It is good or not?

lafountain

I prefer ultrafil for both the feel and the fit. The airknit one is a 6100, and I just don't like the way the sleeves are so baggy. If you think your 46 2.0 sleeves are baggy, wait until you see the ones on the 6100. The jersey will fit you, but the arms look like a wizard robe.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleeve of wizard, very nice!

I prefer ultrafil for both the feel and the fit. The airknit one is a 6100, and I just don't like the way the sleeves are so baggy. If you think your 46 2.0 sleeves are baggy, wait until you see the ones on the 6100. The jersey will fit you, but the arms look like a wizard robe.

Really? Glad you told me. Definitely plan on avoiding that then.

I post this picture a lot because it never ceases to shock people who aren't familiar with 6100's. This is an Edge 1.0 size 50 over a CCM size 46 Blues 6100.

edge50_6100-46.jpg

How are the 2.0s on Coolhockey.com? They advertise that they're made in Canada and it being a retailer I'd figure they'd be good. No one seems to talk about buying them from there even though they're pretty affordable.

As a retailer I'd say Coolhockey is legit, have heard some bad things about their customization though. That said, I have noticed Frozen Pond to have cheaper 2.0s. Email them ahead of ordering and you can request a Canadian Made 2.0 instead of an Indo-Edge. Never heard of them not fulfilling the request.

I post this picture a lot because it never ceases to shock people who aren't familiar with 6100's. This is an Edge 1.0 size 50 over a CCM size 46 Blues 6100.edge50_6100-46.jpg

Wow that's crazy. I didn't realize that. Reebok had the right idea to remake the jersey so it's more appealing to the casual fan to wear one. Instead of having to wear a tent to support your team.

Wow that's crazy. I didn't realize that. Reebok had the right idea to remake the jersey so it's more appealing to the casual fan to wear one. Instead of having to wear a tent to support your team.

Casual fans need to go play chess in the park and take those crappy jerseys with them to keep their hemorrhoids from hurting while sitting on the park bench.

I disagree with respect. The older box jerseys are far superior in their quality, simplicity and overall cost.

When Reebok released the Edges, a long and good era of jersey history ended :(

I love my 2.0 jerseys that I have, but I always feel awkward in them. My CCM pros? Perfect.

I disagree with respect. The older box jerseys are far superior in their quality, simplicity and overall cost.

When Reebok released the Edges, a long and good era of jersey history ended :(

I love my 2.0 jerseys that I have, but I always feel awkward in them. My CCM pros? Perfect.

Everyone has their preference. I'd take an old CCM over and EDGE anyday.

Does this look fishy to anyone else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemieux-1989-90-Authentic-CCM-Pittsburgh-Penguins-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-52-BIN-/271772998601?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f46eedbc9

It looks like he took a "Vintage" re-make, stripped the neck tags out and put goo on his camera lens to mask that it's not genuine.

Shouldn't you be able to see the stitching in the elbows?
The CCM on the lower hem looks odd, or maybe it's because he purposely isn't showing anything inside

It looks like he folded the bottom of the jersey to keep you from seeing in.

I dunno, I could be wrong, at any rate I feel he's asking too much.

He usually posts decent quality photos, so just the fact that these photos look so shabby do lead you to believe that he is trying to hide something. I've dealt with them before, and I never had a problem though.

The vintage remakes had patches for the CCM hem logo. That definitely looks embroidered. Just ask him for better pics.

It's a 2.0, one of the earliest ones made for team use.

But then there's the gold toe crest, which I doubt the Vintage re-makes had?

Speaking of the "Gold toe"

Are those more sought after?

I never really thought about it.

I have a white 89' Gold toe and a Black 89' with a white toe (only going with 89' because they are both big block CCM / no NHL shield)

Sure wish a guy could get his hands on some sort of book that would have details about stuff like this... :D

They're not necessarily any more special than non-gold toes - it's just the jersey they wore from mid-way between '88-89 and '89-90.

Your "white toe" sans NHL shield sounds fishy though...would need pics. The pens with big block sans NHL shield should be a gold-toe with All-Star patch.

Last meeting with lawyers to finalize things is tomorrow morning, so hopefully hitting printers next week :D

I bought the Non-gold toe Pens road black from River City Sports roughly 20years ago. Pretty sure it's good.

I can send you pics if you'd like but I'm happy with it.

Mike lettered it for me a few years back with Kevin Stevens.

Does it also come with a certificate of concussion?