It is good or not?

lafountain

I don't get the logic, what do I care if people I don't know wear fakes?

That people don't realize they're funding sweatshop practice. The team/league doesn't benefit in any way when you purchase unauthorized made overseas jerseys. And maybe the fact that they're ugly.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying. I mean, if anything, they make the real thing look that much better in comparison. I don't really care what the average fan is wearing, I just need to know mine are the real deal.

I do know all those Chinese jerseys at the rock that have the permanent popped white collar are hilarious to look at though. You can spot those from 4 sections away. They are some of the worst fakes I've seen in person.

THE WORST.

THE WORST.

They have to know right? Like you can't wear that jersey, with an almost fully white collar that touches both ears at all times, and think it's legit. You just can't.

Edited by JoeM7392

I don't even wanna hear about how they're too expensive.
You can find a blank premiere on ebay for probably under $60 new if you search on a good day, about 10 bucks more than a knockoff.

I don't even wanna hear about how they're too expensive.

You can find a blank premiere on ebay for probably under $60 new if you search on a good day, about 10 bucks more than a knockoff.

I saw a group of people in a luxury box wearing the amazingly obvious fakes. I mean even normal seats, they can afford NHL tickets, parking, food, often times the $14 or whatever beers, but the extra $40 for a real jersey is gonna kill them?

I don't buy it. It is what it is. Ours are real, and that's all we can really control. But that's not gonna stop me from snickering when I see that collar...

Its not exclusively a money thing, people just don't care. 99% of the people are not like us, and they feel they are wearing something with the team's logo and that's good enough.

More legit jerseys for me.

Its not exclusively a money thing, people just don't care. 99% of the people are not like us, and they feel they are wearing something with the team's logo and that's good enough.

More legit jerseys for me.

This

I would consider Starter 48 to be a L/XL but the sizing isn't always consistent so ask for measurements. I also think that they're a little expensive, especially the first one. I believe a few years ago I got one for $100, but I think around 140-150 now for a Starter would be more in line. Just gotta be patient.

Both legit. Size 48 is like Large. I believe NYR Starter 48's actually run bigger. Perhaps someone can confirm or fill in.

I've been eyeing a CCM Maska Mighty Ducks replica on Ebay. Does that sound right?

We won't be able to tell you much without a link, but the Maska replicas were pretty poor quality. It's your money and time, but from where I'm sitting, they're just not worth the effort unless you're trying to complete a collection or something.

And I say that knowing that my Maska Penguins Wounded Mallard Lemieux would be the one thing I'd grab if my house was burning down (like, ahead of the family photos). It's got tremendous sentimental value, but I have absolutely no interest in adding another one to the collection.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

What was it about them that made them such poor quality? The bidding actually ended on the jersey, but just for future reference.

For one thing, the material. It may look like Ultrafil but its much lighter weight and prone to snagging. Every replica I had back in the day would ind up getting little pulls and snags, and lots of pilling, and that was just from street wear, forget about if you played in them (which of course we did).

Fortunately, as a Devils fan, I'd always be able to pick up a few on clearance sales and such (or with an employee discount when I was working in the mall) so I never worried about them.

Oddly enough the one I was looking at didn't look like Ultrafil. So what about in comparison to the Reebok Premiers? Are the CCM-Maskas better or worse?

Edit: I should mention it only says Maska on the neck tag. Was that when CCM was making them?

Edited by Kincaid521

My bad, if it was an airknit then it's better material than I mentioned. And also better than a Premier.

I will leave it to others to discuss the tagging because that's not something I know.

I can't say about the tagging, but I had one of these as a kid. It was a Ducks away too, just like this one. Not sure what ever happened to it, but yeah, they were pretty low quality. The pulls were ridiculous, and as you can see the front symbol isn't even a patch. It's just one big screen print. The fabric also doesn't breathe very well - you get VERY warm in them VERY quickly. The Reebok replicas aren't the best, but they're better than these, for sure. I think the toddler sizes are still screen printed, which makes sense for a kid, but the fabric breathes a lot better.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy another, although if it's for a child, you know they're going to ruin it anyway, so it might not be the worst idea.

It might be different from what you're mentioning because it doesn't look screenprinted to me. Sorry for all the trouble guys, I don't have any replicas from this era so I'm definitely curious.

I found the link in my watched list though, so this might be a little more helpful if you guys know anything about it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281617084087

Better than the Ultrafil replicas I was referencing. I find those better than the Premier material as well.

I'm not familiar with Mitchell & Ness NHL jerseys, so I'd like to know if you guys think this looks legit. Also, just for reference, I'm wondering how this size large would compare with, say, a Reebok Premier size large. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Los-Angeles-Kings-Wanye-Gretzky-Jersey-/221712501033?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339f184929