It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed usaully they are in the $200 range. I think this guy is trying to capitalize on the fact that this jersey is really hard to get

$200 range? That's still too much for a premier. They are usually $90-115

The authentic is close to $400. I agree its expensive. Was really just trying to figure out if it is a fake or not.

Its real, ive seen a bunch of those faked on eBay and they look horrble. Like you mentioned previously the seller probably has the price real high because of the rarity of these jerseys. I personally feel that people are going to pay the price based on what it is worth to them. If this is worth the price to you by all means go for it. There is an eBay seller in Canada that i bought my Kings 40th anniversary jersey from who is selling the Rangers heritage rbk edge jerseys for 239.99.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-NHL-2010-New-York-Rangers-Third-Authentic-Jersey-/200539743355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2eb119a47b

It looks a little sketchy but thats where i bought my Kings jersey. I would definitely email him and check if thats the route you take.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-NHL-2010-New-York-Rangers-Third-Authentic-Jersey-/200539743355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2eb119a47b

It looks a little sketchy but thats where i bought my Kings jersey. I would definitely email him and check if thats the route you take.

I've bought from him as well. He does need to post a better picture, the Avery leak pic isn't cutting it.

Agreed usaully they are in the $200 range. I think this guy is trying to capitalize on the fact that this jersey is really hard to get

The only place to legitimately purchase this jersey with the 85th patch and retired numbers on the inside hem is one of the team stores at MSG, where it retails for $225. I got mine for $180 thanks to my friend's season ticket holder Christmas discount.

The only place to legitimately purchase this jersey with the 85th patch and retired numbers on the inside hem is one of the team stores at MSG, where it retails for $225. I got mine for $180 thanks to my friend's season ticket holder Christmas discount.

That is a legit replica too, replicas arent as hard to get in stock as the authentics. The team store isnt the only place that sells replicas but the majority of sales may occur there. Especially when this seller is selling them for 275.

I've bought from him as well. He does need to post a better picture, the Avery leak pic isn't cutting it.

I was in the middle of talking to him about buying my Kings 40th jersey and all a sudden he had one left in stock. He should update eBay a little better but he was one of the nicer sellers ive come across.

That is a legit replica too, replicas arent as hard to get in stock as the authentics. The team store isnt the only place that sells replicas but the majority of sales may occur there. Especially when this seller is selling them for 275.

You don't understand what I'm saying - You can purchase a replica ANYWHERE that might sell it. HOWEVER, the only place to purchase ANY heritage jersey, replica or authentic, WITH the 85th patch on the shoulder AND the retired numbers on the inside hem, is at MSG. It's an MSG exclusive, they are the only place legally allowed to sell that jersey with those specific features. Anything else is a fake.

You don't understand what I'm saying - You can purchase a replica ANYWHERE that might sell it. HOWEVER, the only place to purchase ANY heritage jersey, replica or authentic, WITH the 85th patch on the shoulder AND the retired numbers on the inside hem, is at MSG. It's an MSG exclusive, they are the only place legally allowed to sell that jersey with those specific features. Anything else is a fake.

Did you think that maybe that they are replicas being customized by a shop and having the patches sewn on?

I tell you what maybe you are right, from your previous posts i take it your from NYC so you should know if its an MSG exclusive. So whats up with that replica at 275? Its fake or is what the description says not accurate?

dont the regular replicas have the numbers on the inside?? i usually seen them in tons of stores but never checked the inside. And if they do whats the difference between buying an "MSG exclusive" and buying a replica and getting the official patch sewn on (where you can find easily)? It wouldnt be "fake" since its a real jersey and a real patch.

I tell you what maybe you are right, from your previous posts i take it your from NYC so you should know if its an MSG exclusive. So whats up with that replica at 275? Its fake or is what the description says not accurate?

It's probably bogus. If it has the retired numbers on the inside hem, it's definitely bogus. NOBODY can get players anyone wants, MSG's team stores and stands on the plaza are always out of players like Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Lundqvist etc. I got lucky, they had just gotten a delivery when I got my Callahan heritage. I've looked at multiple other retailers, including the NHL Store (owned and operated by Reebok) and even the heritage jerseys they sell don't have the patch or retired numbers on them. On top of that, they can't even put the patch on for you if you bring them one, because it's an MSG exclusive.

I guess it's always possible that he went to a Rangers game and got ONE OR TWO, but not as many as I've seen this guy sell. Even the team stores at MSG can't keep them in stock. I also don't trust the pictures he provides. They're always the same images and he also doesn't show the retired numbers on the inside hem. It's entirely possible that he bought them from NHL.com, or the NHL Store, or even another retailer and had the patch put on after the fact. I personally guarantee you that the only place to get a heritage jersey with the patch and retired numbers is from MSG directly. Even Cosby's can't sell them like that and Gerry does the jerseys for the team. If you buy one elsewhere, check the inside hem. If the retired numbers aren't there, it was purchased outside of MSG and the patch was applied later. If the numbers are there, it's probably a really good fake. I personally would never buy one outside of MSG.

dont the regular replicas have the numbers on the inside?? i usually seen them in tons of stores but never checked the inside. And if they do whats the difference between buying an "MSG exclusive" and buying a replica and getting the official patch sewn on (where you can find easily)? It wouldnt be "fake" since its a real jersey and a real patch.

This is true, it wouldn't necessarily be a "fake", but at the same time, it wouldn't be what everyone else is wearing. The jerseys you see in retailers shouldn't have the patch on them, and they most certainly should not have the retired numbers inside the hem. That's the only difference between what other retailers are allowed to sell and what MSG sells. I personally wouldn't buy one outside of the team stores.

Edit: If that guy keeps selling them for $275 and people keep buying them, I'm gonna put my purchased-at-MSG Callahan heritage jersey on eBay with a copy of my receipt to show that it's legit and purchased directly from the team store, and I'm gonna set a reserve of $350.

Did you think that maybe that they are replicas being customized by a shop and having the patches sewn on?

That is exactly what the seller is doing. However, the "A" is not italicized when it should be.

I understand what Dropkick is saying though...if anyone wants the retired numbers inside of the jersey, the only place that will sell those jerseys is the MSG store.

HOWEVER, if you do not care for the retired numbers, you can go to any store that sells NHL premier jerseys, such as IJ, Sportsk.com, etc, and buy it and have an 85th patch sewn on.

The Est. 1926 is on all of the jerseys, regardless of where you purchase it.

The "retired numbers" aren't even that special. They are heat pressed into the jersey (on the replicas and authentics), and cannot even be seen! Thought I am excited to get my gamer, I finally recouped that cost (or I will on Sunday when everything is paid for :) )