It is good or not?

lafountain

I thought M&N jerseys were made in Philly? Why does it say made in Korea? I never owned a M&N jersey so I don't know if that is right...could be cheaper to make in Korea.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. NHL CCM 550

I'd say you're okay with that one. I can't see anyone faking a CCM replica. The fonts all look accurate too.

I'd say you're good on that one mate. Replica's, especially CCM 550's are almost never faked. I had one of those exact jerseys (with a C though) so it looks good to go.

It is definitely legit. CCM 550s have the NHL orange puck on the back right.

I think it looks good, you can tell by the crest as well....fake penguins always have a shiny puffy looking crest and that one does not and fakes do a terrible job at reproducing glacier twill if they can at all.

Thanks guys - just as I thought. I'm surprised this one ended and went to offer.

I'm not the biggest Crosby fan but I like the jersey style and I'm always happy to add a customised jersey to my collection (they're hard to come by here).

I'm especially interested to see the glacier twill up close, I've never seen it before!

check out this seller.... something seems fishy to me,

he has a bunch of Authentic jerseys, yet asking $5-$50 each???

http://shop.ebay.com/londonknights33/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I been watching the one he has, the Tony Twist game worn...

the jersey looks fine but the customization is horrid looking,

the nameplate looks bad, the font "5" is totally wrong....and he says Game Worn????

Gets more strange... last night was bids on it for up to $75 or something,

and now it's back relisted I guess to $5 ????

How are the other jerseys., Probert for $42? Oilers Debrusk etc....

check out this seller.... something seems fishy to me,

he has a bunch of Authentic jerseys, yet asking $5-$50 each???

http://shop.ebay.com/londonknights33/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I been watching the one he has, the Tony Twist game worn...

the jersey looks fine but the customization is horrid looking,

the nameplate looks bad, the font "5" is totally wrong....and he says Game Worn????

Gets more strange... last night was bids on it for up to $75 or something,

and now it's back relisted I guess to $5 ????

How are the other jerseys., Probert for $42? Oilers Debrusk etc....

I highly doubt with the amount of bids that any of those are going to end near their current price, can't see the fight strap attachment to see if they are good or not, have you requested more pics?

Those jerseys are legit but some of the custom jobs are pretty bad; the Twist and DeBrusk especially.

Can they be stripped? If it stays low may be worth it just for the jersey if authentic

Maybe. Ultrafil can be fickle though. There's no guarantee that it WILL come off clean. Especially since the fonts aren't the same so there'd be spots where the was twill before where it wouldn't be after corrected.

I thought M&N jerseys were made in Philly? Why does it say made in Korea? I never owned a M&N jersey so I don't know if that is right...could be cheaper to make in Korea.

The Mitchell and Ness store is in Philadelphia, but the jerseys have been made in different locations. Mitchell and Ness is also located in Philadelphia, but the jerseys are NOT made there. The current NHL ones to the best of my knowledge are made in Korea. I know this because I own half a dozen of them. They've also been made in the USA and some central american countries I believe.

So in fact that Williams jersey looks legit to me. I never noticed if the Canucks wore nameplates back then though.

The Mitchell and Ness store is in Philadelphia, but the jerseys have been made in different locations. Mitchell and Ness is also located in Philadelphia, but the jerseys are NOT made there. The current NHL ones to the best of my knowledge are made in Korea. I know this because I own half a dozen of them. They've also been made in the USA and some central american countries I believe.

So in fact that Williams jersey looks legit to me. I never noticed if the Canucks wore nameplates back then though.

Thanks for the explanation. I never knew that. The only thing I own from M&N is a knock-off Isles jacket. :thumbsup:

Is that right? I thought all the REAL versions were made in the US too. Huh. At least all four of the ones I have are US made. Those are all pre-1920's baseball though so maybe there are differences.

Is that right? I thought all the REAL versions were made in the US too. Huh. At least all four of the ones I have are US made. Those are all pre-1920's baseball though so maybe there are differences.

I'm pretty sure M&N flannels are made in the USA, if that's what your pre-1920 MLB ones are. I have a few of them and they are all made in the USA. I know the NFL ones as well as the NBA ones are made elsewhere, not here.

EDIT: I could be wrong. Maybe M&N changed their production location. The guys on JC know much more about where M&N jerseys are made than I do.

Ohh okay. Well, that would make sense then. Like you though, I don't really know much about them. In fact, the only ones I really LIKE are the old turn of the century baseball ones.

while we're on the M&N topic, how does this look? I know zero about M&N jerseys but the crest doesn't look fake and looks like the style from that time period.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esposito-Mitchell-Ness-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-48-/120655820948?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c17a5b894

Also..I dont know own any authentic jerseys, just replicas. As far as sizing goes what is a size 52 the equivelant of? Thanks

go for it, I bought his size 52 Modano North stars and it's beautiful. He got in to me in amazing time too.

For those who know M&N jerseys, how does this Parent look: http://cgi.ebay.com/Bernie-Parent-Authentic-Throwback-Flyers-Jersey-sz-48-/230559607826?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ae6c6c12

My buddy is really interested in it and want to make sure he doesn't get swindled.

In not 100% sure but it looks a little off to me, I have four Mitchell and ness jerseys and they are slightly different than this, mainly it should have a date underneath the neck label and also the earlier m&n jerseys should have a (directly sewn into the jersey) 'm&n' wordmark on the lower back hem instead of the label this one has. So my gut would be to avoid this one. Hope this helps!

For those who know M&N jerseys, how does this Parent look: http://cgi.ebay.com/Bernie-Parent-Authentic-Throwback-Flyers-Jersey-sz-48-/230559607826?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ae6c6c12

My buddy is really interested in it and want to make sure he doesn't get swindled.

Upon further research I have found out that m&n have released a newer version of this jersey with a new type of jocktag and neck label so this may be legit but the neck seems awfully large (almost stretched) and the quality of the flyers logo also seems poor with the way it's sewn on. Maybe someone else can chime in?

A VERY resounding yes!! Do it now! I just bought his Gartner 89-90 jersey.

This is a great looking jersey and for such a good price.

Upon further research I have found out that m&n have released a newer version of this jersey with a new type of jocktag and neck label so this may be legit but the neck seems awfully large (almost stretched) and the quality of the flyers logo also seems poor with the way it's sewn on. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Use the M&N Flyers Parent jersey page as reference:

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Philadelphia-Flyers-1974-1975-Road-Jersey---Bernie-Parent__7232-5A6-74BPAR1.aspx

Compare the letters in the name, particularly the "P", "R" and "N". The listing has tiny holes in the top part of the "P" and "R" compared to the M&N page. The "N" has a slant that is too fat. The bottom line of the number 1 looks shorter than the serif at the top. And the whole number is probably too skinny. His Bobby Clarke is a fake, as the box holes of the number 6 are too skinny instead of being more square. His M&N 49ers/Deion Sanders and RBK Eagles/Maclin football jerseys are also fakes. Stay away if you want to buy a legitimate one.

go for it, I bought his size 52 Modano North Stars and it's beautiful. He got in to me in amazing time too.

I think the name font was slightly off on those Modano jerseys. The "A" in the name should have been more skinny and pointy. It needs an NHL 75th or Stanley Cup Centennial patch to make it really standout as a North Stars jersey instead of a 1993-94 Dallas Stars.