lace, its an easy target to look for. Its always shoelace or something that they use on fakes....loop, swoop and pull

I loved the guide F-liars threw up, but my understanding is that Reebok is phasing out the RBK vector logo entirely, so soon everything will have the full Reebok word mark (anyone heard the same?).

For me stuff like the neck tagging or stitching on the NHL shield etc. is way down on the checklist to test for a fake. In the Nash example above, the first tip off is the very low buy it now price. The wholesale cost of a blank authentic Edge jersey is about twice that. The second is the puffy satin-like numbers. Both of those items would be enough to keep me from even clicking on the pictures of the neck etc.

Thanks. It seems like I've heard the vector phase out rumors for a few years. I just don't see it happening. It would be like Nike dropping their swoosh.

To you and I, that Nash is obviously a fake for lots of reasons. But some people haven't developed the eye yet for the puffy satin-like numbers and some never will. Sometimes the camera flash can make white twill look satin-like. And some bargain gems do pop up once in a while like that $35 Hawks Hossa last night.

schulzmc, you got that right. Since it's an alternate, it should say "Reebok" on the neck tag and ribbon.

One easy indicator of fake jerseys is by looking at the color of the neck tags and ribbons.

The black "Rbk" tag and the black "Rbk" ribbon above it are used for regular Home and Road authentic Edge jerseys. Notice the jersey color thread used to attach to the jersey and the size tag. The fakers haven't been doing that. Even if the jersey looks to have the proper black tag, check the thread color if a good closeup picture is provided.

The black "Reebok" tag and the black "Reebok" ribbon above it are used for special event authentic Edge jerseys like Alternates, Winter/Heritage Classics, All-Star Games, etc. Again, notice the jersey color thread.

So, any special event jersey with the "Rbk" tag is a fake and any regular Home/Road jersey with the "Reebok" tag is a fake, like that white Toews jersey.

I guess a few jerseys could have either tag because their statuses changed between Alternate and regular Home/Road (e.g. the royal blue Islanders, the current navy blue Sabres, both white Stars, both navy & royal blue Oilers.)

Premier replicas use silver tags and ribbons instead of black. The letter size tag is short and black.

A number of fake jerseys have the silver tag. If you see a jersey with the silver tag, check the ribbon color. If the ribbon is silver, it's probably a Premier replica. If the ribbon is black, then it's a fake.

There's lots of other features to look out for, but checking the neck tags is a very easy indicator to start with if you know your tags.

So, what about this Blackhawks alt jersey? (That mixes a "Reebok" tag with "RBK" ribbon)

ebay: EUC RBK 08-09 AUTH7187 BLACKHAWKS/TOEWS JERSEY SZ 60

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

So, what about this Blackhawks alt jersey? (That mixes a "Reebok" tag with "RBK" ribbon)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

That looks good. It is from the first year of the alternate jerseys. Typically fakes do not go up to a size 60.

also I'm not entirely convinced that the tag and ribbon match theory is 100% correct. I have an alternate that has the Reebok tag with the RBK ribbon, and two all star jerseys (be it from different years) one bearing both RBK/RBK collar/ribbon while the other is Reebok/Reebok.

Thanks guys, I have bought from him before and have been pleased. I was really pointing out that I found a mix of Ribbon/tag and just wanted confirmation and to point that our for others, if legit....could be because this was the first year for the Alts. Thanks

Yeah, that's real. As NYIJM29 says, those are from the first year of Edge alternates, 2008-09 one and done, and fakers don't make size 60. My guess is that early inventory had the "Rbk" ribbon put on and the "Reebok" ribbon was a running change. I know MountainKing's black Toews jersey has the "Reebok" ribbon. All my retail alternates happen to have "Reebok". But since the ribbons aren't consistent enough, I'll have to update my post.

DaNoobie, you are right on the All-Stars. I checked my all-star jerseys and pictures. The 2006-07 and 2007-08 have Rbk/Rbk, the 2008-09 have Reebok/Reebok, and I'm guessing this year has Reebok/Reebok. It looks like the "Reebok" trend started in 2008-09.

So here's my tag scorecard:

Team Home/Away: "Rbk" tag

Team Alternates/Classics/Specials: "Reebok" tag

All-Star 2006-07 & 2007-08: "Rbk" tag

All-Star 2008-09 & 2010-11: "Reebok" tag

My 09 East is Reebok/Reebok (Montreal)

My 08 East is RBK/RBK (Atlanta)

Maybe we can get a list going. For the record, my alternate is for the Canucks. If anyone knows how to read the serial/ID tag, we can identify which year its from

Thanks. It seems like I've heard the vector phase out rumors for a few years. I just don't see it happening. It would be like Nike dropping their swoosh.

rbk-logo.gif

Sorry - I specifically meant the RBK with the vector next to it, like shown above. The separate vector design on the back neck isn't going away, it's the combo of "Rbk" and the vector being replaced with "Reebok".

200px-Reebok_logo.svg.png

I agree they aren't going to get rid of the vector symbol entirely, just no longer use it in conjuction with the Rbk mark.

th_logo_REEBOK_ICON_1.jpg

I know they've started making the transition on their gear, especially goalie pads. I believe it is happening on sticks as well. They also changed it on the gamewear blank Edge template jerseys as of this season.

From what I've seen whenever there is a new style (not just 3rd, but new home/away as well) they are using the new Reebok wordmark. The Sabres and Isles now have Reebok instead of Rbk on their home and away since they were redesigned for this year etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190497311365&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

This looks good to me, it's got the reinforced elbows that I don't see on fakes. It's just missing the "A", so I'm curious what year it's from. I emailed the seller, but you guys will know faster lol. Also, sort of related to the discussion going on - I heard something about Reebok moving production of all their jerseys overseas after next year? Anyone else hear that?

Another question - what's with the "stitching" around the edges of "RANGERS" on this? It doesn't look like any actual stitching I've ever seen on a jersey. Is it just some kind of finished edge? I'm not planning on buying it, because the eBay listing originally had it listed as NWOT, but is now listed as used and has a stain on it. Just curious so I know what to look for on Starter jerseys. Link below.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/IMG_4295.jpg

Another question - what's with the "stitching" around the edges of "RANGERS" on this? It doesn't look like any actual stitching I've ever seen on a jersey. Is it just some kind of finished edge? I'm not planning on buying it, because the eBay listing originally had it listed as NWOT, but is now listed as used and has a stain on it. Just curious so I know what to look for on Starter jerseys. Link below.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/IMG_4295.jpg

Its just a replica starter sweater. I'd assume it would be from 95-98. The starter reps aren't always dead on, the patches and crests are sometimes made out of a softer material and are usually glued to the sweater.

Almost certainly a fake. The seller is selling two fake Kovalevs as well.

Yea I saw the fake Kovi's, didn't know this was being faked at this point.

the "A" is way off on the stevie y

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190497311365&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

This looks good to me, it's got the reinforced elbows that I don't see on fakes. It's just missing the "A", so I'm curious what year it's from.

Most replicas don't have reinforced elbows (Starter and ProPlayer were exceptions). Also all you're looking for is replicas, and they are rarely if ever faked.

As for the year, I could tell you, but then you'd never learn to use the tools at your disposal. A quick check of NHLUniforms.com will show what year the Rangers wore that style in Starter (hint: there was only one).

Most replicas don't have reinforced elbows (Starter and ProPlayer were exceptions). Also all you're looking for is replicas, and they are rarely if ever faked.

As for the year, I could tell you, but then you'd never learn to use the tools at your disposal. A quick check of NHLUniforms.com will show what year the Rangers wore that style in Starter (hint: there was only one).

Interesting, but that still doesn't explain the lack of an "A" considering the year it was worn. The seller himself isn't even sure why there's no "A", but a Leetch jersey from '96-'97 should have one.

Edit: Speaking of the tools at my disposal, is there a similar website where I can look up Olympic sweaters by year?

Interesting, but that still doesn't explain the lack of an "A" considering the year it was worn. The seller himself isn't even sure why there's no "A", but a Leetch jersey from '96-'97 should have one.

Edit: Speaking of the tools at my disposal, is there a similar website where I can look up Olympic sweaters by year?

No, unfortunately nothing great like NHLUniforms for international jerseys. You can always got to Getty Images and find pics from the Olympics.

On the "A" thing, I know you won't like this, but it is a replica. A factory customized replica (you can tell by the paper backing on the inside of the customization). Often stuff like "C" and "A" are left off replicas because frankly some people just don't like them.

Honestly if I were you, I wouldn't waste time looking for already customized replicas - most of them are do not have pro-stitched 100% accurate customization, because well, they are replicas. I think you might be better off buying blank replicas and having them customized to your exact specifications.

No, unfortunately nothing great like NHLUniforms for international jerseys. You can always got to Getty Images and find pics from the Olympics.

On the "A" thing, I know you won't like this, but it is a replica. A factory customized replica (you can tell by the paper backing on the inside of the customization). Often stuff like "C" and "A" are left off replicas because frankly some people just don't like them.

Honestly if I were you, I wouldn't waste time looking for already customized replicas - most of them are do not have pro-stitched 100% accurate customization, because well, they are replicas. I think you might be better off buying blank replicas and having them customized to your exact specifications.

Yeah, I'm watching some blanks on eBay right now, but sometimes it's hard to pass up something hard to find for a reasonable price. I can always get an "A" thrown on. All of the Reebok replicas have them, I guess it's just not the same with the older jerseys. I don't know how easy it would be to customize an old jersey, it seems like the Reebok font is a little different from the older fonts. Maybe it's the nameplate throwing me off on the current jerseys.

All of the Reebok replicas have them, I guess it's just not the same with the older jerseys. I don't know how easy it would be to customize an old jersey, it seems like the Reebok font is a little different from the older fonts.

The Reebok premiers that are pre-customized do not usually have the "A"s. For example, my Marty St.Louis TBL jersey does not have the 26 or the "A" on the front.