New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking long and hard about getting a KHL pro jersey. I think I will have to do it now as they look really nice, especially for the price

And mine from Denver Athletic...

EPS has definitely stepped up their game. Good call AngeloS76 and GREAT jersey JAV!

They must have been doing some corrections to their templates. I remember making corrections to the sleeve #'s of the Bourque kit on my dark PP Avs. If only Denver Athletic would send out loose kits...

And thanks for making my jersey collection feel inadequate, slim. :(

Glad I could help :thumbsup:

Slim is definitely surfing a different ebay than the rest of us. I never find such gems anywhere :(

99.8% are all from ebay or youz guyz...I just don't have a life at all, so lots of free time to surf :D

Seriously though, a lot of my stuff came from meeting folks right here IJ, so a big thank you to everyone who's hooked me up in the past :thumbsup:

CKA must have changed their jersey style at some point this year.

01_20121024_LKO_SKA_NEY3.jpg

Edit

I've been looking through all the photo albums on the CKA site and this is the album from Kovalchuk's first game.

http://www.ska.ru/ga...howall/575.html

This was also the first game they used the jersey style in my picture above. It looks like the jersey you have is from last season and the preseason tournaments this season and that Kovy never actually wore that style. The Ranger looking CKA jerseys are made by Reebok.

Got this beauty today from World Hockey Jerseys: Team Sweden Marcus Nilson game worn jersey, 2009 IIHF World Championships in Switzerland. Nice wear (holes, burns) on the jersey!

IMG-20121130-00945.jpg

IMG-20121130-00947.jpg

Slim, everything came out looking great as usual especially the Gretzky... bro good stuff man it's nice to see that someone still has a passion for the 80's stuff.

Amonte, was that from the guy on ebay who was selling dozens of game worn Swedish jerseys a few weeks back? There was some really nice stuff there for great prices. Surprised I didn't pull the trigger on one of them.

@Gr8erade Man that Datsyuk and Ove look sweet, where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

They all came from LutchUSA.

As for the St. Petersburg jersey not being one Kovalchuk has worn, I can admit that I didn't know that (well, I actually didn't really pay much attention due to a lack of really caring too much about the KHL), I actually like it better than the knock-off Rangers ones they're wearing now. Oh well... If you want accuracy, click the link below...

Amonte, was that from the guy on ebay who was selling dozens of game worn Swedish jerseys a few weeks back? There was some really nice stuff there for great prices. Surprised I didn't pull the trigger on one of them.

Yep, that's the one! Great prices indeed, most jerseys went for around $100

Mail Time!!!

91/92 Gretzky with original patches:

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1386.JPG

91/92 Robinson

IMG_1374.JPGIMG_1378.JPG

91/92 Granato

IMG_1380.JPGIMG_1382.JPG

91/92 Robitaille

IMG_1390.JPGIMG_1394.JPG

95/96 Lappy

IMG_1396.JPGIMG_1398.JPG

My 91/92 3 Musketeer collection - I wish I had a picture of the 3 of them standing together during an anthem.

IMG_1401.JPG

You'll be happy to know that he just added another large batch to eBay including ~15 Sweden jerseys.

Got a couple in from Meigray yesterday. These are gonna be Christmas presents to me from my wife, but I figured why not work on them now? These were Training Camp only jerseys.

Started out as:

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

Now:

IMG_3137.jpg

Started out as:

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

Now:

IMG_3138.jpg

I may get one more from my parents as well that I plan to strip. If I do end up with all 3, I will probably get a Giroux, Schenn, and Couturier out of this... which pretty much makes this an awesome Christmas. If I just have the 2, I'm not sure who I will go with just yet.

Gotta say, I finally understand why everyone collects authentics. I've always gone the replica route just because they're cheaper, but these things are just absolutely gorgeous. With these 2, I now have 3 Flyers authentics (with the other one being a 2010 Cup Finals Giroux).

Any tips for that faint outline that is remaining on from the back numbers, or will that simply go away with time?

Any tips for that faint outline that is remaining on from the back numbers, or will that simply go away with time?

Did you already try ironing it with a lot of steam (and a t-shirt over it!)?

Did you already try ironing it with a lot of steam (and a t-shirt over it!)?

Nope, not yet. I basically just used a seam ripper to pull all the thread, some Goo Gone to remove any small amount of glue holding it down, and then put it through the washing machine and then the dryer on low.

My dryer has a steam setting... should I run it through there on high (lots of steam)?

I've always been afraid to run jerseys through the dryer; I let mine air-dry. To get the outlines out I think it would be more effective to use an iron to apply the heat and steam directly to the affected area. This always works for me.

I agree with LAK74.....keep them out of the dryer.

As previously said, put them on your ironing board, put a small towel on the inside in between the board and your jersey. Put an old plain white tee or linen cloth on top and apply the iron and pressure to the area for several seconds. Release and repeat with a different section of the linen (flip it, fold it) or a different cloth depending on the size. For the jerseys I have stripped I have been able to remove 95%-100% of the glue this way. The rest was removed with GooGone and/or acetone.

I have a feeling dsl already got the glue out; he's just concerned about the outlines in the mesh caused by the stitches. But good advice nonetheless. I would be surprised if the outlines did not come out completely with the iron/steam.

I have a feeling dsl already got the glue out; he's just concerned about the outlines in the mesh caused by the stitches. But good advice nonetheless. I would be surprised if the outlines did not come out completely with the iron/steam.

Yea, there doesn't appear to be any glue. It's just sort of an indent from where the numbers used to be. I'll hit it with an iron at some point.

Thanks guys! I'm so excited to finally have some real authentics, can't wait to get them customized.

Keeping with the Flyers Theme big Shout out to Mike (did the kits up ) and Johnny ( for getting the kits )

028-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

021-3.jpg

010-9.jpg

008-9.jpg