It arrived today v. 4.0

Brilliant!

So much win on this page so I'll keep it going.

I saw this on Ebay but didn't pay too much attention to it since there was only a picture of the front of the jersey in the listing. I figured it was some sort of replica and left it at that. While searching through Kijiji I saw a posting for the same jersey but this time there was a picture of the back as well. I noticed the large CCM logo and NHL shield and immediately thought 91-92 only problem was those jersey's didn't have the lace up neck and who the hell was this Pelyk guy on the back.

Anyways, after doing some research I found out that during the post game ceremonies for the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens a bunch of retired players came out wearing jerseys that replicated the style they had worn. After I saw this I immediately bought the jersey and picked it up today. It turns out the guy I bought it from was Pelyk's son in law and the jersey was given to him by Pelyk after the game, unbelievable.

Anyways here it is. It is a size 50 ultrafil and it has double elbows and shoulders but no fight strap.

Sweet find dude.....so we both have a Leaf present this Christmas :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe they glow in the dark. I can check when I get home though.

2314223940105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

2613676130105736502S500x500Q85.jpg

<3

Nice Pick Up appears to be a 82-83 or 83-84 Moe Lemay. Those were the only 2 years Maska made the on ice jerseys(flying v). The repairs are consistant with Canucks repairs of the era. A photomatch is unlikely but not impossible. What you own there is the jersey of a stoney cup winner (part of the 86-87 oilers cup team).

Nice find

Sweet find dude.....so we both have a Leaf present this Christmas :)

I have another that I'm waiting to arrive. I was hoping I'd have it for Christmas but no luck.

Anyways, I think you should give me that white ultrafil your selling for Christmas. Pleaseeeeeeeeee.

So much win on this page so I'll keep it going.

I saw this on Ebay but didn't pay too much attention to it since there was only a picture of the front of the jersey in the listing. I figured it was some sort of replica and left it at that. While searching through Kijiji I saw a posting for the same jersey but this time there was a picture of the back as well. I noticed the large CCM logo and NHL shield and immediately thought 91-92 only problem was those jersey's didn't have the lace up neck and who the hell was this Pelyk guy on the back.

Anyways, after doing some research I found out that during the post game ceremonies for the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens a bunch of retired players came out wearing jerseys that replicated the style they

had worn. After I saw this I immediately bought the jersey and picked it up today. It turns out the guy I bought it from was Pelyk's son in law and the jersey was given to him by Pelyk after the game, unbelievable.

Stories like this are what make this hobby awesome. GREAT find.

I was looking at a Crunch jersey for myself. Is that a quirk of the camera flash or do the eyes and knuckles glow in the dark on those jerseys?

They do glow. The green looks like it is some type of paint or epoxy applied onto the crest.

Finally got my Ducks 3rd back from Stitches NJ on Xmas eve! They fixed the size of the lettering/numbering as well kiss cut instead of layered!

Before

Jerseys_03.jpg

After

P1020727.jpg

The name and numbers are bigger.

It's funny, but to me the letters and back number look smaller in the "after" photo. The arm numbers now look a little bigger though.

Ah man they did a great job..they have my 3rd 2.0 jersey. I decided to strip that and now Stitches is doing it up as a Getzlaf.

Thanks! I'll probably send my Jets jersey in the New Year!

Why don't I see any noticeable difference in the Ducks jersey? Am I blind?

It's hard to see but the back number is 2" smaller, the name is about .5" smaller and it's kiss cut instead of layered. To most people they probably wouldn't bother getting it fixed but when I have it sitting next to a game issue Ducks and you see the difference it drove me nuts lol

It's funny, but to me the letters and back number look smaller in the "after" photo. The arm numbers now look a little bigger though.

They are supposed to be smaller in the after, before they where too big (back number & name)

Is the nameplate felt too? When I looked at the Rangers WC jerseys in the team store, the plate didn't look like felt.