eBay version 3.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Jofa ... since you're reading this. You are a liar when you say you won't reduce the price. You already have by over $300. Perhaps if you listened to people who know what they are talking about you wouldn't still have an overpriced practice jersey on ebay after all of these months. It also hasn't been two years. I'm sure your parents regret the drunken ten second mistake that created you. At least those of us here can laugh at your stupidity, they have to acknowledge they produced it.

Out of curiosity, did anybody from here actually make him an offer for it? I thought it was funny when he said members here wanted it for so cheap. I can't think of anybody here knocking down his door for that thing.

Original thread

Speaking of which, this is worth a quote -

If I want to get noticed, I pull down my pants in the middle of the street and do the helicopter. The law might not like it, but I save myself $499.99.

Original thread

Speaking of which, this is worth a quote -

That original thread was a blast...until somebody decided to close it. :P

If that buyer would have sold it as just an authentic McKay jersey, he would probably get a good amount of money anyways. However, since he is trying to pass off a CC special as a legit game worn it looks like greed got the better of him.

CC Special or not, it is a nice looking jersey.

Careful what you say; that shirt belongs to one of our mods. :thumbsup:

If that buyer would have sold it as just an authentic McKay jersey, he would probably get a good amount of money anyways. However, since he is trying to pass off a CC special as a legit game worn it looks like greed got the better of him.

Ummm.... Uh-oh.

oh dear, Here comes the boom from slim!

The CC "specials" were often of high-caliber players, and were mostly made from mid-90s shirts, like Starter.

From what Milt Byron used to post about on the game-worn forums, this shirt doesn't seem to have any of the red "lipstick" marks or the heavy wrinkling that the specials showed. It does have the heavy pilling on the elbows, and some repairs that may or may not be by the team, but just because it's CC stamped doesn't mean that it's a counterfeit.

You guys are quick to slap labels on things. I'm not saying it's one or the other, but don't forget to do your homework before going on about the authenticity of an item.

LXPYDA5.png

The CC "specials" were often of high-caliber players, and were mostly made from mid-90s shirts, like Starter.

From what Milt Byron used to post about on the game-worn forums, this shirt doesn't seem to have any of the red "lipstick" marks or the heavy wrinkling that the specials showed. It does have the heavy pilling on the elbows, and some repairs that may or may not be by the team, but just because it's CC stamped doesn't mean that it's a counterfeit.

You guys are quick to slap labels on things. I'm not saying it's one or the other, but don't forget to do your homework before going on about the authenticity of an item.

Gameworn.net already has a post on it on how they believe it is a CC Special:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=010201

oh dear, Here comes the boom from slim!

For pointing out that he is trying to sell a CC Special?

Not at all, I'm not saying its not a cc special. but slim is no con man and I'm sure he has something to say on the subject. We're all friends here :D

Alright fair enough.

Slim started off the auction at .99 with no reserve. He provided all of the information he had and provided tons of detailed pics. He clearly stated it has no LOA and left it up to the bidders to decide based on all the evidence what it's worth to them. What else would you expect him to do?

Gameworn.net already has a post on it on how they believe it is a CC Special:

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=010201

Touché. Though I'm with the others on here as well as on the other forum, still a pretty cool shirt with original lettering. We all know Slim isn't trying to pull a fast one.

It's a white jersey with tons of slashes/tears, a bunch repaired, and next to no (there are a few minor marks) black marks/board burns. Doesn't take a detective to put 2+2 together.

The previous owner is a veteran over at gameworn.net, and sold it outside of the forum because he was tired of the same criticism, and he sold it to me the same as I'm selling it now. Main reason I posted it on ebay is because it's open in that respect. Notice how I didn't post it here or there?

Anyways, I paid just south of $300, knowing full well what I was spending on a gamer that couldn't be matched/authenticated, and I know full well posting it for 0.99 on ebay that I probably won't be making my money back on it, but it's still worth it - it gave me a lot of information and served it's purpose well, which, hopefully, I'll be able to share the end result with you guys in the new year.

Hopefully the winning bidder will enjoy it for what it is - whatever he concludes based on his time travels back to when it was originally created :D