It is good or not?

lafountain

Use the M&N Flyers Parent jersey page as reference:

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Philadelphia-Flyers-1974-1975-Road-Jersey---Bernie-Parent__7232-5A6-74BPAR1.aspx

Compare the letters in the name, particularly the "P", "R" and "N". The listing has tiny holes in the top part of the "P" and "R" compared to the M&N page. The "N" has a slant that is too fat. The bottom line of the number 1 looks shorter than the serif at the top. And the whole number is probably too skinny. His Bobby Clarke is a fake, as the box holes of the number 6 are too skinny instead of being more square. His M&N 49ers/Deion Sanders and RBK Eagles/Maclin football jerseys are also fakes. Stay away if you want to buy a legitimate one.

I figured as much, I was just looking for those who might be more adept at identifying tagging and such. When I saw the Maclin wrapped in plastic and the multiple sizes of the Clarke available but wanted specific Parent references to tell my friend.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured as much, I was just looking for those who might be more adept at identifying tagging and such. When I saw the Maclin wrapped in plastic and the multiple sizes of the Clarke available but wanted specific Parent references to tell my friend.

All my M&N's are of the older hem style with the vintage "V" and M&N wordmark, and I have never seen the hem label version in person. But if you were to go by an M&N picture of the hem label for the Flyers Propp jersey, you can see that they should not have the "MADE IN KOREA" text like the fake does. The older versions would have the text on the neck labels.

Also note there is a "MADE IN CHINA" label underneath the neck M&N label. It can't be made in both China and Korea. I do know M&N has NFL jerseys made in China, but I'm not sure about the latest NHL jerseys.

I had a legit Bobby Hull blackhawks replica (premier) listed that got taken down for being fake. eBay is going to hear it...

All my M&N's are of the older hem style with the vintage "V" and M&N wordmark, and I have never seen the hem label version in person. But if you were to go by an M&N picture of the hem label for the Flyers Propp jersey, you can see that they should not have the "MADE IN KOREA" text like the fake does. The older versions would have the text on the neck labels.

Also note there is a "MADE IN CHINA" label underneath the neck M&N label. It can't be made in both China and Korea. I do know M&N has NFL jerseys made in China, but I'm not sure about the latest NHL jerseys.

I think I posted this earlier but I heard recently that Mitchell and Ness was bought by Reebok.

Adidas (owner of Reebok) acquired Mitchell & Ness in 2007.

That is correct. However, the quality of the jerseys has suffered. They seem to be using cheap material now and for the price I will be staying away from their jerseys.

while we're on the M&N topic, how does this look? I know zero about M&N jerseys but the crest doesn't look fake and looks like the style from that time period.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esposito-Mitchell-Ness-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jersey-48-/120655820948?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c17a5b894

I've actually got my eyes on that 'Hawks M&N jersey too. It looks legit to me, as I have seen others of it on ebay before. I hate to see what it will end at because I would LOVE to add it to my M&N collection. My guess is $250+.

Don't wanna start a new thread for this. I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction for buying legit patches? Looking for a Canucks Place patch, as well as a Canucks 25th Anniversary patch. Cheers

I know it's not an authentic jersey, but does this look weird to anyone? The crest looks kind of strange, like it's just a decal that was ironed on or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-NHL-Chicago-Blackhawks-ccm-jersey-75th-anniver-m-m-/230560881770?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35ae7fdc6a

The pictures are kind of small but these look legit. The price has me second guessing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-AUTHENTIC-WEST-ALL-STAR-JOE-SAKIC-JERSEY-SZ-48-AVS-/400174332941?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d2c3fbc0d

It looks like it is missing the team patch but it can be sewn on later. Anyone buy one of these from this seller before. I have an East version of this jersey. Would love to add the West version.

The pictures are kind of small but these look legit. The price has me second guessing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-AUTHENTIC-WEST-ALL-STAR-JOE-SAKIC-JERSEY-SZ-48-AVS-/400174332941?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d2c3fbc0d

It looks like it is missing the team patch but it can be sewn on later. Anyone buy one of these from this seller before. I have an East version of this jersey. Would love to add the West version.

100% legit, that guy sells quite a few cheap authentics.

100% legit, that guy sells quite a few cheap authentics.

Yeh it's all overstock, a fair amount of authentics and a ton of replicas. Legit seller - he was recently discussed in another thread around here somewhere (eBay thread maybe?)

Ok, I've been hovering over the forums for long enough, I've been looking at jerseys on eBay (great times) and I came across this one. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180597807173

The lack of fight strap and non-numerical sizing is a good sign that it's a legit replica, seller probably scored a bunch from local TJ Maxx/Marshalls/AJ Wright.

^ I figured it was a replica for the same reasons, but I'm still thrown off by that $300 price tag pictured in the thumbnails

It looks legit to me...the color of the numbers is correct. There is also felt numbers.

The 300 dollar mark up is because they were being sold at the game. Its ridiculous people paid that price for a replica...

I think the Flyers in the Wachovia Center were originally selling customized replicas for 275 which still is absurd. I'd say its a pretty good deal unless you live in the Boston area, venture out to your nearest TJ Maxx/Marshalls/AJ Wright if you have any.

Ok, I've been hovering over the forums for long enough, I've been looking at jerseys on eBay (great times) and I came across this one. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180597807173

Looks legit to me, the Flyers ones are selling for a similar price in Philly at retail in some places. The only real problem I notice is that it's a Bruins jersey.

^ I figured it was a replica for the same reasons, but I'm still thrown off by that $300 price tag pictured in the thumbnails

The Flyers WC I bought at Marshalls still had the Fenway Park store tags on it. It was blank and had a $200 price tag. I assume thats why we are finding loads of them at discount cause I'm pretty sure they didn't sell too many at those prices.

Theoretically you could add the Winter Classic patch to the Flyers away jersey this year and it will be an authentic.

Yeah, I thought about it, but I don't have the money to throw down for brand new Edge jerseys, and frankly I think we will be using the current jersey styles for a while, so no rush to get an authentic either.