It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

I once had a Japanese fighting fish named Steve Sullivan, because I decided to name it after the first Devil who scored in the game the night I got it. 

Guy had a pretty good career for someone that casual gas have absolutely never heard of. Also, this incident was amazing. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qye101BNhWE

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I once had a Japanese fighting fish named Steve Sullivan, because I decided to name it after the first Devil who scored in the game the night I got it. 

Guy had a pretty good career for someone that casual gas have absolutely never heard of. Also, this incident was amazing. 

He was quite good on an otherwise not so good early 2000's Chicago team.  He lead the team twice in points (00-01 and 02-03).  He also had a pretty good career in Nashville as well despite the injury issues.

In NJ he is mostly known as the main piece in NJ's trade with Toronto for Gilmour.

Nice Sullivan! Very underrated/under appreciated player.  That incident Fitz posted is priceless, will never forget the player because of that.

So this does not fit in with the slimming down of my collection, but... couldn't pass up a deal. Who does the best customization of Wild Wing jerseys nowadays? Anyone have any better photos of when they wore these for warmups? I'll likely go with Getzlaf since I can't think of any other Ducks players that are worth anything

DSCF3360-vi.jpg

I've only ever had Keener do Wildwing kits for me and they were great, but I'm sure you'd sooner keep the jersey in the US for custom. EPS has gotta be a good option too, you'd think.  And I don't think the kits need a nameplate so should be pretty standard for them.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, mdwsta4 said:

So this does not fit in with the slimming down of my collection, but... couldn't pass up a deal. Who does the best customization of Wild Wing jerseys nowadays? Anyone have any better photos of when they wore these for warmups? I'll likely go with Getzlaf since I can't think of any other Ducks players that are worth anything

NSJ did an amazing job on mine, but it seems he's been MIA lately.

1995-96 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Paul Kariya

1995-96 Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Paul Kariya

13 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Who is NSJ? Does anyone know if there were any differences between the original WW and the 25th anniversary version I have? 

4 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Who is NSJ? Does anyone know if there were any differences between the original WW and the 25th anniversary version I have? 

Sorry, that's North Star Jerseys in Calgary. No idea if there are differences, I haven't seen any of the anniversary jerseys up close yet.

18 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

I finally got an email response late last week. He's working. It appears like he's been absolutely slammed with business over the last few months. Alberta is also Canada's covid-central these days, so I imagine that might affect some timelines as well.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:51 PM, mfitz804 said:

Ha! That clip is famous. I remember that. 

3 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Sorry, that's North Star Jerseys in Calgary. No idea if there are differences, I haven't seen any of the anniversary jerseys up close yet.

Ah, gotcha, thanks. Was hoping there might be someone stateside to cut down on shipping costs

Little Canucks action here...

96-97 NWT in Bure's size 54

50724458712_cb9575bf04_o.jpg

50723636023_7a308820e4_o.jpg

And a Black Skate one gamer from 2016 from the Jersey Baron.  Size 56 NWT.

50723635778_cac344ec14_o.jpg

^Solid couple of pick ups there - big fan of those Skate throwbacks.

Surprised I was able to add this one - Tyler Bozak game used Blues 90s Retro Throwback. When these went up for auction it was pretty much Bozak or bust for me. Jersey obviously has light wear as it was a one game wonder, however I think there might be some loose threads I could get lucky with a match on.

50727201646_c7f955b0b8.jpg

50726469258_11ed96c358.jpg

Pretty solid year for knocking stuff off on the want list.

But it's not goalie cut, what gives??! ;)

Very nice pickup on the Bozak.  Throwbacks on the MIC template are generally a win.

4 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Surprised I was able to add this one - Tyler Bozak game used Blues 90s Retro Throwback. When these went up for auction it was pretty much Bozak or bust for me. Jersey obviously has light wear as it was a one game wonder, however I think there might be some loose threads I could get lucky with a match on.

Nice one! Didn't really know Bozak before he joined the Blues, but I enjoy having him on the team. Nice guy and decent player.

So this is going to be pretty niche, but it's something I've been hunting for a while.  I happened to be at this game last Dec with my team from work (that may or may not be the company that auctioned the jerseys) & with the added bonus of the proceeds going to the Sports Matter foundation to support underfunded youth sports teams across the US, I'm extremely pumped to land this.  Obviously Murray is gone now, but this was a great grab for the price, auto & all.  I'm not into gamers usually, but I'll make an exception for this one.  Being a size 46 usually....LOL when I put this thing on. 🤣

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSKFihv

2019-20_Murray - Sports Matter_012019-20_Murray - Sports Matter_022019-20_Murray - Sports Matter_04

16 hours ago, perthisthereason said:

Nice one! Didn't really know Bozak before he joined the Blues, but I enjoy having him on the team. Nice guy and decent player.

He's far from being a foundational piece, but he was definitely a fan favourite during his time in Toronto. The good old days when our first line was Kessel-Bozak-Lupul.

10 hours ago, tbart said:

JJM4, that Bure is a hell of a pickup!

Thank you! I'm a very proud new owner!!

Nitty Christmas to me! 2008-09 Antero Niittymaki, black set 1. Not too much ware as he was backup more than starter, but I was able to match it quite easily :) 

2008-09 Game Worn Antero Niittymaki, Black set 1

2008-09 Game Worn Antero Niittymaki, Black set 1 (Back)

2008-09_Flyers_Niittymaki_04

antero-niittymaki-of-the-philadelphia-fl

Awesome Nitty Josh!  Was always a fan of his...

On 12/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, PensJerseys said:

So this is going to be pretty niche, but it's something I've been hunting for a while.  I happened to be at this game last Dec with my team from work (that may or may not be the company that auctioned the jerseys) & with the added bonus of the proceeds going to the Sports Matter foundation to support underfunded youth sports teams across the US, I'm extremely pumped to land this.  Obviously Murray is gone now, but this was a great grab for the price, auto & all.  I'm not into gamers usually, but I'll make an exception for this one.  Being a size 46 usually....LOL when I put this thing on. 🤣

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmSKFihv

Goalie approved. 👍

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Nitty Christmas to me! 2008-09 Antero Niittymaki, black set 1. Not too much ware as he was backup more than starter, but I was able to match it quite easily :) 

2008-09 Game Worn Antero Niittymaki, Black set 1

2008-09 Game Worn Antero Niittymaki, Black set 1 (Back)

2008-09_Flyers_Niittymaki_04

antero-niittymaki-of-the-philadelphia-fl

Nice photo match to that one!

MORE GOALIE!!!