The only thing is, I'm getting it from the US, so thought I could just ship to EPS directly. That, plus I have 9 other jerseys (hockey and baseball) going there, and there's a discount if I do 10.

Your comment about the mistakes at EPS worries me though. I thought they were the best place to send them to, especially if nameplates are needed. I thought that's why they took so long, are a bit more expenseive, etc. because they do it right. That's why I decided to not go local...Toronto.

Is this manageable? i.e. If I'm very specific, send lots of photos, etc. will they do a perfect job? or should I have everything sent back to me.

The only thing I've had come back perfect from EPS is a Caps jersey since they do the team jerseys. Some examples of errors I've gotten are;

2010 team canada olympic jersey - shoulder numbers were off and nameplate wasn't swift material, close to swift but not the same

07-10 Maple Leafs jersey - numbers were reverse cut (should be stacked) and nameplate wasn't edge material, again it was close to edge material but

not the same

94 western all star jersey - font on the name is a little off

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPS is extremely slow, and not because they take their time to do things right, but mainly because we take a back seat to their larger team orders, and, of course -

FOOTBALL!!!

2588094740105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

This is from March of this year, after I'd been waiting a few months for 2 jersey to come back (I was enquiring on an ETA), this was my response (from Josh), and I quote -

"You sent these orders at our busiest time of year. If you want a better turn we are usually slower from the end of February until August. However, that is not a guarantee, I am constantly trying to gain more business. Long story short, I like doing these “oddball” jerseys, but there is no way to support a business on them and there is no way to make them go through production quickly. The owner or I have to do all specialty jerseys ourselves, therefore we work on them as we can. In order to support a domestic manufacturing facility located in the 1st world I have to take on larger accounts to keep the doors open, and sometimes they send massive volumes of work that “bury” me. I will be happy to continue working on your specialty items, but I will never be able to turn them quickly."

So basically, we, the collectors who send in custom jobs, often only a few at a time, take a back seat to larger/simpler orders (as would be expected). Josh is great to deal with (IMO), and I can't speak for others who've had bad experiences there, but so far EPS has saved a few jerseys for me, and they've also properly customized some rareties of mine...it just takes a lot of patience.

EPS did almost my entire collection, Ive never had an issue. And it really doenst take that long. From the day I mail it out until the day I get it back its running about 35 days.

I noticed you got your Preds back from them really quick. I've been waiting 12 weeks on an order and still haven't got it back yet. Sigh.

That sucks, Id imagine it must be something hard to do? Most stuff I send is pretty run of the mill. I mailed 2 other orders in the past 2 weeks as well, I will keep you updated on turnaround time. As long as you tell them what you want it isnt a problem. Just write a note or whatever and stick it in the package with pics. I have an old LA Kings jersey going out and some of the letter fonts are midly more difficult than they seem, it will be a good test. I included pics and a short note.

Thanks everyone for the input. This is my first set of jerseys I have ever customized, so appreciate all the advice I can get.

Seems like we have a wide range of experiences here. Always easier to deal locally face-to-face I guess. Was hoping they would have materials and experience on baseball jerseys that isn't in Toronto...(jerseys from Twins, White Sox, Astros, Yankees).

Nameplate comment worries me but most baseball jerseys don't have one, so maybe those will be ok. Also sending a Bruins, Hawks WC, Team Canada pre-Olympic tournament 1994, Red Wings red, Red Wings TBTC. Do they at least have basic Air-Knit, Nike airknit, Ultrafil? Does the Detroit TBTC have a nameplate? Maybe what I'll do is layout the customization I am thinking for every jersey (in another more appropriate thread) and get everyone's input on which ones are 'high risk' and which ones should be ok to send.

P.S. What happens when there is an error from EPS? Do you guys send it back to be fixed? Are they able to fix things? Complain and get partial refund?

Thanks everyone for the input. This is my first set of jerseys I have ever customized, so appreciate all the advice I can get.

Seems like we have a wide range of experiences here. Always easier to deal locally face-to-face I guess. Was hoping they would have materials and experience on baseball jerseys that isn't in Toronto...(jerseys from Twins, White Sox, Astros, Yankees).

Nameplate comment worries me but most baseball jerseys don't have one, so maybe those will be ok. Also sending a Bruins, Hawks WC, Team Canada pre-Olympic tournament 1994, Red Wings red, Red Wings TBTC. Do they at least have basic Air-Knit, Nike airknit, Ultrafil? Does the Detroit TBTC have a nameplate? Maybe what I'll do is layout the customization I am thinking for every jersey (in another more appropriate thread) and get everyone's input on which ones are 'high risk' and which ones should be ok to send.

P.S. What happens when there is an error from EPS? Do you guys send it back to be fixed? Are they able to fix things? Complain and get partial refund?

From my experiences with EPS, they did fix the problems that they had with my jerseys. Iv only ever had two jerseys done by them and they were both wrong. I dealt with Josh mostly and he did finally agree to fix up my jerseys but not before being extremely ignorant (calling the Flyers organization "cheap" for using the customization materials they do) and calling my expectations "farfetched and unable to be replicated".

Their customer service to me needs to be improved, but I guess in the end they will fix your jerseys if you complain enough.

From my experiences with EPS, they did fix the problems that they had with my jerseys. Iv only ever had two jerseys done by them and they were both wrong. I dealt with Josh mostly and he did finally agree to fix up my jerseys but not before being extremely ignorant (calling the Flyers organization "cheap" for using the customization materials they do) and calling my expectations "farfetched and unable to be replicated".

Their customer service to me needs to be improved, but I guess in the end they will fix your jerseys if you complain enough.

Ouch! Doesn't sound like an experience I want to go through with...I think I'll pull some of the trickier ones out.

Anyway, which thread would be most appropriate for me to list my jerseys to get everyone's feedback on customization? I plan on doing the research and just having everyone 'double-check' my instructions.

I plan on doing the research and just having everyone 'double-check' my instructions.

Read this http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/09/hockey-jersey-training-camp-day-8-how.html

I've sent them literally hundreds of jerseys and have had next to no issues with them, but then again I make it very clear what I want done, and I've sent them some of the most obscure goofball jerseys ever. Case in point

2387085180100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2853259020100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

They even created the rear sponsorship logo for me! Who else does that?

Check this one out.

2508388360100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

That number is a flocked heat sealed one color number! Flocked, not felt, and it's 100% dead on to the sample I sent from a game worn mid-80's Czechoslovakia jersey. Who else could match something that obscure?

I even had Twins jerseys done wrong by the place that the Twins Pro Shops uses and sent them into EPS to get done right - better than the team's own customizer of choice!

For me I didn't even bother getting EPS to fix the errors. It wasn't worth the hassle to me and I just had them fixed locally. The saying "be sure to specify what you want with pictures" can be said until your blue in the face but when you do that and it still comes back wrong it's time to stop using that place for customization.

I asked and was told that EPS had matching Nike swift nameplate material, they don't. I sent in pictures of a Crosby canada jersey and the arm numbers were still done wrong.

I know EPS does good work for a lot of people but from my experiences I will not be using them again.

The only knock I have for MLL is that they don't have much in terms of nameplate material so you will most likely have to provide your own but I have material for pretty much every jersey the Leafs have worn so it's not a problem for me.

For me I didn't even bother getting EPS to fix the errors. It wasn't worth the hassle to me and I just had them fixed locally. The saying "be sure to specify what you want with pictures" can be said until your blue in the face but when you do that and it still comes back wrong it's time to stop using that place for customization.

I asked and was told that EPS had matching Nike swift nameplate material, they don't. I sent in pictures of a Crosby canada jersey and the arm numbers were still done wrong.

I know EPS does good work for a lot of people but from my experiences I will not be using them again.

The only knock I have for MLL is that they don't have much in terms of nameplate material so you will most likely have to provide your own but I have material for pretty much every jersey the Leafs have worn so it's not a problem for me.

That Selanne is the Jokerit jersey, right? Cool...I guess I am worried because I don't know as much about jerseys as everyone else, and was hoping to rely on the experience and expertise of the customizer to some extent.

Does anyone have an old style Phoenix Coyotes All Star patch? I need the logo patch for a 2000 NHL All Star jersey I'm having customized.

That sucks, Id imagine it must be something hard to do? Most stuff I send is pretty run of the mill. I mailed 2 other orders in the past 2 weeks as well, I will keep you updated on turnaround time.

Nope, nothing unusual, but all are vintage jerseys, which I understand take much longer than current ones. To clarify my situation, I have nearly 20 jerseys with them now, but they were sent in batches at different times. They may be waiting to finish a lot of them before sending them back. I told them that I didn't mind if they sent them back to me in batches (so I don't have to wait forever), but they didn't get back to me about what they were going to do. But like Slim said, I just have to be patient. I like their work, and there's no sense in my bugging them, getting on their s*** list, and being told "NO JERSEY FOR YOU!!" :lol:

Looking for an authentic Canucks 2001 - 2006 Alternate jersey, size 48 or 50. It can be blank or customized, either way it will end up customized into a Ruutu. It's a gift for my sister. Please PM me if you've got any leads. Thanks.

Has anyone seen a Capitals all-star shoulder patch from the late 90s? It's the diving eagle logo atop CAPITALS, on a black twill background.

I've seen it on the 1997, 1998, and 1999 jerseys...unfortunately it's different from the shoulder patches used on the Capitol building alternates, so I can't even pluck one of those.

I'll link to this pic, since it's got some serious size to it:

http://www.byronshockeyland.com/updates/July%2007d/97HunterB.jpg

I'm pretty open, as I'm just ramping up my collection and I am more after players vs. teams. If I were to prioritize my top tier though:

Original 6

Other Canadian teams

Ducks

Avalanche

Generally older stuff from early 90s, but open to all years from 1980 onwards.

Generally not interested in Panthers, Coyotes, Capitals, Sharks

Actually, do need something a bit more specific: Red Wings in size 44, 46, or 48 pretty much any player.

I am looking for a white Blackhawks ultrafil in size 52 (or 48). I prefer blank or Smith (5), Sutter (12), Goulet (16), or Grimson (23). I am getting a Cup Centenary patch and want to add it to this jersey.

Still looking

So are they good as I am looking for a few country patchs for my all star jerseys

I just got these from him yesterday and they look to be the same as ones I know are real on jerseys I had made up at the time of the all-star games. I'm very happy with them.

2578146940107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

2144239690107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

They also recently added some Finnish flags for your Selanne All-Star posted in the "It Arrived Today" thread.

They also recently added some Finnish flags for your Selanne All-Star posted in the "It Arrived Today" thread.

Yes I ordered a few things from that ebay seller thanks guys

• TMLFAN locked this topic