It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure why everyone says Nike run so big. I have had a couple 2002 Olympic jerseys and a 56 fit exactly like a CCM 56. Possible this is just a phenomenon seen in the smaller sizes?

My Nike 52 fits way bigger than my CCM 52’s from the early 90’s. Especially around the neck. Consider players regularly wore Nike 52’s which would put it at the equivalent of a 56 in today’s sizing. I prefer 50/52 in modern cuts 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/19/2020 at 10:01 PM, LetsGoCaps said:

Sweet Gulls jersey.

I just glanced at the Hockeydb list of players from their 1994-95 season, and there are some interesting names in there. (I like the Denny Lambert line of 25g - 35a - 222pm.  Old time hockey).

I've got a Minnesota Moose Dave Christian with the IHL 50th patch.

Nice.

Yeah old time hockey for sure with that Lambert stat line.  I can't get enough of these old IHL jerseys, the Bauer ultrafils are unreal.  The designs are cool and I've been made aware that a number of the teams did puffy crests too.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Yeah old time hockey for sure with that Lambert stat line.  I can't get enough of these old IHL jerseys, the Bauer ultrafils are unreal.  The designs are cool and I've been made aware that a number of the teams did puffy crests too.

Actually I was just, today, admiring a nice puffy crest of an IHL Grand Rapids Griffins (Ivan Ciernik) jersey I have.

Super nice.

Thrilled to finish this one up.  1998-99 Jagr Starter mesh jersey, autographed.  Kit by @TMLFAN

Wasn't until I got the back numbers on that I realized I put the nameplate on slightly crooked.  Have to fix that here some day... 🙃

1998-99_Home - Jagr_011998-99_Home - Jagr_021998-99_Home - Jagr_04

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQUz74d

Edited by PensJerseys

21 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Actually I was just, today, admiring a nice puffy crest of an IHL Grand Rapids Griffins (Ivan Ciernik) jersey I have.

Super nice.

Haha, awesome!

I've got an inaugural Griffins coming this week should be posting here soon.

Is yours a gamer?  Pics?

Sweet Jags, @PensJerseys

Edited by JJM4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

Haha, awesome!

I've got an inaugural Griffins coming this week should be posting here soon.

Is yours a gamer?  Pics?

Sweet Jags, @PensJerseys

Not a gamer, just an authentic.  EPS did the customization, with the heat-pressed vinal middle layer of the 3-layer letters and numbers.

1 hour ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Not a gamer, just an authentic.  EPS did the customization, with the heat-pressed vinal middle layer of the 3-layer letters and numbers.

Nice, gotta love how elaborate these Griffins jerseys were with the puffy crest and the vinyl layer. 

DSC_0179DSC_0177

New arrival from MeiGray. 2019-2020 Set 3 Gus Nyquist game worn jersey. This jersey was worn during the Qualifying Round vs Toronto and the First Round playoff series vs Tampa including the 5 OT game.

IMG_2019-X2.jpg

IMG_2024-X2.jpg

Just got this one in. Inaugural Griffins 96-97 Size 52. Not sure how I feel about the colour combo, but the kit is awesome with the vinyl middle layer and the crest is puffy.

50392007806_0c4665569e_o.jpg

50392007416_51b7384589_o.jpg

50392183897_b05d785bb6_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Nothing fancy.  Had a jersey lying around, had a kit lying around, put them together and here we are.

50381220391_15d7801169_b.jpg50381395047_f1655d83da_b.jpg

I’ve probably had that Cujo jersey and it’s blue counterpart at least seven times, and every time I sold it, I regretted it. 

4 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Just got this one in. Inaugural Griffins 96-97 Size 52. Not sure how I feel about the colour combo, but the kit is awesome with the vinyl middle layer and the crest is puffy.

50392007806_0c4665569e_o.jpg

50392007416_51b7384589_o.jpg

50392183897_b05d785bb6_o.jpg

As discussed...........super sweet!

36 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

As discussed...........super sweet!

Thank you, IHL are becoming some of my favourite jerseys.

11 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

I’ve probably had that Cujo jersey and it’s blue counterpart at least seven times, and every time I sold it, I regretted it. 

Want it?

16 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Looks too small, like it won’t fit a Biggoalie. 

Definitely won't fit a biggoalie.  Probably not even a littlegoalie.

Blake Coleman 2018-19 white set 1.  Played 15 games in this jersey and scored 5 goals and 4 assists while wearing it.  Photomatched several times but especially so to the black mark above the crest to a game on 12/10/18 in SJ.  Also a brand new Stanley Cup champion I must add as well.

50397910178_c5c6c4ab16_c.jpg

50398602451_3cc73650e2_c.jpg

Very nice jersey, probably had turned into my favorite player on the team, which of course means he was traded forthwith. 

Would love to have him back, but he’s probably going to do the “play for Dallas because it’s near my hometown” BS. 

eBay steal here (s/o to someone else for tipping me off). Stars MIC Winter Classic GC.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jPvuB3][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50420744152_a801a607b0_z.jpg[/img][/url]

Edit - https://www.flickr.com/photos/138645305@N02/50420744152/in/dateposted-public/

I can't figure out how to post images apparently.

Edited by Phil the Thrill

3 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

eBay steal here (s/o to someone else for tipping me off). Stars MIC Winter Classic GC.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jPvuB3][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50420744152_a801a607b0_z.jpg[/img][/url]

Edit - https://www.flickr.com/photos/138645305@N02/50420744152/in/dateposted-public/

I can't figure out how to post images apparently.

Dam, nicely done. Well I'm sure you paid a lot less than I did for my Dobby back up worn from the WC, so good on ya!  Dobby or Bishop? And where were you planning to get it kitted?  I don't even know for sure, but did Blake's do the WC jerseys for them?

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Dam, nicely done. Well I'm sure you paid a lot less than I did for my Dobby back up worn from the WC, so good on ya!  Dobby or Bishop? And where were you planning to get it kitted?  I don't even know for sure, but did Blake's do the WC jerseys for them?

Definitely going Benny. I've always been a fan of his (even while he was with the Senators, I thought he was a terrific goalie).

I have no idea yet how I'm going to get a kit for this. I thought I had heard Blake's did, but aren't they kind of sketchy to order from?

4 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Definitely going Benny. I've always been a fan of his (even while he was with the Senators, I thought he was a terrific goalie).

I have no idea yet how I'm going to get a kit for this. I thought I had heard Blake's did, but aren't they kind of sketchy to order from?

That’ll be a nice one all done up. Yeah I think the problem Blake’s is their whole process is dated. Like you have to phone them about the order and pay by cheque. I’m actually going to phone them today so I can let you know about the process and ask about the kit for your jersey. I’ll pm you later.

9 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

That’ll be a nice one all done up. Yeah I think the problem Blake’s is their whole process is dated. Like you have to phone them about the order and pay by cheque. I’m actually going to phone them today so I can let you know about the process and ask about the kit for your jersey. I’ll pm you later.

That’d be a huge help - thanks. 

next problem for this - getting a nameplate. I doubt Blake’s will have extra

Recently made a trip back home to Detroit and finally got some patches put on by the fine folks at Detroit Athletic Co. to round out my collection of Detroit Red Wings non home / away jerseys.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmRetK94https://flic.kr/s/aHsmRetK94

1992 - TBTC - East Side CCM Maska Ultrafill Authentic - no changes

2009 - Winter Classic - Reebok Retail Premier Replica - Added NHL patch on collar

2014 - Winter Classic - Reebok Retail Premier Replica - Added WC patch on shoulder and Captains patch on sleeve

2016 Stadium Series - Reebok Retail Premier Replica - Added SS patch on shoulder and Alt Capt patch on chest

Newish to the hobby. All around I enjoy this small collection and wear them all from time to time in the Winter, but would love some feedback on these .

92 TBTC I bought on ebay years and years ago. My concern was the Captains patch seemed to be slightly misplaced, but it at least did not have the 'sarif" stroke on the C like others I've seen. Name, numbers, CCM/Shield and 75th patch seemed correct.

I finally pulled the trigger on the 09-WC 5+ years after the game after wading through site after site of knock offs. It seemed replicas did not have the NHL shield on the collar. Players names and numbers have been all over the place on these and I'm not sure why. I don't love the placement of the number, but it took a long while to find proper lettering without a name plate. (In the price range I made for myself at the time.)

I bought the other 2 outdoor game jerseys/sweaters a year or two after each game when they were still in stock at local retail shops.

For the 14-WC I remember the shops had quite a variety... some had WC patches. Some had C/A patches. There was a mix of twill/felt numbers. I believe they all (replicas) had nameplates. 

I believe 16 SS replicas had nameplates as did regular home/away Detroit replicas by then. SS and C/A patch also seemed to be on some and not others in retail shops.

image.png

Edited by Schultzie91