It is good or not?

lafountain

Ok? All of my jerseys are replicas. If I was a Hawks fan and I wanted it bad enough, I'd buy it. I hate when people point out things like "it's a replica", like it's meaningless to the entire world. I get that most of you guys are collectors, so I'm in the minority here. Difference is, you guys can afford authentic jerseys - I can't, so I don't even look at them. The only people I see wearing Edge jerseys are the guys on the ice....

its a replica anyways.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it's from the Roger Edwards line of vintage sweaters made out of knit acrylic to give them the weight and feeling of an old wool jersey. These have been around for 20 years now and have been made by CCM and Starter.

Ok? All of my jerseys are replicas. If I was a Hawks fan and I wanted it bad enough, I'd buy it. I hate when people point out things like "it's a replica", like it's meaningless to the entire world. I get that most of you guys are collectors, so I'm in the minority here. Difference is, you guys can afford authentic jerseys - I can't, so I don't even look at them. The only people I see wearing Edge jerseys are the guys on the ice....

Don't let that bother you. I just recently bought my first authentic only about six to seven months ago. My philosophy is if it looks cool and you like it then buy it. Who cares if its authentic or not. I hardly spend over $80 for an authentic now just because people aren't really buying jerseys at this time.

As nice as they are, I personally would never pay the kind of money most authentic jerseys go for. Once in a while I see one sell for a reasonable price, but still more than I'd ever pay for something I'd be afraid to wear. I live in NYC, so I spend a lot of time in the NHL Store and I think the prices are outrageous. $400 for a customized Edge jersey that they're just going to heat press. It's another 80 bucks to have it sent out and sewn. For around $180 I can walk into the plaza at MSG and pick up a premiere replica with the sleeves and back sewn on, and if it really bothered me I could have the front professionally sewn and have it look like an Edge jersey and I'd be the only person who knows the difference. I'm not going to be inspected that closely at a hockey game, and the majority of my friends wouldn't know the difference if you explained it to them with a detailed slideshow.

Don't let that bother you. I just recently bought my first authentic only about six to seven months ago. My philosophy is if it looks cool and you like it then buy it. Who cares if its authentic or not. I hardly spend over $80 for an authentic now just because people aren't really buying jerseys at this time.

An older jersey? The only place I've seen the black RBK tag recently is on my knockoff, but I also haven't seen a knockoff with an authentic jersey tag on the neck.

Yup.

It looks like it's from the Roger Edwards line of vintage sweaters made out of knit acrylic to give them the weight and feeling of an old wool jersey. These have been around for 20 years now and have been made by CCM and Starter.

Thanks! First one line this I've seen.

You just THINK you can't afford them! That why you can't.

If you just keep digging and save a bit of cash you can get and Authentic for the price of replica! I do it all the time.

Pass on one or two replicas and get x1 Authentic instead.

Just look at the deals in recent days past - A $46 dollar Bure Authentic! $125 Dollar Team Canada Lemieux Authentic. I can't count the deals the week on E-bay!

E-bay is tricky cuz it's auction format. Sometimes you win. sometimes you loose. Yet from what I can see most people don't know what they got to sell and you can snipe them for 1/3rd of the price. Take advantage!

Haha, I wouldn't have even noticed the Bure or Team Canada (I'm still pissed that you guys won on a cheap goal by Crosbaby no less) but I have seen other things go fairly cheap. I paid entirely too much for my replica Liberty jersey, but that was before I knew better. The jerseys I watch (and want) ALWAYS get jacked up by some a****** who purposely bids $50 higher than what he has to just to drive up the price.

I was watching a NWOT Graves jersey a week or so ago that started at $50, and ended over $200 because some tool set his maximum bid at $190 for no reason. Same with the Richter I was watching, $35 starting bid, ends over $100....NWOT. Hell, the Gretzky replica I was watching WITH tags went for less than that.

You just THINK you can't afford them! That why you can't.

If you just keep digging and save a bit of cash you can get and Authentic for the price of replica! I do it all the time.

Pass on x2 replicas and get x1 Authentic instead.

Just look at the deals in recent days past - A $46 dollar Bure Authentic! $125 Dollar Team Canada Lemieux Authentic. I can't count the deals the week on E-bay!

E-bay is tricky cuz it's auction format. Take advantage!

Is it difficult for an average joe who doesn't really ever do that kind of stuff or difficult in general. I only ask because if its cheap, i'll definitely get one and send it off somewhere

Its def worth picking up for a cheap price, you can attempt it yourself but i believe they are three layer numbers and that is hard to do and time consuming. Sending it off to be stripped and re-done isnt a bad idea, you will steal beat the price of a customized edge big time. IMO it is worth picking one up.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Authentic-Starter-NHL-Phoenix-Coyotes-Jersey-W0QQAdIdZ253975443#

Is it good? For $50 I'm skeptical but getting a name thrown on there would be cheap and I like the jersey so ..

That looks good.You are good to go

alright awesome, I'll pick it up on thursday. lol

Not that it belongs here but how much would getting it customized cost me?

I would give EPS a call for a price