It is good or not?

lafountain

The Reebok premiers that are pre-customized do not usually have the "A"s. For example, my Marty St.Louis TBL jersey does not have the 26 or the "A" on the front.

My Callahan heritage has the "A", my friend's home Callahan premier has the "A". In fact, I haven't seen a single Rangers premier jersey without an "A" or a "C" for Staal, Callahan or Drury. They all have the letters. And yes, all of the above were pre-customized jerseys. The way to tell the difference, at least the ones you can buy at MSG, is easy - The pre-customized jerseys that MSG gets shipped in have all the lettering and numbers sewn to the jersey, along with the "A" or "C", whereas the ones they make up themselves when they run out are heat pressed. The pre-customized ones absolutely have the appropriate letter on the front.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Callahan heritage has the "A", my friend's home Callahan premier has the "A". In fact, I haven't seen a single Rangers premier jersey without an "A" or a "C" for Staal, Callahan or Drury. They all have the letters. And yes, all of the above were pre-customized jerseys. The way to tell the difference, at least the ones you can buy at MSG, is easy - The pre-customized jerseys that MSG gets shipped in have all the lettering and numbers sewn to the jersey, along with the "A" or "C", whereas the ones they make up themselves when they run out are heat pressed. The pre-customized ones absolutely have the appropriate letter on the front.

The factory customized jerseys do not have letters (unless you are Crosby, Sakic, or Ovechkin). MSG is different because it is a team store. If you were to walk into Modells, and if they had a Callahan jersey, there would be no "A" on it.

If you really want me to, I will find proof.

The factory customized jerseys do not have letters (unless you are Crosby, Sakic, or Ovechkin). MSG is different because it is a team store. If you were to walk into Modells, and if they had a Callahan jersey, there would be no "A" on it.

If you really want me to, I will find proof.

I don't know who customizes for the team stores at MSG, but I know for a fact the ones that are sewn are not done in house. They're shipped in, that's why they never have players anyone wants. Also, the jerseys Modells sells are entirely wrong. The numbers and letters are small, and they have the worst fake stitching on them. They look worse than my knockoff, so I don't go by anything they sell.

I can easily post pictures of my Callahan jersey purchased the Double Teamed store, which was factory customized because it's got the paper inside the jersey that the twill is sewn onto. What factory is anyone's guess, I'm assuming Reebok does them and ships them to MSG, but they are absolutely not the same as the jerseys the team stores make up themselves when they run out of the factory customized jerseys. The ones MSG does themselves are heat pressed and I would never buy one.

Malkin wears an "A": http://www.footballfanatics.com/NHL_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Jerseys/Reebok_Pittsburgh_Penguins__Number_71_Evgeni_Malkin_Black_Premier_Hockey_Jersey

Crosby wears a "C" (and it is on the jersey): http://www.footballfanatics.com/NHL_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Jerseys/Reebok_Pittsburgh_Penguins__Number_87_Sidney_Crosby_Black_Premier_Hockey_Jersey

Lecavalier is captain and should have a 4 on the front, but neither are there: http://www.footballfanatics.com/NHL_Tampa_Bay_Lightning/Reebok_Tampa_Bay_Lightning__Number_4_Vincent_Lecavalier_Black_Premier_Hockey_Jersey

Pronger wears an "A", but where is it on this jersey? http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11156559&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Richards' jersey has the "C" http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11156558&cp=3169596&clickid=body_bestsell_img

so you can't say "oh, it is only an image"

I believe you that it has the "A" and I have been to Double Teamed (that is hysterical btw..the name of the store :thumbsup: )

Very interesting. First time I've seen that, but then again I'd never notice looking at another team's jerseys. Only time I ever seen another team's jerseys is when the Isles, Devils or Philly are in town. Mostly we just trash their fans...like the schmuck in the Isles jersey at the Philly game a couple weeks ago. Guy's Isles jersey said "NYR SUCKS". Almost got into a fight with the dude 3 seats to the right of me.

I think this is accurate...hell even when I was a kid I would go to Modell's and wonder why the "A" wasn't on the LeClair jerseys. I've never seen a Gagne jersey retailed with the A, nor have I seen Carter/Timonen/Pronger. Only Richie and his C. I guess they think the A status is too volatile to validate putting on.

Guy's Isles jersey said "NYR SUCKS". Almost got into a fight with the dude 3 seats to the right of me.

Very interesting perspective. It's not like Isles fans are pushed by rangers fans to get those jerseys made. I have seen over a dozen "Potvin Sucks/94" jerseys...even a beloved member on this board has one. Those are the types of people who made me buy my authentic rangers jersey with intentions to get "Suck" on the front and "Potvin's Cups/4" or "One Since/40" on the back. I didn't do it yet because if I get One Since '40 jersey, the rangers would win the Cup.

I am not going to comment on the fighting thing because this isn't the proper thread and I don't want to offend any other ranger fans on this board.

I think this is accurate...hell even when I was a kid I would go to Modell's and wonder why the "A" wasn't on the LeClair jerseys. I've never seen a Gagne jersey retailed with the A, nor have I seen Carter/Timonen/Pronger. Only Richie and his C. I guess they think the A status is too volatile to validate putting on.

Thanks for reminding me! My rangers Jagr jersey does not have an "A" on it (bought it from Hockeygiant.com). However, my Sundin and Naslund have the "C".

Thanks for reminding me! My rangers Jagr jersey does not have an "A" on it (bought it from Hockeygiant.com). However, my Sundin and Naslund have the "C".

I have the Naslund and Jagr from there...same. It's nuts.

I have the Naslund and Jagr from there...same. It's nuts.

I got the white Jagr...I really wanted the liberty but missed it by a day (unsure of what I wanted to buy). Hopefully they get Premiers and have those crazy sales! (they already have an Ovie!)

Very interesting perspective. It's not like Isles fans are pushed by rangers fans to get those jerseys made. I have seen over a dozen "Potvin Sucks/94" jerseys...even a beloved member on this board has one. Those are the types of people who made me buy my authentic rangers jersey with intentions to get "Suck" on the front and "Potvin's Cups/4" or "One Since/40" on the back. I didn't do it yet because if I get One Since '40 jersey, the rangers would win the Cup.

I am not going to comment on the fighting thing because this isn't the proper thread and I don't want to offend any other ranger fans on this board.

We do push you guys, but I think it's hilarious to see a guy come into our house with an "NYR SUCKS" jersey knowing he's asking for a beating. I thought about getting a Potvin Sucks jersey made up, but then I thought, when would I wear it? I've never been in your building, and I certainly wouldn't wear it to a Rangers/Isles game at MSG. Why waste a perfectly good blank on that?

I guess it holded true what that dude told me years ago about the "A" and "C"'s on retailed factory jerseys and that they only put "C"'s on them...I think its dumb not to include the A if that player is an alternate captain on the team but it's no big deal to do it yourself if it doesnt have an A on the sweater. When i got my liberty Jagr it didnt have the A either well since i got the authentic blue jagr with the C, may as well get an A for it.

We do push you guys, but I think it's hilarious to see a guy come into our house with an "NYR SUCKS" jersey knowing he's asking for a beating.

I don't think any hockey fan goes into an arena asking for a "beating". I got my fair of s*** at the World Juniors for wearing an American jersey in a sea of Canadians, but it was all good fun and everyone left happy or drunk like me on all the free beer people were throwing at me. But I would never expect to go to a Flyers game thinking I would get beat up, hell I remember Brilliant! and I joking around JohnnyontheSpot at the Meigray expo (even though we didn't know it at the time), and that's the kind of ribbing I'd expect at an away game. But this isn't the thread for that. So here's a fake jersey to avoid guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Henrik-Lundqvist-30-NY-Rangers-85th-Anniversary-jersey-/270701327402?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f070e742a

That's actually one of the better looking heritage fakes I've seen up to this point. The vintage white is actually almost vintage white, instead of hospital white. Horrible looking 85th patch though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Jose-Sharks-Jonathan-Cheechoo-RBK-jersey-nwt-/270701379575?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f070f3ff7

This is an interesting piece. Not something I'm after perse, but at first glance, the fight strap looks narrow and does not appear to be attached to a piece of twill. The Cheechoo looks... small in general, but not being an expert on Sharks jerseys, I dont really know. Could just be bad customization. On the other hand, it is claimed to be a XXL jersey with a visible jock tag that most counterfeiters dont bother with. The back numbers look spot on too, without the usual tell-tale signs of shininess and such. One more point is that this seller seems to sell legit stuff for the most part.

What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Jose-Sharks-Jonathan-Cheechoo-RBK-jersey-nwt-/270701379575?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f070f3ff7

This is an interesting piece. Not something I'm after perse, but at first glance, the fight strap looks narrow and does not appear to be attached to a piece of twill. The Cheechoo looks... small in general, but not being an expert on Sharks jerseys, I dont really know. Could just be bad customization. On the other hand, it is claimed to be a XXL jersey with a visible jock tag that most counterfeiters dont bother with. The back numbers look spot on too, without the usual tell-tale signs of shininess and such. One more point is that this seller seems to sell legit stuff for the most part.

What do you guys think?

"Free gift is Toronto maple leafs 16 month wall calendar with dvd-rom $17.99 value."

This alone should be reason enough to not bid on that.

The jock tag and the vector on the sleeve makes me think like someone added an anemic fight strap to a Premier replica.

What do you guys think?

Just saying, but I've seen fakes with jock tags, in particular a white Thornton. That name looks funky to me.

We do push you guys, but I think it's hilarious to see a guy come into our house with an "NYR SUCKS" jersey knowing he's asking for a beating. I thought about getting a Potvin Sucks jersey made up, but then I thought, when would I wear it? I've never been in your building, and I certainly wouldn't wear it to a Rangers/Isles game at MSG. Why waste a perfectly good blank on that?

Buddy. I go too Leaf games in T.O all the time wearing the other team jerseys! easy way to get on T.V. Never had a problem and if any thug mofo wants to try to take a swing I say bring it. Even more fun at the game but thats just me. I could care less IMO.

Anyone who comes to games to fight should be stabbed.

P.S. The rangers DO suck. So do the Isles! how bout them apples!

Says the fan of a team that hasn't won a Stanley Cup since the creation of the Super Bowl.

Okay, let's get it back on track now, guys. Trash-talking is fun but this is the legit check thread so let's keep it that way.

Buddy. I go too Leaf games in T.O all the time wearing the other team jerseys! easy way to get on T.V. Never had a problem and if any thug mofo wants to try to take a swing I say bring it. Even more fun at the game but thats just me. I could care less IMO.

The Rangers will be in the playoffs while your Leafs will be playing golf. Wait, do they know what golf is in Canada? Or do you guys just go booling...err, I mean bowling, eh? ;)

Says the fan of a team that hasn't won a Stanley Cup since the creation of the Super Bowl.

Okay, let's get it back on track now, guys. Trash-talking is fun but this is the legit check thread so let's keep it that way.

LOL. BOOM!!!

Like Mike said, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT about the trash talk!!! You never know when it will come back to bite you. If you want to act like that, then create a NEW thread. It's kind of embarrassing to see another Penguins fan talk so much. :glare: