*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

On 4/7/2020 at 11:41 AM, NYIJM29 said:

MeiGray did the right thing.  I was shocked people still attended NoVA (no offense to those who attended NoVA). 

Yeah the postponement was inevitable given the current world situation.

Would be neat if it was in the fall this year.  At least it won't be warm in the room this time around.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah the postponement was inevitable given the current world situation.

Would be neat if it was in the fall this year.  At least it won't be warm in the room this time around.

You could actually wear a jersey. 

Glad they postponed it, but unfortunately there is a surplus of chicken wings now. So the chances of wing-sauced fingers getting on your jerseys skyrockets. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever had a package that the tracking says delivered however when the buyer went to grab the package from their porch/mailbox/mail pick up, it wasn't there?

How'd you settle it? I'm worried I might be in this position with someone I sold to.

46 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Has anyone ever had a package that the tracking says delivered however when the buyer went to grab the package from their porch/mailbox/mail pick up, it wasn't there?

How'd you settle it? I'm worried I might be in this position with someone I sold to.

Years ago I actually had a baseball jersey supposedly delivered to me from MLB.com that I never received.  It said it was "delivered", but it was nowhere to be found.  Different situation here because they were able to just send me another one.  I live in a very condensed area where mail and packages are misdelivered quite frequently...and sometimes stolen for that matter.  I guess it is plausible.  Do you know if the buyer has a smart doorbell or even a neighbor that has eyes on the front door?

Edited by Schlepprock32

2 minutes ago, Schlepprock32 said:

Years ago I actually had a baseball jersey supposedly delivered to me from MLB.com that I never received.  It said it was "delivered", but it was nowhere to be found.  Different situation here because they were able to just send me another one.  I live in a very condensed area where mail and packages are misdelivered quite frequently...and sometimes stolen for that matter.  I guess it is plausible.  Do you know if the buyer has a smart doorbell or even a neighbor that has eyes on the front door?

Lives in an apartment and apparently has community pick up area for the mail. Package was dropped off at 1pm today and he went down at 6pm and wasn’t there. 

He’s calling local post office/checking with building beside but not much I can do. Says delivered. 

I have had that happen with deliveries to a common area in a building, sometimes they just get lost in the office for a day or two, hopefully it’s that. 

The answer to what I do in that situation is nothing. I have no control over what happens after delivery, and it’s the one situation where eBay actually protects the seller. 

If you want someone to replace an item that is stolen after delivery, buy from a big company like Amazon that will take the loss. 

13 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Lives in an apartment and apparently has community pick up area for the mail. Package was dropped off at 1pm today and he went down at 6pm and wasn’t there. 

He’s calling local post office/checking with building beside but not much I can do. Says delivered. 

Could be possible that it accidentally landed in the hands of a neighbor in the complex.  Hopefully if that's the case, they do the right thing and give it back to the buyer.  I guess if he sees someone walking around wearing it, he'll know what happened.  Still a chance it'll turn up though.

I had a package sent to my work once and the delivery was attempted on a Saturday. The office is closed on the weekends and the tracking said it was delivered to the mailroom. We have no mailroom so I was a little concerned but then they delivered it on Monday. 

One of my neighbors works at my local post office and he says things get scanned incorrectly from time to time. I’d give it a day or two before freaking out. But, like Fitz said, if the tracking says it’s delivered, there’s really nothing further that you are responsible for. 

Thanks guys. It was actually on Facebook, not eBay. I feel bad for the guy, but I’m also out a jersey (an expensive one at that). Kind of hard for me to just refund him. 

Nope didn’t insure. Don’t think it would have matter though since it shows as delivered so Post Office could easily turn around and say “it was delivered. Not our responsibility”

2 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Nope didn’t insure. Don’t think it would have matter though since it shows as delivered so Post Office could easily turn around and say “it was delivered. Not our responsibility”

That’s what they would do. 

52 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I had a package sent to my work once and the delivery was attempted on a Saturday. The office is closed on the weekends and the tracking said it was delivered to the mailroom. We have no mailroom so I was a little concerned but then they delivered it on Monday.

I’ve had an undelivered package marked as delivered also, same deal. 

Well hopefully it’s just that then. Worst case scenario I’ll offer a bit back to him, but can’t do it all since I’m also out a jersey (and would never accuse him but for all I know he does have it). 

16 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Well hopefully it’s just that then. Worst case scenario I’ll offer a bit back to him, but can’t do it all since I’m also out a jersey (and would never accuse him but for all I know he does have it). 

Fingers crossed that it works itself out in the next few days.  When you have multiple hands in the process, there's alot that can go wrong.  I've found that often a little patience (not one of my virtues 😀) lets thing work out.  Best of luck!

So is there a reason why a lot of European collectors on FB use fake names?

At this point in my interactions over the years I would say about 75-80% that I have talked or done deals with use fake names on their profile.  I do know of NA collectors who use fake names, but not nearly at the same rate.

3 hours ago, DM67 said:

You mean you're not sure about buying from "Hockey Jersey" in Czech Republic? 

I have no problems dealing with people using fake names.  Money is money and as long as it clears and there is no issues I’m fine.

I just finding it odd/funny about how often I run into people using fake names that happen to be from Europe.  I figured it might be a cultural thing that I am unaware of.

And that guy from the Czech Republic likes to talk about buying stuff from me but never pulls the trigger.  Nothing gained and nothing lost there.

I don't trust facebook at all and use a fake name on there. Some Yank politician was moaning about Tik Tok the other day saying they send their data to China. He said to stick to safe websites like Facebook and Twitter. Yet he doesn't say what they do with the data they take from these platforms. Europeans don't trust American services.

Jersey was delivered to building beside so all is safe now. Took a whooping month to arrive from Toronto to Chicago. 

You’d think. 

Canada Post is incredibly slow right now and then IS customs sat on it for 3 weeks. I’m done shipping until COVID is done

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Jersey was delivered to building beside so all is safe now. Took a whooping month to arrive from Toronto to Chicago. 

Glad to hear.  Better late than never.

I'm also waiting on a game-worn Winnipeg Jets jersey that was shipped on the 14th from Winnipeg.  At this point I'll be happy if it gets here by Cinco de Mayo.  

37 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

You’d think. 

Canada Post is incredibly slow right now and then IS customs sat on it for 3 weeks. I’m done shipping until COVID is done

Yeah I'm in a real itch to buy something right now but I'm thinking the same way... At the very least I will be limiting myself to purchases within Canada until this s***show is over. 

47 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Yeah I'm in a real itch to buy something right now but I'm thinking the same way... At the very least I will be limiting myself to purchases within Canada until this s***show is over. 

Even still, certain plants are awful. The Mississauga plant here had a COVID outbreak. I shipped something that hasn’t moved in 2 weeks.