It is good or not?

lafountain

Looks fake to me. The font on the crest got me and I can't imagine the legit version would look like that. It looks like the parts of the crest were hand drawn they are so bad looking. :lol:

Actually, you would be wrong. I'm pretty sure its a legit replica. I've seen others with that rubber crest on it. Plus it has the normal CCM replica "CCM" that is small and screened on the back.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you would be wrong. I'm pretty sure its a legit replica. I've seen others with that rubber crest on it. Plus it has the normal CCM replica "CCM" that is small and screened on the back.

I agree...I have a replica and it has that same "rubber" type crest.

I agree...I have a replica and it has that same "rubber" type crest.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I've been looking for one of these forever in my size without having to shell out $160. I just wish I hadn't bought a replica Hawks jersey the other day too, I could use the $30 I spent on that now :unsure:

thought's on this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140489720171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

First says "Authentic WTs Quebec Nordiques Peter Forsberg Jersey XL"

Then in description says "Brand new Vintage series Replica"

btw what does WTs mean?

Anyways, good replica or no? I don't like how it looks baby blue color,

however the close up shot looks better... so could be flash or lighting making

it look lighter....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140489720171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

btw what does WTs mean?

it look lighter....

"with tags" possibly

btw what does WTs mean?

it look lighter....

That thing is FAKE to beat the band. The lettering/numbering customization is skeptical and the second picture from a distance where you can tell the numbering is shiny gives it away. As Mike said, steer clear and don't become one of the Griffenfood victims.

btw what does WTs mean?

it look lighter....

PLEASE MUST READ. Please know that this jersey has had certain items Professionally added to the the jersey to give it a more pro look. I have the resources and ability to have added the fight strap, chest patch and an embroidered NHL shield on the hem. The jersey originally did not come with these add ons.

Hmm... :unsure: So the seller added a fight strap to a replica?

Hmm... :unsure: So the seller added a fight strap to a replica?

Regardless, Forsberg wasn't there in 92 anyway...... :P

um, I think that Forsberg is a Chinese fake actually. Griffenfood jerseys tend to be... better quality if you will. My first impression of this one is lolfake. Some points: computerized/faux stitching on the name, the nameplate looks funny, the fact that his name is neatjerseys...

Looking at his other stuff, the Selanne is glaringly fake and his price reflects it, while the Kurtenbach is probably legit hence the price. But definitely, like everyone else said, avoid the Forsberg

from a distance where you can tell the numbering is shiny gives it away.

ya I really didn't look that close and notice the first time...

shiny numbers just like the china fakes... and yes the patch also tells its 92

and his first season was 94

thx guys!

ya I really didn't look that close and notice the first time...

shiny numbers just like the china fakes... and yes the patch also tells its 92

and his first season was 94

thx guys!

The shiny numbers are usually a pretty big giveaway on fakes. Plus, if you look closely, the customization on them and the lettering/nameplate doesn't look right. It looks like it was cheaply pressed or half-assed sewn onto the jersey. Also, many a times sellers don't do research on the jerseys they put out, like the one you inquired about. That guy likely has no idea Forsberg's first season was 1994, not 1992 when the 75 anniversary NHL patch was sported. So it's little things like this too that can give away fakes as well as the big clues like the numbering.

Hey Lightning, it's a piece together job.

Check out the CCM on the left compared to the CCM on the right. Different Font Size and shape of the lettering. Indicates it's a regular Authentic changed to a double tag... Also can't tell if the red layer is thermalite like it should be, or twill.

Hope it helps!

Hey Lightning, it's a piece together job.

Check out the CCM on the left compared to the CCM on the right. Different Font Size and shape of the lettering. Indicates it's a regular Authentic changed to a double tag... Also can't tell if the red layer is thermalite like it should be, or twill.

Hope it helps!

Wow thanks so much i didn't notice that.Also his Kings jersey is clear that it was changed that i didn't notice it on this one.Were Double Tagged CCM jerseys Avaialble for the Kings and Blues?

The red layer is definitely sewn on. You can see the stitch marks on the close-up shot of the arm numbers. That one is seriously effed up and not even close to being worth what he's asking for it.

Also, I'm sure this has been stated before by someone but dent_the_twine is a notorious overcharger for his stuff. Most of it is really nice and almost always legit but he just charges WAAAAAAAAY too much for it all. Case in point, his Lemieux that he has for $600 with the wrong name font. Yeesh.

Looks good to me. I don't see anything about the jersey that makes it fake. Plus, I find it hard to believe those replicas would have been faked.

I agree with Sluggermatt. The one thing I would add is that from looking at all of his Rangers jerseys, they all seem to be factory customized replicas - meaning glued not stitched on the customization. Very easy to tell on his Leetch and Messier.

Weren't those pre-customized Starter jerseys almost embroidered? I seem to remember the numbers having the layer edges stitched on with a very tight and almost embroidery-like finish.

Weren't those pre-customized Starter jerseys almost embroidered? I seem to remember the numbers having the layer edges stitched on with a very tight and almost embroidery-like finish.

Hmm I saw the embroidered edges (in the auctions) and immediately thought glued. I'm not at home so I can't go check, but I could easily be wrong.

Is this a real jersey or a fake?

My link

Thats a real jersey and the seller is Legit