*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

22 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Lol I saw that. There’s also a rule that says knock-offs cannot be listed for over $40. Why even allow them. They’re not even worth that much. 

The Admin is a baby and I got banned for saying his rules are ridiculous and for calling him a baby.

He's just having a tantrum with these rules because he lost out on some jerseys because the seller sold it somewhere else and didn't reply to him quick enough for him.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

The Admin is a baby and I got banned for saying his rules are ridiculous and for calling him a baby.

He's just having a tantrum with these rules because he lost out on some jerseys because the seller sold it somewhere else and didn't reply to him quick enough for him.

Seems to me that the vast majority of Facebook group “owners” have that mentality. There’s a handful of normal people and a bunch of ignorami.

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah, I saw his post in the bad traders thread. Sounded like a misunderstanding to me. 

• 4 weeks later...

That thread Tiffany posted in the main game worn group touches on something I almost posted on here about a month or so ago.  The big trend I have noticed in the jersey collecting world is how Adidas refusing to sell MiC to the public has blurred the lines between authentic/replica collectors and game worn collectors.  This, in turn, has made the market for gamers really wonky.  Higher-end gamers are still high for obvious reasons, lower-end gamers are now going for higher than they should be because authentic collectors are snatching them up, and the stuff in the middle ($500-1000 range) is just getting crushed between them.

Just a really weird time.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

That thread Tiffany posted in the main game worn group touches on something I almost posted on here about a month or so ago.  The big trend I have noticed in the jersey collecting world is how Adidas refusing to sell MiC to the public has blurred the lines between authentic/replica collectors and game worn collectors.  This, in turn, has made the market for gamers really wonky.  Higher-end gamers are still high for obvious reasons, lower-end gamers are now going for higher than they should be because authentic collectors are snatching them up, and the stuff in the middle ($500-1000 range) is just getting crushed between them.

Just a really weird time.

Sorry. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Sorry. 

lol nothing to be sorry for.  It's just an observation.  If anyone is to blame, it's Adidas.

22 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

lol nothing to be sorry for.  It's just an observation.  If anyone is to blame, it's Adidas.

Yeah those three striped bastards messed it up for all of us. 

I saw that thread too. And like you said, I definitely think it has a lot to do with authentic collectors not having access to retail MIC Adidas jerseys. So, they’re doing what they can to get the jerseys they want. And they’re paying through the nose for them. 

3 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I saw that thread too. And like you said, I definitely think it has a lot to do with authentic collectors not having access to retail MIC Adidas jerseys. So, they’re doing what they can to get the jerseys they want. And they’re paying through the nose for them. 

Sorry. 😀

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's exactly why I just spent $500 CAD on a Canucks 19-20 game-issued jersey. Never hit the ice for a game, so I see no problem with stripping it. And yes, if Adidas offered them at retail I would absolutely go that route. 

Guilty as sin as well.  Recently spent north of $400 each on an Adidas Islanders and Lightning gamer because of this.  So almost $900 combined on two guys who've played 54 NHL games combined.  

13 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Wow that thread on the game worn group is getting Facebook-tough. One buddy wants to publish a list of us all and run us out of the groups LOL

Obviously not me because I don’t Facebook, but who is “us”?

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

Anyone stripping game worn/issued jerseys to re-customize. 

Oh, well that definitely IS me lol. 

I’m all for it. Strip those GIs. Do what you want. It’s your jersey. Just don’t then turn around and try to sell it as game worn for that re-customized player. That I have a problem with.  

Edited by jsh139

Most people in that discussion seem both respectful in their opinions and the fact that not everyone shares their views on the matter.. but at least one or two seem to think some of us stripping Adidas GI's (because we can't f***ing get em at retail) is going to lead to some massive jersey fraud epidemic in a few years. I must be having a rough day to have let one draw me into a goddam keyboard warrior battle on a f***ing Facebook group lol. I only have one game-worn AHL jersey so if that group wants to ban me, whatever I guess!

Edited by Van67

If you spend your hard earned money on a jersey you are free to do whatever the f'ing hell you want to do to it.  Don't let any of those gate keepers tell you what you can and can't do with something you own end of story. 

Man, you guys getting $400-500 team issued jerseys got it friggin made; especially if that’s in CAD. Starting price for Hawks jerseys is double that 

33 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Man, you guys getting $400-500 team issued jerseys got it friggin made; especially if that’s in CAD. Starting price for Hawks jerseys is double that 

I have picked up some Devils MiCs for under $200 off ebay. Definitely an advantage of being a fan of a Mickey Mouse franchise.

2 hours ago, Crash Line said:

I have picked up some Devils MiCs for under $200 off ebay. Definitely an advantage of being a fan of a Mickey Mouse franchise.

You’re only getting those AFTER someone spent too much from MeiGray and then has to sell it at a loss, though. 

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re only getting those AFTER someone spent too much from MeiGray and then has to sell it at a loss, though. 

Fair. But Meigray still sells some Devils GI MiC for $250-$300. Not the cheapest in the league but still more affordable then others.

2 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

Fair. But Meigray still sells some Devils GI MiC for $250-$300. Not the cheapest in the league but still more affordable then others.

For sure. 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

That is pretty pricey.  Only way to get them is at their convention no?...not including Facebook and eBay.