*Dumb Question Alert* Re: Facebook Groups

Chazberg

43 minutes ago, Van67 said:

That's exactly it. Deal made, trigger pulled lol. 

Lol now it’s a race to see who gets theirs first. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like other's have said here if your package goes through Mississauga you're SOL.  I've had a shipment now not update since April 28.  Totally sucks but not much you can do.

6 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Lol now it’s a race to see who gets theirs first. 

Well I'm in BC and mine's not being shipped until Monday or Tuesday, so head start for you haha

As for hubs, doesn't everything coming into Canada from the US go through Mississauga? The only exception I seem to see is when packages fly to Vancouver via San Francisco, but I've even had stuff shipped from western states go up through Mississauga. 

7 hours ago, Van67 said:

Well I'm in BC and mine's not being shipped until Monday or Tuesday, so head start for you haha

As for hubs, doesn't everything coming into Canada from the US go through Mississauga? The only exception I seem to see is when packages fly to Vancouver via San Francisco, but I've even had stuff shipped from western states go up through Mississauga. 

Honestly not 100%sure. I’m located in the GTA myself, however since this quarantine period started, I’ve been in London with my GF. This will be my first international package to here. 

On 5/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, Phil the Thrill said:

Honestly not 100%sure. I’m located in the GTA myself, however since this quarantine period started, I’ve been in London with my GF. This will be my first international package to here. 

Mine went from Springfield, NJ to Newark today. Green flag down! 

30 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Mine went from Springfield, NJ to Newark today. Green flag down! 

Mines in Mississauga now. Which is surprisingly quick. Now it can sit at customs for 3 weeks. 

Still waiting on a jersey that was shipped mid March (US to Europe)..last update was March 20. I got the COA of the jersey today, because it was shipped separately. 

Read somewhere that USPS ships by boat, which explains a lot. 

17 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Still waiting on a jersey that was shipped mid March (US to Europe)..last update was March 20. I got the COA of the jersey today, because it was shipped separately. 

Read somewhere that USPS ships by boat, which explains a lot. 

By boat?  Where did you hear that?  Priority and first class certainly go by air.  Maybe there's a lower tier than first class that goes by sea, but I'm not aware of it.  

So my package from Canada that was supposed to be delivered yesterday wasn't.  Didn't think so.

Good news is that progress was made and it is now in the US.

24 minutes ago, furiousd said:

By boat?  Where did you hear that?  Priority and first class certainly go by air.  Maybe there's a lower tier than first class that goes by sea, but I'm not aware of it.  

There’s an air to sea diversion currently in place for some European countries. I assume it’s still in effect.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/second-air-to-sea-diversion-in-effect.pdf

28 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

There’s an air to sea diversion currently in place for some European countries. I assume it’s still in effect.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/second-air-to-sea-diversion-in-effect.pdf

My package was last updated in Chicago and destination is the Netherlands, so I'm hoping it's on this boat :)

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

So my package from Canada that was supposed to be delivered yesterday wasn't.  Didn't think so.

Good news is that progress was made and it is now in the US.

I have a package from Canada that has been sitting in customs at JFK for a week. Not bad considering but frustrating since it is so close. Has been 2 weeks total since shipment.

3 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Usually just says “item has arrived in Canada and been sent for further processing”

That was the status 2 minutes before where it's at now.

4 hours ago, Van67 said:

Item has been presented to CBSA for customs review. Anyone had that tracking status before?

😦 that sounds like they’re opening it up. But I dunno. Haven’t shipped a package to Canada in a while. 

25 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

😦 that sounds like they’re opening it up. But I dunno. Haven’t shipped a package to Canada in a while. 

It's weird for sure. Though I did put the status into a google search and there's a lot of people saying they had this status and they ended up getting their item without duty or taxes. So who the f*** knows lol.

Edited by Van67

Now it's "International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post". Tracking doesn't say I owe any money, so it feels like I'm in the clear lol.

10 hours ago, Van67 said:

Now it's "International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post". Tracking doesn't say I owe any money, so it feels like I'm in the clear lol.

That's a good sign!

Yep. Mine has been stuck at sent for further processing since Monday night. And my expectation is It'll be like for 2 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

Me: looking for jersey X

Other collector: I have jersey X

Me: How much?

Other collector: Weeeeelll, not looking to sell, but make me an offer I can't refuse. Here's a picture of jersey Y.

Me: ....