Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

I was going to say Sidorkiewicz! They started that franchise with absolutely nothing going for them. If I remember correctly, didn't they only have one road win that season?

You're right! Loool.

Pretty sure Sidorkiewicz wore the SK2000+HM30 combo for a bit (Sorry, I'm a combo geek. Mask+cages don't do it for me).

No love for Maciver or Turgeon? Who was the Captain that year?

Boschman. :thumbsup:

preview_713_101613.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No love for Maciver or Turgeon? Who was the Captain that year?

I play with a guy who coached Turgeon when he was on the Isles. He told us all a story that "Pierre Turgeon was a douchebag", with his thick Kazakstan accent. Ever since then, I haven't liked him.

You've got the wrong Turgeon though...Sylvain Turgeon played for the Sens, not Pierre.

Jeez. Can't believe that was over 20 years ago and I completely forgot about Sylvain! Lol

Thanks Slim, I like the Turgeon. Daigle #91 also wore the recycled '93 in the preseason for the 93-94.

Slim, why do you have to make us mere mortals look penniless and insignificant?

I kid... They're just one of my fave jerseys. On a side note: D'you do your own customisation?

• 4 months later...

More like a "what do I do with this?" But I'm also wondering which player to go with, etc...

Picked this up on ebay for a decent price for a hard to find 6100 liberty jersey. I know it's clearly a jersey foul, but it's a really nice jersey, and I'm looking for advice on what to do with it:

39404230119647-vi.jpg38404230118822-vi.jpg56404229896084-vi.jpg04404229904799-vi.jpg

Even though it's got three layers to unstitch, the glue isn't welding the customization to the jersey, but the customization seems too accurate for me to want to strip it. The letters and numbers even seem to be the right size. It even has the 6100 style NHL patch on the hem sewn over the original KOHO style embroidered NHL shield. I really want to make a 6100 style with the "Teammates for Kids" Patch with either Jagr, Straka, or Kasparaitis.

I know Jagr wore the C, Straka wore the A, but I'm not sure if Kasparaitis wore the other A. If anybody knows, please let me know and provide a pic.

I am thinking of two options:

1. I already have the patch. I could strip the whole thing and just re-customize it. It would also make a perfect Cally Rookie jersey with the nameplate too, should I run into problems removing the name, but I already have one of those.

or

2. I could hold out for a blank, or appropriately customized KOHO liberty, swap the vector for the KOHO neck logos, and even remove and reapply the 6100 style NHL logo.

Again, I'm not looking for exposure to sell this after posting it in the New Arrivals thread, but if another member likes the jersey with the customization and has a blank KOHO or one of the three players I'm specificaly looking for, I'd like to do an even swap, sans NHL Shield and Vector patch. It' a size 52, and I'm looking for a size 52-56. Just looking for advice here. Thanks!

I just got a 99-00 Dallas Stars authentic (silver ccm and nhl logo) and was wanting to put Nieuwendyk on the jersey, this was part of the first Stanley Cup series I watched as a kid leading me to be a Devils fan, but the Stars jersey from that era has always been one of my favorites and Nieuwendyk was one of the guys who stuck out to me as a kid, and coming from the south theres not much hockey here. I'm really not looking to put Modano on there wasn't a big fan of the guy growing up. Any suggestion would be good Im looking at getting it done at EPS and was wondering if Nieuwendyk was an assistant captain that year.

Just bought a blank blue Reebok 6100 Rangers jersey. Wondering if Marc Staal ever wore this style?

I thought I saw pictures of him wearing it at Leetch Retirement night. If not, may go with Jagr. Also, who would do the customization for this Reebok 6100 Rangers - Cosbys or Arenawear?

Staal never wore the 6100 as far as I know. He came up the season after. If you go jagr you could go either with the "C" or "A".

• 2 weeks later...

I have a white broten north stars and I've contemplated making the set but I feel like there are too many other names I'd be missing out on.

My vote's for Bellows.

Have a 2004 Western Conference all-star kicking around...the only thing that's popping out at me right now is to put Pronger on it.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Bellows wore the A for a short period when the NS wore Air-Knit towards the end of the season.

Yup -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIAN-BELLOWS-3-CARD-LOT-1988-89-1989-90-1991-92-TOPPS-MONTREAL-CANADIENS-/171160171281?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item27d9f0f311

Already too many Dinos out there.

I just got a 99-00 Dallas Stars authentic (silver ccm and nhl logo) and was wanting to put Nieuwendyk on the jersey, this was part of the first Stanley Cup series I watched as a kid leading me to be a Devils fan, but the Stars jersey from that era has always been one of my favorites and Nieuwendyk was one of the guys who stuck out to me as a kid, and coming from the south theres not much hockey here. I'm really not looking to put Modano on there wasn't a big fan of the guy growing up. Any suggestion would be good Im looking at getting it done at EPS and was wondering if Nieuwendyk was an assistant captain that year.

Blake's in garland, TX. I don't think he wore an A during that year. Google some pics.

Don Beaupre #33!

Denis Maruk #9 -- last guy to wear 9 on the Stars before Modano.

Is that the one from ebay? Looks like you got a good deal on it -- how marked up was it?

Congrats and good luck!

Yea it's the one from eBay, I offered 150 and it automatically accepted. I'm not sure how marked up yet but I'm not too worried about it, they don't come up often and I love that style jersey. I'll post some pictures up when it gets here, I'm hoping tomorrow.

Ok, here's another one. Small block rangers...I'm thinking marcel dionne. The only thing that has me torn is obviously he is clearly not going to be remembered as a ranger, or anything other than a king for that matter, but I figure it would be a cool jersey nonetheless, I mean hell, it's freakin marcel dionne. What do you guys think? I know everyone will say go leetch rookie but I have three other leetch jerseys, I'm looking to add some more lesser seen names to the collection.

I have a Patrick jersey,Granato was my second choice actually. How does everyone feel on dionne vs granato?