It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got this in late last week: Kyle Palmieri 2018-19 white set 1.  Kyle wore this for 15 games and scored 7 goals and 4 assists while wearing this.  Photomatched it go several games and has evidence of the alternate captain's A being removed.

50626429772_f9811fa38e_c.jpg

50626331926_041f2b6741_c.jpg

Great jersey of a great Devil. Still surprises me that I like the white version of the current style better than the red, which has not been the case with any of the previous jerseysZ 

Thanks!  Yeah he has been a solid Devils for sure.  It just sucks that he will likely go down as being one of the better players during a bad time in Devils history.

Speaking of people who played for the Devils while they sucked goat Arse, my desire for a current style white goalie cut has led me to cross over to the dark side 2018-19 Set 2 Keith Kinkaid game worn. His final road jersey with the team, he saw action in 8 games, one win, pulled from two that they came back to win, lost the rest, one in a shootout.

Reasonably clean for a goalie jersey because he wasn’t stopping many pucks at that time, but I believe I found a photomatch, albeit not a definitive one, to 2/15/19, his last game. See the mark beneath the right sleeve number. 

In any event, price was right, so unless and until I find something else, this one is in my collection. 

50642329042_a766246c17_b.jpg

50641493833_e5c3947130_b.jpg

50642328697_82af3c007b_w.jpg

Nice and that is indeed a match!  Found a couple more pics from that game that is a match

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Speaking of people who played for the Devils while they sucked goat Arse, my desire for a current style white goalie cut has led me to cross over to the dark side 2018-19 Set 2 Keith Kinkaid game worn. His final road jersey with the team, he saw action in 8 games, one win, pulled from two that they came back to win, lost the rest, one in a shootout.

Reasonably clean for a goalie jersey because he wasn’t stopping many pucks at that time, but I believe I found a photomatch, albeit not a definitive one, to 2/15/19, his last game. See the mark beneath the right sleeve number. 

In any event, price was right, so unless and until I find something else, this one is in my collection. 

50642329042_a766246c17_b.jpg

50641493833_e5c3947130_b.jpg

50642328697_82af3c007b_w.jpg

Keith is a local boy here on Lawnguyland. He actually plays forward in one of my rec. leagues when he’s home. As such, I’ve wanted to add some of his gamers to my collection, so...you know...when that time comes...

2 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Keith is a local boy here on Lawnguyland. He actually plays forward in one of my rec. leagues when he’s home. As such, I’ve wanted to add some of his gamers to my collection, so...you know...when that time comes...

...I’ll remember to add the Butthole Premium to your special price. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

...I’ll remember to add the Butthole Premium to your special price. 

Still better than being a premium butthead. 

On 11/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, thebiggoalie said:

Still better than being a premium butthead. 

😂😂😂  i do believe that is the coupon code for 50% off....

I've seen a few guys do up a cross over / concept jersey from a MIC Adidas practice jersey 

How hard is it to remove one of these crests? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133586093364?ViewItem=&item=133586093364

I would normally post this in the "How to" section but the ones I've seen posted were in this thread and I want to get the attention of those that have done it or know someone that has done it. 

Thanks 

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've seen a few guys do up a cross over / concept jersey from a MIC Adidas practice jersey 

I would normally post this in the "How to" section but the ones I've seen posted were in this thread and I want to get the attention of those that have done it or know someone that has done it. 

Thanks 

I have never did one but was considering it. From what I understand the Indos do not strip easily but the MiC practice jerseys do. By all accounts spraying the back of the crest with acetone, the crest removes pretty quickly. Then you can just wipe the residue with a towel and acetone.

8 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Thanks 

I tried on 3 different jerseys and none of them came clean. Shipped them off to people in Canada who cleaned them up without much issue. I blame it on the less than toxic acetone that's available for sale in CA vs every other state/country

I've been steadily whittling down my collection and changing some things up as I've gone along. It's actually been pretty fun. This fits in my 'Chicagoan in Los Angeles' theme. 1993 centennial patch Granato. mmm.... ultrafil

DSCF3248-vi.jpg

DSCF3249-vi.jpg

Edited by mdwsta4

Nice looking jersey, just nice to see a post in here!  How much of a downsize are you going through?

For me I've gone the other way.  A year or 2 ago I was at 40 jerseys and now have doubled that with only plans to add more.

I got a batch of patches in this week and added them to these two gems.  Really like what the patch adds especially to the white jersey...

50672709963_19a45d58ee_o.jpg

50672709478_e7cc79a5bd_o.jpg

10 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Nice looking jersey, just nice to see a post in here!  How much of a downsize are you going through?

For me I've gone the other way.  A year or 2 ago I was at 40 jerseys and now have doubled that with only plans to add more.

Thanks! I'm trying to get to around 20-24. Down from well over 100

16 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I blame it on the less than toxic acetone that's available for sale in CA vs every other state/country

How is the acetone in CA less toxic than other acetones?  Is it diluted or denatured somehow? I haven't had the cleanest results with glue residue left by patches in the past.  I just thought it was my technique, or there was too much residue leftover to get it all off.  I'm going to be ticked off if it was because the acetone I bought at the San Jose Home Depot was less effective.

This one came in a month ago, my third Daniel Sprong gamer. This one was sold as game issued/game worn, but photomatching was easy :)

20201103_134855

20201103_134924

Edited by amonte78

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thanks! I'm trying to get to around 20-24. Down from well over 100

Honestly selling and reshaping/refocusing your collection can be as much fun as the all out buying sprees.  You're thinking 20-24... to me that sounds like you need to go with a nice round top 25! ;)

35 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

How is the acetone in CA less toxic than other acetones?  Is it diluted or denatured somehow? I haven't had the cleanest results with glue residue left by patches in the past.  I just thought it was my technique, or there was too much residue leftover to get it all off.  I'm going to be ticked off if it was because the acetone I bought at the San Jose Home Depot was less effective.

I really dont use pure acetone anymore because it took a while to get decent results. The guys over on Reddit turned me onto VLR. This stuff is great and works quickly. 

https://www.amazon.com/VLR-1020-T-shirt-vinyl-remover/dp/B01N102AHQ

1 hour ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

No clue. There's stuff that can't be sold here due to state laws. I plan on driving into Vegas at some point and picking up some MEK to strip future projects

35 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Cant use the Indo garbage, must be MIC!!

Agreed

30 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Honestly selling and reshaping/refocusing your collection can be as much fun as the all out buying sprees.  You're thinking 20-24... to me that sounds like you need to go with a nice round top 25! ;)

Totally! At first it was kind of hard to sell a few pieces, but now that I've gotten their replacements, I enjoy how much more eclectic (player-wise) my collection has become. If I can sell the four jerseys currently in the Trading Post, I'll be down to 24 hockey jerseys of 13 different players. My 'core' collection before might have had 7 different players out of double the jerseys

Edited by mdwsta4