It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jersey is a legit replica but it deserves to be in the customization laughter thread.

I think it has to do with newer members posting in this thread mostly, looking to learn by posting links to jerseys they come across.

It seems like lately some folks don't even want to try to learn fakes, they just want others here to do it for them.

It doesn't matter how many times we say that replicas aren't faked; that if it doesn't have a fight strap, has alpha sizing, and a logo on the sleeve it's a legit replica - but it doesn't seem to matter.

5d8d229686e9e3c738d1e9d1c30f7d4e842e8d74

Quick question: does the replica Team Canada jersey from the Olympic Games in Vancouver have a fight strap? Bought the jersey NWT, but unfortunately, it already had stains on the front..... :wacko: Was planning to resell the jersey, but I now have to wash it first.

It seems like lately some folks don't even want to try to learn fakes, they just want others here to do it for them.

It doesn't matter how many times we say that replicas aren't faked; that if it doesn't have a fight strap, has alpha sizing, and a logo on the sleeve it's a legit replica - but it doesn't seem to matter.

glishidiomshitthenailonthehead-vi.jpg

Agreed. I knew all of those things just from owning a handful of jerseys, before I ever found this site. I personally don't have a good eye yet for spotting fake stuff but I am working on it. If I see something and I am suspicious, I ask here, not because I want others to do it for me, but because I want to learn from those with more knowledge.

Agreed. I knew all of those things just from owning a handful of jerseys, before I ever found this site. I personally don't have a good eye yet for spotting fake stuff but I am working on it. If I see something and I am suspicious, I ask here, not because I want others to do it for me, but because I want to learn from those with more knowledge.

We were all like that at one point. That's why this place is great, because we all have something to learn. I personally remember feeling a sense of accomplishment when I really got the hang of spotting the majority of fakes - but there's still stuff to learn. I honestly still haven't gotten quick at spotting the neck tag issues (like on the CCM Vintage fakes) like others.

My point was, it seems like recently there's people that don't seem to want to learn, just have others tell them and that's unfortunate.

I hope I don't add to your annoyance here guys...(seeing previous posts)... but I have a Sens jersey I picked up and would care for feedback.

From my amateur knowledge, I know it's not an edge...but I think it is an authentic 6100, (possibly Team Issue because it is a 58 size and lacks retail tagging). And I see the little NHL crest logo on the back lower right hem.

It is an Air-Knit, 100% polyester and a little beat up but still in fairly good condition, (though I think it needs to be washed...has that "stored in a musty locker" smell to it).

I know there is a foul on it in that the player in question, Heatley, was not an alternate captain for the 2006-07 season when this jersey was last used and has the cup run logo.

I'm also wondering the material of the numbers since it seems "shiny" and quite flexible whereas a lot of current jersey's it is harder and not as flexible/bendable.

Here are the pictures. http://s777.photobucket.com/user/Wra7hofAchilles/library/Senators%20Jersey?sort=6&page=1

Not sure if this is a steal or just a nice replica as I paid only $75 for it.

Thanks again guys, and tell me if my observations are right or wrong please.

As an aside, I added a patch of the Federation from Starship Troopers as my "watermark" on some pictures. :P

It looks to be a team issued Reebok 6100 cut. The numbers are twill. In my experience the more and more a jersey is washed the more the numbers become "flexible" and shiny looking. Customization seems ok, not sure about the accuracy of Sens jerseys. I also wonder if Heater wore a size 58? But if you say he was not an alternate captain during the Sens cup run than its definitely not a gamer/game issued.

The fight strap looks weird in the picture- are the buttons flat? Maybe it's the lighting, but they look raised/rounded, which shouldn't be the case.

Pffft...Heatley would never survive the Mobile Infantry. He'd be heading down Washout Lane in no time.

Hahaha! I was considering using the patch for the 6th Mobile Infantry Division instead of the Citizens Federation patch...

Great book...and a fairly decent movie. (We shall NOT speak of the second and third movies).

The fight strap looks weird in the picture- are the buttons flat? Maybe it's the lighting, but they look raised/rounded, which shouldn't be the case.

Flat...hang on...I'll get some pictures.

EDIT :

Ok check the link again, I just added 3 pictures of the fight strap up close.

It's good.

Great book...and a fairly decent movie. (We shall NOT speak of the second and third movies).

Yeh it's funny, the movie was almost a parody of the book - but both were good in their own way. And there wasn't a second and third movies. They don't exist. :noway:

Yeh it's funny, the movie was almost a parody of the book - but both were good in their own way. And there wasn't a second and third movies. They don't exist. :noway:

Of course...I must have been speaking of a nightmare I had once...a very, very BADLY PRODUCED nightmare.

It's good.

Awesome! So I take it the only thing "off" with it is the "A" on the front. Otherwise my earlier observations were accurate. Thanks.

We were all like that at one point. That's why this place is great, because we all have something to learn. I personally remember feeling a sense of accomplishment when I really got the hang of spotting the majority of fakes - but there's still stuff to learn. I honestly still haven't gotten quick at spotting the neck tag issues (like on the CCM Vintage fakes) like others.

My point was, it seems like recently there's people that don't seem to want to learn, just have others tell them and that's unfortunate.

On the other hand, it does give us stuff to talk about.

Hey guys, did anyone catch this jersey that hit ebay a week ago?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NJ-Devils-Niedermayer-1995-Stanely-Cup-Hockey-Jersey-/271387425197?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f2ff379ad&nma=true&si=ZKO1ztTLQHy0GXhll3ZG6yXG1B4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In the listing the guy says: Bought this as a game worn and believe I've been had. The stamp on the jersey is #16 which would be Holik

However when browsing Meigray devils jerseys, I came across this Daneyko jersey that also has a stamp with a different number: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6346155&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

After doing some internet searching, I came across a post on gameworn.net about how custom crafted put out fake gamers in the early 90's.

Was wondering if you guys had any thoughts regarding this jersey or that fake gamer scandal I was referring to. It's disappointing to see fakes made with such accuracy where only excellent photo matching would be able help discern a real one from a fake one.

Hey guys, did anyone catch this jersey that hit ebay a week ago?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NJ-Devils-Niedermayer-1995-Stanely-Cup-Hockey-Jersey-/271387425197?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f2ff379ad&nma=true&si=ZKO1ztTLQHy0GXhll3ZG6yXG1B4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In the listing the guy says: Bought this as a game worn and believe I've been had. The stamp on the jersey is #16 which would be Holik

However when browsing Meigray devils jerseys, I came across this Daneyko jersey that also has a stamp with a different number: http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6346155&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

After doing some internet searching, I came across a post on gameworn.net about how custom crafted put out fake gamers in the early 90's.

Was wondering if you guys had any thoughts regarding this jersey or that fake gamer scandal I was referring to. It's disappointing to see fakes made with such accuracy where only excellent photo matching would be able help discern a real one from a fake one.

Maybe I am wrong, but it wasn't CC putting out fake gamers but it was someone making fake CC gamers. They are called CC Specials and I see them from time to time.

The one thing I know for sure from that jersey is that the SCF patch is a horrible fake:
$_35.JPG

Compare that to this photo from a gamer:

http://pics.classicauctions.net/classicauctions/auctions/63/841/source_841_83942.jpg (warning ginormous pic)