pastadutchie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Is it even possible to track down a Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch without the white border, as worn by the Winnipeg Jets... or can a regular patch be altered to be accurate? (On that note, I see in some photo searches that the regular patch was used on some Jets jerseys. Does anyone know how that played out?)

If not, are there any original NHL 75th Anniversary patches out there?

Edited by Van67

• 3 weeks later...

Grasping at straws here... anyone have a red/white vector patch? Do Premiers have patches that can be removed or is the logo sewn directly into the fabric? 

*Edit* found!

Edited by mdwsta4

5 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Grasping at straws here... anyone have a red/white vector patch? Do Premiers have patches that can be removed or is the logo sewn directly into the fabric? 

I might be able to track one down for you, I'll ask someone else.

Pretty sure the Premiers have the vector sewn right into the fabric.

Edit: sorry @mdwsta4no luck on finding one for you.

Edited by JJM4

10 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Do you have a line on them? 
I need a few that are black with white vector. 
Thanks 

13 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Pretty sure the Premiers have the vector sewn right into the fabric.

Edit: sorry @mdwsta4no luck on finding one for you.

, thanks for looking 

8 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Do you have a line on them? 
I need a few that are black with white vector. 
Thanks 

I don't really, just a friend with a ton of spare parts but I kinda doubt he'll have it, these vectors seem to be tough to come by. I'll ask though.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, Van67 said:

Is it even possible to track down a Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch without the white border, as worn by the Winnipeg Jets... or can a regular patch be altered to be accurate? (On that note, I see in some photo searches that the regular patch was used on some Jets jerseys. Does anyone know how that played out?)

If not, are there any original NHL 75th Anniversary patches out there?

6_m.jpg7_m.jpg         

Is that watchu lookin 4? 

23 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

3_m.jpgLooking for trade, show me what you got

• 2 weeks later...

Sticking with the centennial patch theme, is there a more accurate patch than this out there? 

Edited by mdwsta4

It looks pretty good to me. Here’s a pic of an authentic one. Aside from color differences (probably due to lighting or flash) I think it looks just about the same. 

1992-93 cup patch

Yeah I'm pretty sure that one is original @mdwsta4

3 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Thanks guys 

Now delete your post with the link so someone else here doesn't bid against you :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not exactly sure if this belongs here, but didn't want to start a new thread. Thought this might be a fun comparison. A pair of tomahawks from a 1987 Hawks jersey vs a 2017 Hawks jersey. Just like with their crests, the tomahawks have gone though a number of minor changes over the years. 

- The overall size of the patch is the same, but the black twill border is significantly larger on modern patches. 

- The shape of the 'C' on the '87 patch is wider than it is tall whereas the modern patch is more a more rounded 'C'. 

- The top tip of the modern 'C' is smaller and less pronounced than the vintage patch. 

- The rocks of the tomahawks are more circular nowadays. 

- The yellow of the vintage patch was more golden while the tomahawk handles were a deeper green. 

- Rather than being sewn only to twill, modern patches also have a slightly rubberized plastic (which is true for pretty much all patches made nowadays) which I think just ensures the stitching is held together

DSCF3279-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Already put this in the Want List, but since I see others posting here as well and this thread is patch specific.

I'm looking for a NY Rangers 9/11 ribbon patch. Authentic only, I'm aware of the seller on eBay with the repros.

ribbon.jpg

2 Questions: Does anyone have an authentic Gretzky retirement night patch?  AND the bigger question, how did it take the Kings 3 full seasons after his retirement to officially have Gretzky night? The pic is off a gamer, and I hate the repros on ebay and the fact you gotta buy 2 per purchase.

50815186988_018c59ee0e_z.jpg

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

AND the bigger question, how did it take the Kings 3 full seasons after his retirement to officially have Gretzky night?

Supposedly Gretzky wouldn’t allow it unless Bruce McNall could attend the game, which couldn’t happen until McNall was released from prison, which occurred in 2001.

Good morning and Happy New Year,

Does anyone have an extra NHL 75TH patch they would sell me...?  Authentic preferred but very good repro would work...

I'd like one for sure...but would buy 2 or 3...

Thanks guys, very much appreciated....