lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these jerseys real or not?

My link

My link 2

Yes the Miller one is fake too. The front crest looks a little crooked, but that may be based on the picture the seller took. Also, the customization looks a little off and the numbering is somewhat shiny. All are indicators of a fake jersey.

Are these jerseys real or not?

My link

My link 2

In the Phaneuf (09/10) listing, the seller claims to have bought it from NHL.com but its a size 48... we know that EDGEs don't come in 48. What an outright lie.

Get a better close up shot of the NHL shield on the front neck but it looks real to me my friend.

I wanna get a Orr in that style just cuz.

^ I'll save myself the upload and say the shield looks good. It's a raised patch of good quality.

And to Brilliant, (pardon my inexperience) what do you mean by wrong side of the nameplate? Is it supposed to blend in with the rest of the jersey's material?

It's not necessarily a bad thing...just something I noticed. The knit of the material looks slightly different on the backside of the air-knit than on the front. It doesn't mean there's something wrong with the jersey though.

My link

I think it looks fake but just to be sure I ask anyways.

Edit: I also want to ask about this jersey

My link 2

I'm not familiar with the heroes of hockey jerseys but it looks pretty good to me and the rest of the sellers items are legit.

The Flyers jersey is an old Starter replica. But I'm pretty sure Starter replicas were the first to be faked back in the mid 90's. I always get varying quality on Starter replicas, some are really bad with flimsy crests, bad sizing and cheap material.

Apparently before I registered to this forum I mistakenly bought a fake Ovechkin jersey and when it arrived I found out it was fake. Although I contacted the seller and he said he would refund the money as long as I return the jersey. So now that my money is going to be refunded I want to know if these 3 jerseys a good to buy.

My link

My link 2

My link 3

Edited by formyhunny

Apparently before I registered to this forum I mistakenly bought a fake Ovechkin jersey and when it arrived I found out it was fake. Although I contacted the seller and he said he would refund the money as long as I return the jersey. So now that my money is going to be refunded I want to know if these 3 jerseys a good to buy.

My link

My link 2

My link 3

They are both fine but a bit on the pricey side. I'm pretty sure you could definitely find a Sakic replica for less than that.

They are both fine but a bit on the pricey side. I'm pretty sure you could definitely find a Sakic replica for less than that.

I'm actually fine with the price especially since the Yzerman jersey is a Pro Player jersey with the NHL 2000 patch.

My link

My link 2

My link 3

The Naslund is fine...I have one. the only problem is that the numbers, while twill, are heat sealed. You would just need to sew the numbers down, if you would like.

The Naslund is fine...I have one. the only problem is that the numbers, while twill, are heat sealed. You would just need to sew the numbers down, if you would like.

Well then I would buy a Canucks blank and send it for customizing. But I'm buying the Yzerman for sure

Edited by formyhunny

I'd sell you my Authentic Starter Sakic Sz 46for the price of the replica you posted.

Well the seller of the Yzerman jersey said that would sell it to me for a cheaper price. I'm already set to buy the Yzerman jersey thanks again though.

Did Richter actually wear the style jersey thats being sold on pro-jerseys.com??

http://pro-jerseys.com/rangers.php

rangers_richter_blue.jpg

Yes - the CCM/Koho 550 replicas are the style worn from 2000-2007 (pre-Edge era) so that would have been the style Richter wore from 2000 until his retirement in 2003.

If you don't care about manufacturer since it's a replica, that design actually goes back to 1997 when they added the lace-up color on the blues, and removed the spacing between the stripes (second season of the Starter era).

Is this real I don't want to buy another fake?

My link

total fake....VCR like that have dyed in stripes, not sewn together, plus the price is very low...but at least i guess we can all open up an "online authentication business" now... :lol: