It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I'm new to this... I collect all types of jerseys, but seeing all these amazing jerseys that you guys have has inspired me to collect more on the Hockey side. So this is officially my first jersey post that I got in today.

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

Few recent pickups. I'd be willing to part with both.

1.0 NWT going to be a Kane

52 Ultrafil

autographed by Bobby Hull that I'll probably remove. And while I really like Amonte, was debating about stripping it and turning it into a Noonan. Although, I suppose Amonte wore ultrafil during the spring when he was first traded to the Hawks

I would for sure strip that. I think the name font is off a bit. The M should be different and the middle of the E longer with the Maska font. I an making a #16 Goulet with Cup Centennial patch so no copying.

Blacksox, that jersey is sick. No really, it's disgusting. Horrible way to start your collection. But you're in luck, I'll take it off your hands :D

(for the sarcasm-impaired, I am joking - it's a great pickup and I am jealous)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Ice Jerseys and I got to tell you, you guys have some nice jerseys. I'm starting a Gretzky Starter collection from the time he left Los Angeles all the way to New York. Here is what I got in yesterday.

Here, I have is a 1995-1996 Los Angeles Kings Starter. Now I know the number fonts are incorrect and I will be fixing that soon.

IMG_0656.jpg

Here I have a 1996-1997 St. Louse Blues Starter with the word mark logo.

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

Dude, that's awesome!

When did you make the switch from Meszaros to Schenn?

I'm pretty sure Gretzky wore CCM with the Blues.

I've had mixed answers. I'm trying to find a picture to see what brand jersey he had on when he played for the Blues but he has his jersey tucked in all the time. If someone can confirm this information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Woo! Most prized possession. Schenn's Jersey worn during the 2nd period where he scored his first NHL goal.

Very sweet, I took the financial plunge this season and got the Brouwer Capitals game worn against the Pens in/with the Locomotiv Patch. That one stunk like hell and another guy I met with one said his also stunk. I assume it was since they signed them right after the game. Did they wash yours or ship it right out with the stank?

Same with the Kings.

Same with the Kings.

Yeah that's right, I don't know why I had a brain fart on the Kings jersey. Gretzky only wore Starter for his 3 seasons with the Rangers.

Same with the Kings.

Even if he did I still think a starter collection will be nice. Then I'll do a CCM. What about when he was with the Rangers?

Here, I have is a 1995-1996 Los Angeles Kings Starter.

No offense intended, as this is not meant to be critical, merely informative. This particular Starter jersey was used by the Kings only in the '97-98 season. It's generally considered proper to customize such a jersey with a player who was on the team at the time, and Gretzky was already in his second year with the Rangers.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Ice Jerseys and I got to tell you, you guys have some nice jerseys. I'm starting a Gretzky Starter collection from the time he left Los Angeles all the way to New York. Here is what I got in yesterday.

Here, I have is a 1995-1996 Los Angeles Kings Starter. Now I know the number fonts are incorrect and I will be fixing that soon.

I do have a CCM Blues size 54 for sale

No offense intended, as this is not meant to be critical, merely informative. This particular Starter jersey was used by the Kings only in the '97-98 season. It's generally considered proper to customize such a jersey with a player who was on the team at the time, and Gretzky was already in his second year with the Rangers.

Yeah, starter had the license to make jerseys for NHL teams on-ice for the following years

1995-96 -> Colorado only

1996-97 - 1998-99 -> Select teams, I don't know off the top of my head, but not all NHL teams, NHLUniforms.com is a good reference to see what manufacturer made the jerseys for each team.

But Gretzky wore CCM with the Kings and the Blues, and Starter with the Rangers

If that level of accuracy matters to you, then you should look into getting CCM authentics from the era.

If not, then keep them as is.

Woo! Most prized possession. Schenn's Jersey worn during the 2nd period where he scored his first NHL goal.

You should contact Schenn and offer to trade that jersey for the one (third period) he got to keep. I think that would be a noble thing to do. I am guessing he would want to have his first-goal scored jersey in his possession. Maybe contact MeiGray and see if they can make the arrangements? Just a suggestion.

Very sweet, I took the financial plunge this season and got the Brouwer Capitals game worn against the Pens in/with the Locomotiv Patch. That one stunk like hell and another guy I met with one said his also stunk. I assume it was since they signed them right after the game. Did they wash yours or ship it right out with the stank?

Those Caps jersey stunk because Bruce Boudreau was still ruining the team.

My ASG twins arrived today:

2230548490105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

Both EDGE 2.0s.

You should contact Schenn and offer to trade that jersey for the one (third period) he got to keep. I think that would be a noble thing to do. I am guessing he would want to have his first-goal scored jersey in his possession. Maybe contact MeiGray and see if they can make the arrangements? Just a suggestion.

First smart thing you've said since you've been here.

I would open the bags and inspect them there, partner. They look like indo-Edge to me (the green neck tape is the telltale sign, folks).

I have the Caps Alternate Authentic from this year and it is an indo. While it has the green neck tag it does not have the previous Reebok or CCM sizing tags like these do, and old 1.0s had, which leads me to think these are 2.0s. Size on the indo is just written on that green strip.

I would open the bags and inspect them there, partner. They look like indo-Edge to me (the green neck tape is the telltale sign, folks).

Acutally the telltale sign is no neck tag. Those are not indo-edges