• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, Jeremy does know his Islanders...

Thanks for the picture Brandon!

And the compliment about knowing my Isles!

I am probably going to go Luongo, but the fact it was only worn in preseason bothers me. So does spending a lot of money on customization for a backup goalie lol. I might do Salo or Luongo, but there are sooooo many Salos out there, that I am bound to find one on the cheap side eventually lol. I like being a jersey hipster!

Thanks for the picture Brandon!

And the compliment about knowing my Isles!

I am probably going to go Luongo, but the fact it was only worn in preseason bothers me. So does spending a lot of money on customization for a backup goalie lol. I might do Salo or Luongo, but there are sooooo many Salos out there, that I am bound to find one on the cheap side eventually lol. I like being a jersey hipster!

I would go with Luongo.

oddly enough I have been thinking about getting one of them done as well depending on where he gets traded. I thought it was pretty cool.

Same. I wanted the Luongo for a while, but never really had the opportunity to get it done correctly. Now I do. So, Im probably leading towards him as well. I mean everyone has a Salo and Fichaud. I know the guy that has the preseason gamer Luongo lol.

Isles 58 G navy wave w/ circle crest:

Flaherty #30

Salo #35

Luongo #40

Or do I go with a skater because those choices suck lol?

Reichel #21

Czerkawski #25

Yes this is from a Canucks fan....but LUONGO! LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is from a Canucks fan....but LUONGO! LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im heavily leaning towards Luongo.

If you had to guess, what size jersey would you say this is?

Zdeno-Chara_1.jpg

308586_crop_650x440.jpg?1321638622

I think the second picture maybe a 58 G. The jerseys in the pre-2000 era has a smaller fit (at least in my experience). I know Chara had custom jerseys because the sleeves were too short, but looking at the 2nd picture, it looks baggy.

Make it a Luongo. It will be a different jersey and have a story behind it.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Kings did an authentic retail version of the Air-Knit 'Gretzky-Era' jersey they wore on October 9th 2002? I have an original version, size 48, of the jersey but I didn't want to make a foul of it.

Also, did Felix play in that game?

I've seen one that was available for a long time on eBay but I can't seem to find it anymore. I'm pretty sure it was being sold by a member here. Potvin was the winning goalie in that game.

Sweet, thanks for the info man. Really wanna make a Potvin Kings, but I hate the direction jersey-wise that the Kings took from 1998 till 2011 (apart from vintage throwbacks).

Another thing whilst I'm here, folks: Roy, Potvin, Hasek & Irbe were my favourite '90s goalies. I have a Sharks authentic which will be an Irbe rookie. Now here's the thing, I'm a huge TBTC fan. I have a Leafs TBTC replica which will be a Potvin rookie. Should I put my money towards a replica Habs & Hawks TBTC to make a Roy & Hasek? - OR - I've found a Leafs 1992-97 authentic for $90, should I get that instead so I have a Potvin authentic?

(Can I get a 48 or 50 '92-97 Leafs road for cheaper than $90 btw?)

I always lean towards authentics in all situations. I had a nice Callahan 85th anny Heritage replica that once I discovered they made retail authentics of that shirt (thanks to this community) I stopped wearing and began hunting for an auth.

Selanne did wear that jersey for the last part of the 1995/96 season. Those jerseys had layered customization. They did have nameplates, and I'm pretty sure that at least some Nikes in that style had nameplates too, like this one:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=17&lotid=478

Yes, with the Nike Ducks gamers it seems that some had nameplates and others didn't, even within the same season. I merely meant to say that not all Nikes didn't have nameplates.

I should also amend my earlier statement to say that I have only seen CCM ultrafil gamers with nameplates. I suppose it's possible that there could be some oddballs that didn't have them, but as far as I know they did use nameplates.

Would it be appropriate to put Marc Staal on a Rangers Edge 1.0 with the A or were they wearing the 2.0s at the time that he became an alt?

Also, still not sure whether to use Cosbys or Arena for the 1.0. Any help would be appreciated.

The Rangers were wearing 2.0's well before Staal became alternate captain, but I think that putting the A on a 1.0 is one "foul" that most of us here would be willing to overlook, since 2.0's were not readily available for us to buy anyway, and basically impossible for some of us who wear smaller sizes. So if you're trying to make a vector 2010/11 Staal, I'd say go ahead if it doesn't actually bother you. (But if you want a 2011-13 home with wordmark, you at least have an option to go 100% authentic all the way.)

Reebok 6100. Selanne w. the "A"? A sweet rookie jersey for anybody on the team? Even possibly Giguire? I'm not a Ducks fan by any means, but these are my absolute favorite jerseys ever.

10383879110990-vi.jpg

Reebok 6100. Most likely a Callahan rookie jersey w. 43? I think Girardi w. 50 is way too obscure, and I also have a White 2.0 w. the 85th Anniversary patch that I will likely make a Girardi already. Also not crazy about another Lunqvist jersey for this one.

38386207978179-vi.jpg

Reebok 6100. Could also be a Girardi or Callahan rookie jersey, but was thinking of making it a Bathgate/Howell Retirement Warmup jersey w. Staal or Dubinsky on it. If anybody has a pic of those actual warmup jerseys, I'd love to see them! I already have a blue 6100 Lundqvist that I'm making a Leetch Retirement Warmup jersey.

17383262137325-vi.jpg

Reebok 6100. Selanne w. the "A"? A sweet rookie jersey for anybody on the team? Even possibly Giguire? I'm not a Ducks fan by any means, but these are my absolute favorite jerseys ever.

Reebok 6100. Most likely a Callahan rookie jersey w. 43? I think Girardi w. 50 is way too obscure, and I also have a White 2.0 w. the 85th Anniversary patch that I will likely make a Girardi already. Also not crazy about another Lunqvist jersey for this one.

Reebok 6100. Could also be a Girardi or Callahan rookie jersey, but was thinking of making it a Bathgate/Howell Retirement Warmup jersey w. Staal or Dubinsky on it. If anybody has a pic of those actual warmup jerseys, I'd love to see them! I already have a blue 6100 Lundqvist that I'm making a Leetch Retirement Warmup jersey.

1. Perry 61 or Getzlaf 51?

2. As far as my hatred for the rangers goes, I sort of like Callahan, do dat.

3. COLTON ORR

1. Perry 61 or Getzlaf 51?

2. As far as my hatred for the rangers goes, I sort of like Callahan, do dat.

3. COLTON ORR

WMessierRetirement_Period1Back-vi.jpg

Negative on the Orr. This is my Game-worn from Messier Retirement night.

Negative on the Orr. This is my Game-worn from Messier Retirement night.

My respect for you may have just gone up 10fold. Did Anisimov or Duby where that jersey? (Go jackets)

Lol!

According to the Meigray report, no, but I do have a blue Dubi 1.0 that I'm adding the Leetch patch to (as I just saw that those jerseys were actually 1.0's)