It is good or not?

lafountain

What is this hobby coming to? A genuine home white 1996-97 Peter Bondra jersey with kiss-cut numbers and letters sells on eBay for $127???? That thing is worth at LEAST $200. That just goes to show you that NOBODY is buying anything right now...and if they are, it's mostly fake crap. What a shame.

I never should have given up that Bondra Slovakia jersey. I want it back now. Whoever bought it from me, give it back!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this jersey for real. If so, is that what a Gretzky gamer goes for? Not that I am interested I just thought they went for a lot more.

Gretzky game worn

Guh...I hate those. Some dolt bought a whole road set of the old 1981-82 Oilers road jerseys with the 'International Year of Disables Persons' patch on the shoulder and then had them all stripped and turned into Gretzky jerseys. The jersey itself IS legit but it wasn't worn by Gretzky at all. No matter who wore it initially, it's not worth that price anymore.

Is this jersey for real. If so, is that what a Gretzky gamer goes for? Not that I am interested I just thought they went for a lot more.

Gretzky game worn

As it says in the description, it may be a game worn Edmonton jersey that had Gretzky's name and number added at a later date. At the price it would have been long gone if it was an actual Gretzky sweater.

What is this hobby coming to? A genuine home white 1996-97 Peter Bondra jersey with kiss-cut numbers and letters sells on eBay for $127???? That thing is worth at LEAST $200. That just goes to show you that NOBODY is buying anything right now...and if they are, it's mostly fake crap. What a shame.

I never should have given up that Bondra Slovakia jersey. I want it back now. Whoever bought it from me, give it back!

OR it could be cuz the caps SUCK!! :thumbsup: lol

Plus Bondra is a old man now and a euro. x2 strikes :noway:

Can anyone tell me if this jersey is legit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755417944#ht_843wt_905

Looks like the crest and shoulder patches are sewn on to me, but I'm not sure about the material. Almost looks like my fake Gaborik. I know the Starter jerseys weren't really faked, just curious.

Can anyone tell me if this jersey is legit? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755417944#ht_843wt_905

Looks like the crest and shoulder patches are sewn on to me, but I'm not sure about the material. Almost looks like my fake Gaborik. I know the Starter jerseys weren't really faked, just curious.

Looks like a legit Starter replica. As for the material it's a medium weight airknit, not mesh like the authentics. Replicas are not normally faked - mainly it's authentics.

Interesting. I think my Koho replica is mesh but I'm not sure. I never really paid much attention until I started looking at all the different incarnations of the same jerseys. I'm going to post a picture of my Liberty and maybe somebody can tell me. If there's anything "wrong" with this jersey, I don't notice it and I'm happy with the jersey, so please don't point out any flaws you might see. If I know there's something wrong I won't be happy. Let me enjoy my jersey :)

155777_461623652014_507552014_6104336_5585223_n.jpg150306_461623732014_507552014_6104337_1301009_n.jpg

Looks like a legit Starter replica. As for the material it's a medium weight airknit, not mesh like the authentics. Replicas are not normally faked - mainly it's authentics.

Edited by DropkickMurphy8

I think my Koho replica is mesh but I'm not sure.

Nope that's airknit.

Here's a page that gives some insight into jersey materials which may help.

I think the last NHL team to wear a nylon mesh jersey was the Avs in 1999-00 made by ProPlayer. In the CCM/Koho era it was airknit (with the occasional ultrafil holdout).

Thanks for the response. You guys definitely know your jerseys here. I've been here for a day and I love this place already. Definitely gonna hang around :-)

Nope that's airknit.

Here's a page that gives some insight into jersey materials which may help.

I think the last NHL team to wear a nylon mesh jersey was the Avs in 1999-00 made by ProPlayer. In the CCM/Koho era it was airknit (with the occasional ultrafil holdout).

Dude, if just by you're favorite team and also what I can only assume is your favorite band, you're gonna fit in nicely! :D

LOL!! NO KIDDING HUH!!

but I still think you rangers fans are out numbered by the Pen's and Philly fans.

LOL! Well, DKM isn't my favorite band by any stretch. The story behind the username is that my last name happens to be Murphy, and when I started listening to the band it just kind of fit. I do have all their albums and I am trying to get tickets to see them in March, but I already have RUSH tickets for April and I'm kind of holding out hope that AC/DC (they're my favorite band) comes to town one more time before they retire, so seeing DKM is probably not gonna happen this time around. They are pretty friggin kick Arse though.

Dude, if just by you're favorite team and also what I can only assume is your favorite band, you're gonna fit in nicely! :D

I was outnumbered by Philly fans at the friggin Rangers game on Sunday night.....I had one sitting next to me, but at least she was hot LOL

LOL!! NO KIDDING HUH!!

but I still think you rangers fans are out numbered by the Pen's and Philly fans.

I was outnumbered by Philly fans at the friggin Rangers game on Sunday night.....I had one sitting next to me, but at least she was hot LOL

Dude its a trap. A philthy philly trap.

Sorry philly fans, as the Bruins say, "Don't date in the division"

Hahaha, yeah but the dude was she was with was a Rangers fan. He didn't just date in the division, he married in it...

Dude its a trap. A philthy philly trap.

Sorry philly fans, as the Bruins say, "Don't date in the division"

I'm pretty sure this is an authentic, but that's not why I'm posting it here: Do the letters on the customization seem off in this picture or is it just me/bad ebay pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAY-BOURQUE-Boston-Bruins-AUTHENTIC-CCM-Jersey-NHL-HOF-/270695007942?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f06ae06c6#ht_761wt_1140

You Rangers' fans know you can't resist me.