It is good or not?

lafountain

Ewww, is that tagging on the hem typical for those M&N jerseys? That looks really bad to me.

I have no idea if it's legit, I'm just surprised at how they didn't even attempt to make it blend in or be more subtle. Hell, somebody at some point thought one wasn't enough and decided to put another on the other side. Why?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, I clicked on the link that showed up in your post (I keep forgetting those are added in by the ad software). That was to a kid's jersey that was an exact match to mine as a kid. Hope that explains where I was going.

I have a Caps replica similar to the link you sent. The fabric still didn't breathe very well,and was prone to pilling, like was mentioned. The patch is a patch, for sure, not screen printed, but it's glued on, not sewn, so a lot of times I've seen the edges pull up, especially if there's a point or a corner. Can be glued back down, of course, but something to look out for. The fit is OK, not great, but OK. It's not bad as something to wear around the house or something, but it's not something I'd wear to games personally.

It might be different from what you're mentioning because it doesn't look screenprinted to me. Sorry for all the trouble guys, I don't have any replicas from this era so I'm definitely curious.
I found the link in my watched list though, so this might be a little more helpful if you guys know anything about it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281617084087

The jersey looks fine to my eye, but the customization is pretty bad...looks like the back numbers are screenprinted on.

• 2 weeks later...

(I don't know if I am in the good thread so feel free to move it if necessary.)

Can anyone here help with this jersey?

I know it is surely a RBK premier but I can't seem to find the exact year it was made/used (if used at all)

I can't help but notice that the NHL Shield looks nothing like the one on my other RBK premier jerseys.

Once again, sorry if it's a stupid question.
I'm still an apprentice when it comes to jerseys/sweaters.

$_27.JPG

Most Starter teams used their version of airknit (Star-knit). Some teams used nylon mesh, like Colorado, NYRangers, Pittsburgh (only on some jerseys for a short time), St. Louis, Los Angeles (vintage 3rd only). Montreal had jerseys made of a tighter knit, ultrafil-like material. Pittsburgh also used this material on some jerseys for a short time. The Penguins also had some jerseys made of Star-knit as well, so they were the only Starter team to use all 3 materials.

Edited by LAK74

Most Starter teams used their version of airknit (Star-knit). Some teams used nylon mesh, like Colorado, NYRangers, Pittsburgh (only on some jerseys for a short time), St. Louis, Los Angeles (vintage 3rd only). Montreal had jerseys made of a tighter knit, ultrafil-like material. Pittsburgh also used this material on some jerseys for a short time. The Penguins also had some jerseys made of Star-knit as well, so they were the only Starter team to use all 3 materials.

Thank you both! I was just curious as I picked up a black Coyotes jersey that has the Starter word mark next to the NHL logo. It seems to have a real thick heavy type of airknit as you mentioned. I am not too familiar with the starter authentics. Also says made in Wisconsin on the tag inside the jersey. Were all these Starters produced in the US?

Just the team-issued ones were made in the US. The retails were made (assembled) mostly in El Salvador, with a few alternates (Pittsburgh and Boston) made in Haiti in 1996-97.

Just the team-issued ones were made in the US. The retails were made (assembled) mostly in El Salvador, with a few alternates (Pittsburgh and Boston) made in Haiti in 1996-97.

Cool then! Maybe I should post this in the Deals and Steal as I picked this jersey up for under $100!

Legit Rangers TBTC replica? Had trouble pasting link. Apologies. From Ebay. Seller Vintage-Legends

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

What is the general consensus on getting work done on "vintage" CCM reissues? I.e. 1946 Black Hawks... I believe they are 550s--Waste of money?

I don't mind the 550. Next to impossible to find an origianl otherwise. Seller wants $199 for that. Maybe Sportsk will get them in they are reasonably priced.

These aren't real premier jerseys. More like fashion jerseys that resemble the actual jerseys a bit more than your typical fashion jersey. Costco was selling off these in their respective Canadian NHL cities for less than $30 each.

Edit: spelling

Edited by foppa21

Fake. Edges do not come in a 48.

These jerseys were sold at Costco for a brief period of time. I see quite a few of them around the Saddledome. Very, very weird replicas.

They aren't really replicas, they are like pretend jerseys created by someone who thought they could do better and then sold for fans who bought them for some strange reason.

For example, there were Red Wing Starter jerseys back in the 1990s that were sold which looked like this:

00454131.jpg

Even though this is not a replica. There were black jerseys that sprouted up in the 1990s for no good reason, in some cases like Chicago and Philadelphia, but even teams like Detroit were apparently flirting with the idea, even though black is not a team color, only red and white are.

They aren't really replicas, they are like pretend jerseys created by someone who thought they could do better and then sold for fans who bought them for some strange reason.

For example, there were Red Wing Starter jerseys back in the 1990s that were sold which looked like this:

Even though this is not a replica. There were black jerseys that sprouted up in the 1990s for no good reason, in some cases like Chicago and Philadelphia, but even teams like Detroit were apparently flirting with the idea, even though black is not a team color, only red and white are.

Devils had one too. I liked the look of it, been looking for one for my collection, actually.