It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

And now some blanks I picked up over the holidays-

Hershey Bears sz 54 Edge 2.0, probably becoming a Dimitri Orlov from last season

hershey.jpg

Early 90s Caps, probably becoming a Hunter, sz 54, NWT

capitals-ccm.jpg

And now the coolest of them all, an 80-82 Sandow SK Authentic Islanders jersey, size 54.

islanders-sk.jpg

The fit on the Islanders SK jersey is just amazing. Its my first true 80s jersey. Nice and long in the sleeves like the Edge jerseys. This will become a Mike Bossy modeled after this one - http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=61&lotid=621

Now that was fun.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a couple Lewiston MAINEiacs authentic warm up jerseys over the holidays. MAINEiacs jerseys are generally somewhat difficult to find, and I've never seen this 200th game jersey on the marketplace and only know the location of one military night jersey. Pretty happy to make these pick ups!

First, an authentic 200th game commemorative jersey:

PRWXW.jpg

kGTvZ.jpg

I also added an authentic military night jersey:

LEeBq.jpg

n9nt4.jpg

Haven't had anything new in a while. I've got a personal grail to post shortly, but this is the newest in the meantime.

Some pretty cool features on this. This was one of the 2010 limited edition Canada jerseys sold from CTV that sold out in 1 day. The jersey features the LE neck tagging, additional Team Canada crest inside the jersey, and was customized exactly as worn on the ice. This is a size 56 Luongo, with the matching nameplate, and IIHF heat pressed only lettering. Some cool things i didn't know about it were that in 2010 the IOC decided it was going to crack down on teams that wore sponsors or corporate logo's on their jerseys. The traditional logo of the Canadian team was the maple leaf with black and red, and the white skater in the middle. The IOC viewed that image to be a "corporate logo" of Hockey Canada and forced the team to come up with an independant logo, which was why they changed to the new style. Because Hockey Canada wanted the players to still have the crest that previous Olympic teams had worn before on the jersey, they had the miniature version place inside the jersey where the crest normally would be placed. All in all a very cool jersey.

Very Very nice!

All the other Retail authentic versions don't have the Canada patch on the inside. That was the 1st thing I looked for when I got it in my Hands.

The CTV jersey where upwards of $500 bucks. you pay that much too?

Got these two in today.

This is going to be a David Legwand.

7274372.jpg

And for this Sharks, I'm stuck between Belfour and Nolan.

7274377.jpg

Very Very nice!

All the other Retail authentic versions don't have the Canada patch on the inside. That was the 1st thing I looked for when I got it in my Hands.

The CTV jersey where upwards of $500 bucks. you pay that much too?

CTV had them on the olympic site listed at $499.99 blank and $599.99 with your choice of player which sold out right away (hard to believe at that price... :doh: ) Sportchek and other retailers had the regular authentic's at $399.99 to begin with and eventually discounted over time.

I'm curious about something. I see people do it, I've done it, but I always feel bad...if a jersey you post has a customization error of some kind...do you want someone to point it out? I feel like a ###### for pointing it out the couple times I have, but then, if it were me, I'd want to know. :)

Wooten, it depends on how you do it. I think the best way would be to PM someone about it and not post it in the forums.

I'd like to know as well, but I dont want to feel bad about it.

There is a difference between:

"LOL. You're a tool for buying an authentic and getting it customized wrong. You really should try to return that piece of s***...."

compared to a PM

"Hey bud, where did you get the customization on that jersey/where did you buy it? It looks alittle off to me (insert picture of a correct one). See if you can get some money back/get it redone. Keep me updated."

Love that Sharks jersey, one of my all time favorites and very high on my wish list. Did somebody say Arturs Irbe?

This is gonna be an Iggy. There are so many things to love about this jersey. I particularly like the felt.

th_IMG_3636.jpg

Love that Sharks jersey, one of my all time favorites and very high on my wish list. Did somebody say Arturs Irbe?

This is gonna be an Iggy. There are so many things to love about this jersey. I particularly like the felt.

th_IMG_3636.jpg

Awesome western jersey

Wooten, it depends on how you do it. I think the best way would be to PM someone about it and not post it in the forums.

"LOL. You're a tool for buying an authentic and getting it customized wrong. You really should try to return that piece of s***...."

compared to a PM

"Hey bud, where did you get the customization on that jersey/where did you buy it? It looks alittle off to me (insert picture of a correct one). See if you can get some money back/get it redone. Keep me updated."

Agreed. When I got my first jersey, I posted it and asked people NOT to tell me if there was anything wrong with it because I wanted to enjoy it. Turns out there were slight variations in the kits for that particular jersey anyway, so it didn't really matter. If it's something obvious, like the wrong font, I'd wanna know about it.

compared to a PM

Well it's not like anyone here would ever call anyone a tool so you are safe.

But since I am an a****** I don't have a problem pointing out if something looks off. Whether you do anything about it is none of my business since it's your jersey.

Well it's not like anyone here would ever call anyone a tool so you are safe.

Sure I would. Not because his jerseys look like crap, but because he's an Islanders fan :thumbsup:

Agreed. When I got my first jersey, I posted it and asked people NOT to tell me if there was anything wrong with it because I wanted to enjoy it. Turns out there were slight variations in the kits for that particular jersey anyway, so it didn't really matter. If it's something obvious, like the wrong font, I'd wanna know about it.

so you did not want people's opinions on a jersey you posted, why post it then ?

Slim, LOL!!

LOL Slim

If it is someone new to the boards, I'll send them a PM or try to kindly broach the topic. If it's someone that's been here a while, I tend to just call it like I see it, as I expect the same from others when I post stuff.

so you did not want people's opinions on a jersey you posted, why post it then ?

Because it's the "It arrived today" thread, not the "Critique my jersey" thread? It was my first jersey that I got from a place that doesn't do returns, and if I knew something was wrong with it I wouldn't have been happy and I wanted to enjoy my jersey.

Love the old skool Leafs and Islanders jerseys.