*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

I've got about 20-30 jerseys that need doing right now but I ran out of white thread. I had to order it online since there are no stores open that I can buy it from. This was April 6th. It shipped on Thursday and has been "in transit" ever since with no movement. I'm thinking about burning the post office down so anyone interested is welcome to come along.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Even still, certain plants are awful. The Mississauga plant here had a COVID outbreak. I shipped something that hasn’t moved in 2 weeks. 

Fair point in our huge country. I've had some online orders within BC that were normal, and I ordered the shampoo I use from Wal Mart, and that took 2-3 weeks from Ontario when I would expect 4-5 days. 

F***y times, that's for sure.

Yeah I think it’s just Mississauga and then I heard Burnaby is bad. I ordered something from Ottawa and took 2 days. So just pray your stuff doesn’t coming from the GTA. 

I sold a jersey on eBay to a buyer in Canada. I shipped it out the day after I received payment, and he received it exactly 2 weeks later. The problem is that this impatient a****** noob who doesn’t seem to understand how eBay works left me a negative feedback the day before he received it, telling me to find it for him. First off, eBay has posted all over the place that this “epidemic” is affecting all shipping. Secondly, I’m not your b****. Message me first and ask me if I actually shipped it or whatever (tracking was instantly provided). Don’t message me via a negative feedback. Third, two weeks from the USA to Canada really isn’t that unusual. It was sitting in a Canadian facility for nine days. 

Man if you wanted that positive feedback, you should have gone to the distribution centre and expedited the process. 

jokes aside, it’s the worst when people don’t understand you don’t have control over shipping/customs. At least both my buyers have understood. 

16 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Has anyone noticed a recent uptick in people in Game Worn Jersey Groups where people are trying to peddle their authentics and replicas? 

I have noticed that too. It seems to happen once every 3-6 months.  I predict it will be like that going forward.

20 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have noticed that too. It seems to happen once every 3-6 months.  I predict it will be like that going forward.

Yup. It is now almost a daily occurrence. 

2 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Yup. It is now almost a daily occurrence. 

I haven't seen quite that much lately.  But then again, with so many game worn groups now on FB, it is hard to keep track.

Am I the only one that gets irritated as F*CK at these stupid Facebook "razzes" ?  Sell the thing or don't.  I don't buy raffle tickets in real life, I'm certainly not going to buy them from you online in a format where I am only left to assume there is no fairness going on behind the scenes.  

For me I think it comes down to the fact that it comes across as price gouging, with the damage spread across 10-20 spots so that no one will complain at a chance to win an autograph or jersey or what the heck ever.  It just seems slimy.  Or maybe the majority of people I see do it are slimy so there's an unfair correlation.  I don't know.  *shrug*

Edited by blurryhaze

We banned them on Reddit and Discord. Feels way too slimy, almost like getting a 60% off code from a stranger in a hotel. 

21 minutes ago, DM67 said:

We banned them on Reddit and Discord. Feels way too slimy, almost like getting a 60% off code from a stranger in a hotel. 

But it felt soooo good in the moment...

On 4/29/2020 at 6:43 PM, blurryhaze said:

Am I the only one that gets irritated as F*CK at these stupid Facebook "razzes" ?  Sell the thing or don't.  I don't buy raffle tickets in real life, I'm certainly not going to buy them from you online in a format where I am only left to assume there is no fairness going on behind the scenes.  

For me I think it comes down to the fact that it comes across as price gouging, with the damage spread across 10-20 spots so that no one will complain at a chance to win an autograph or jersey or what the heck ever.  It just seems slimy.  Or maybe the majority of people I see do it are slimy so there's an unfair correlation.  I don't know.  *shrug*

They annoy me too - plus, they are borderline illegal (illegal lotteries).

16 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

They annoy me too - plus, they are borderline illegal (illegal lotteries).

I wondered about that when i saw a comment on one of the Pens facebook groups a while back.  "Illegal lotteries" hah.  

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s almost definitely illegal, thinking about it. 

TWSS. 

19 hours ago, 1290ArtVandelay5274 said:

I had to leave Vtg Jerseys because of it. So out of control and too overdone.

That a FB group or another forum?

So not sure where this question belongs so I am putting this here.

What is everyone seeing in terms of shipping times from both Europe and Canada?  I have packages coming from both and the one from Europe has been in US customs for 4 days now.

Sounds about right. I know Customs is super slow right now with the whole COVID thing.