It arrived today v. 8.0

Brilliant!

13 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I got a batch of patches in this week and added them to these two gems.  Really like what the patch adds especially to the white jersey...

50672709963_19a45d58ee_o.jpg

50672709478_e7cc79a5bd_o.jpg

Love the minors with patches.  Nice lookin' jerseys.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Crash Line said:

I have never did one but was considering it. From what I understand the Indos do not strip easily but the MiC practice jerseys do. By all accounts spraying the back of the crest with acetone, the crest removes pretty quickly. Then you can just wipe the residue with a towel and acetone.

Thank you for the tips 

19 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I tried on 3 different jerseys and none of them came clean. Shipped them off to people in Canada who cleaned them up without much issue. I blame it on the less than toxic acetone that's available for sale in CA vs every other state/country

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Crash Line said:

I really dont use pure acetone anymore because it took a while to get decent results. The guys over on Reddit turned me onto VLR. This stuff is great and works quickly. 

https://www.amazon.com/VLR-1020-T-shirt-vinyl-remover/dp/B01N102AHQ

Awesome! 
I just bought 4 bottles :)

One way or the other I will get it cleaned off. 
So glad to see some posts again. 

9 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Love the minors with patches.  Nice lookin' jerseys.

Thanks!  Exactly, not only are the minors designs cool but the sponsor patches are a nice touch.

11 hours ago, Crash Line said:

I really dont use pure acetone anymore because it took a while to get decent results. The guys over on Reddit turned me onto VLR. This stuff is great and works quickly. 

I’d love to see some hockey examples from people here because all of the photos posted for this product look like garbage 

8 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

I’d love to see some hockey examples from people here because all of the photos posted for this product look like garbage 

Here is one I recently documented. I use it on the backside of the kit to release the nameplate and numbers. Then on a white rag to remove the excess residue. 

It will destroy autographs and vinyl.

50681531408_cc87105f26_b.jpg

50681531388_d0bb7af5d7_b.jpg

50682366112_93c7c18ed8_b.jpg

Edited by Crash Line

On 12/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Crash Line said:

I have never did one but was considering it. From what I understand the Indos do not strip easily but the MiC practice jerseys do. By all accounts spraying the back of the crest with acetone, the crest removes pretty quickly. Then you can just wipe the residue with a towel and acetone.

This would be 100% correct. Takes about 5 minutes to remove, then scrub the residue off for about another 5 mins, then into the wash, then hang to dry, and use a handheld steamer on it to help loosen the fibres and it will come even cleaner. Just be wary of what you are wanting to do with it, there will be some remaining scorching from the crest being pressed that doesn’t come off, so ensure what ever crest you’ll be putting on it, especially if it’s a black or navy blue jersey, covers where the crest was. I’ve done 30-40 of them, and haven’t had any that I wasn’t able to get to the point where I wasn’t able to use it. Hope that helps!!

22 hours ago, Crash Line said:

You don’t want to use VLR to remove the crest on the practice jerseys though. You’d only want to use acetone, the VLR will

make a major mess of the crest, but once you have the crest removed, you can use the VLR to get rid of any challenging residue, but it isn’t necessary for this exact project. 

5 hours ago, KB67 said:

You don’t want to use VLR to remove the crest on the practice jerseys though. You’d only want to use acetone, the VLR will

make a major mess of the crest, but once you have the crest removed, you can use the VLR to get rid of any challenging residue, but it isn’t necessary for this exact project. 

Awesome tips KB 
Thank you 

13 hours ago, Crash Line said:

It will destroy autographs and vinyl.

Which would be better for removing autographs do you think?  The VLR or the Amodex process outlined by Spudrock512 in the "How to" section?

Just got a couple jerseys back from EPS. Sent them in early August.

Lemieux Big Block Airknit with '95 SCF patch

50692578542_058db90e15.jpg50692578487_78a80bc41f.jpg

'91-'92 Stevens size 44. My wife asked me why she couldn't have a cool jersey like mine so this will be an xmas gift for her.

50692578357_06be25784b.jpg50692498946_ef5c89477b.jpg

This one needs to be sent out. Got the patches all ready. Will do in the new year.

50660764818_d96209969e.jpg

This one wasn't from EPS. 1982-1983 Sandow SK Mesh. Really excited to add this one. Condition is amazing. As retro as you can get for the Devils.

50692499016_258e6fcd73.jpg50691753478_a5ee77ab12.jpg

I continue to slim down my collection and as such, I got rid of a few to make room for a couple of special jerseys. About a decade ago I stupidly sold a CCM small block pinhead Hawks jersey (for like $150 iirc) and have been on the hunt for another ever since. Finally found one. Unfortunately it, like the one I sold, is too small for me to wear comfortably, but will be excellent future girlfriend jersey. Can't wait to show off the finished product, but for now this'll have to do

DSCF3277-vi.jpg

The other's probably more obvious, but this is the teaser I'll leave you with

8BAAFB4BE344B4A81BF4CC6DD06185-vi.jpg

6 hours ago, Crash Line said:

'91-'92 Stevens size 44. My wife asked me why she couldn't have a cool jersey like mine so this will be an xmas gift for her.

50692498946_ef5c89477b.jpg

This one needs to be sent out. Got the patches all ready. Will do in the new year.

The wife and that 1991-92 red are keepers! 
Nice stuff 

3 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

DSCF3277-vi.jpg

The 2017-19 Hawks jerseys are the new era pinheads, 
Both ugly but also must haves for any self respecting Hawks fan :)

7 hours ago, Crash Line said:

Just got a couple jerseys back from EPS. Sent them in early August.

Lemieux Big Block Airknit with '95 SCF patch

50692578542_058db90e15.jpg50692578487_78a80bc41f.jpg

50692578357_06be25784b.jpg50692498946_ef5c89477b.jpg

This one wasn't from EPS. 1982-1983 Sandow SK Mesh. Really excited to add this one. Condition is amazing. As retro as you can get for the Devils.

50692499016_258e6fcd73.jpg50691753478_a5ee77ab12.jpg

Tremendous additions there. Can’t figure out which one I like the most. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Tremendous additions there. Can’t figure out which one I like the most. 

As an outside observer, that Broten is beautiful.

Thanks everyone. Glad they are appreciated. Hard to say which one I like the best too. Probably the Sandow since I have never owned one before. Really unexpected find.

5 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Enjoy the Broten ;) 

Really appreciate you letting it go. Great jersey and a great seller!

Nothing too exciting, but I did add a couple to my Zarley Zalapski Collection:

1995-96 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Away Jersey Size 52

1995-96 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Away Jersey Front1995-96 Zarley Zalapski Calgary Flames Authentic Away Jersey Back

1998-99 Zarley Zalapski New York Rangers Authentic Home Team Issued Preseason Jersey Size 54-R with proper heat pressed nameplate the Ranges use for the preseason

1998-99 Zarley Zalapski New York Rangers Authentic Home Preseason Jersey Front1998-99 Zarley Zalapski New York Rangers Authentic Home Preseason Jersey Back

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

1998-99 Zarley Zalapski New York Rangers Authentic Home Team Issued Preseason Jersey Size 54-R with proper heat pressed nameplate the Ranges use for the preseason

1998-99 Zarley Zalapski New York Rangers Authentic Home Preseason Jersey Back

Awesome! How did you locate what number he wore with the Rangers? I remember you having trouble identifying it.

Edited by Crash Line

Glad you found a couple Zalapski's!

The pedestal Flames is an underrated jersey, great looking kit on that one.

46 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

Awesome! How did you locate what number he wore with the Rangers? I remember you having trouble identifying it.

I guessed. It would make the most sense. #3 was available at the start of the season and #33 was used by Marc Savard. Those were the only numbers he had used at that point of his NHL career. I might be wrong, but I have been looking for over a year now with no luck, so if someone can prove it to be wrong, I can always change it.

Now I need to figure out the number he wore for the Lightning in the 1999-2000 season in which he had a professional tryout from 9/2/99 - 9/13/99. I have the jerseys, just need to know what to customize it with. It gets a little confusing because #3 was Gusev, #33 was Modin. He wore #24 with the Flyers later in the year and that was used by Reid Simpson.  I have no clue what it would be.

Edited by spudrock512

5 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Glad you found a couple Zalapski's!

The pedestal Flames is an underrated jersey, great looking kit on that one.

I have been trying to work out a deal for a game used of his in the same style, but for the time being...it will do.

Steve Sullivan 2012-13 white set 2 game worn jersey.  Sullivan wore two white set 2's that season.  The first one was worn in the first away game and is a size 54.  The second one was worn in the other 3 away games including his last NHL game and is a size 52.  This is the size 52.  Being that it was worn in 3 games it has light wear with just a mark on the left cuff and a few loose threads.

50700225497_2f987dce7c_c.jpg

50700142971_e04c4683cf_c.jpg