Help on WHO TO PUT ON THIS!

walzthewarrior

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be getting a Rangers stadium series jersey next week. I'm thinking of going with either Zuccs, Hagelin or Stepan...Any input?

Wait until after the game, in case someone gets injured and doesn't actually play.

Personally i'd go with Drew, Richards or Williams.

I F(&^*** cannot stand Jeff Carter after what happened in CBJ, brown is a dirty s*** too, he gets away with a lot. Kind of indifferent to quick/kopi, but I've always like richards, have a lot of respect for Williams, and love Doughty from team canada.

Carter was a blue jacket ? I remember watching that press conference with him he looked like he was going to vomit

• 1 month later...

Got this 1931 Leafs Heritage for a steal. Now I need to know who to put on this, not even sure what games they wore on it (all I know is they wore it in 96-97 season I think). I know Gilmour is an option. Any tips?

3lawINq.jpg?2

Thanks

1996/97 season is correct and lots of great choices. Check the hockey DB for their roster for that season and then search that player and season in Getty Images to see if you can find a pic of a particular player to confirm that he wore it.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000381997.html

Going from memory, some choices include:

• Gilmour
  • Sundin
  • Wendel Clark
  • Domi
  • Mathieu Schneider (72 looks cool)
  • Kirk Muller
  • Larry Murphy
  • Sergei Berezin (94 is cool looking # too)

The font is VERY unique from that style as you'll see in the Getty pix.

Congrats. Those are beautiful shirts. ebay pickup or elsewhere?

Thanks for the pic of Potvin, was considering maybe him as well.

Thanks a lot for the help SnakeOiler. Tough choice here, I tried looking through getty pics but only found a pic of Gilmour and Sundin, but not even the font. Trying to look for better pictures of fonts and then the next step will be the to find someone who could customize it accurately. I actually got it off Kijiji for around $100 US, really happy with it

Thanks a lot for the info. Appreciate it.

Is $100 a really good deal? Not even sure what the jersey is worth, just really liked the style

Thanks for the pic of Potvin, was considering maybe him as well.

Thanks a lot for the help SnakeOiler. Tough choice here, I tried looking through getty pics but only found a pic of Gilmour and Sundin, but not even the font. Trying to look for better pictures of fonts and then the next step will be the to find someone who could customize it accurately. I actually got it off Kijiji for around $100 US, really happy with it

No problem man. Check out this link to Getty. I just searched "Maple Leafs Canadiens 1996" and you can see there is a bunch of pix when they wore this jersey. This is one that shows the back of Larry Murphy's jersey:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/maple-leafs-defenceman-larry-murphy-and-teammates-celebrate-news-photo/82583388

As you'll note, this style only had numbers on the back, NO names. You'll also note that the number is very large and a unique font.

$100 is an amazing price. I believe they've been going for $250-350 on ebay the last few months, given that the Leafs wore an updated version in the Winter Classic.

Yeah $100 is a deal. I had one, size 52 customized as #93 and I got $400 or maybe a little more for it last year before this season started. game day does a perfect job of customizing it.

Thanks for the reply guys, I just saw this. I think I will be going to make it a Gilmour. Brandon, do you have any old pictures (of the jersey) for reference by any chance? Thanks

So. Have a chance on getting a Sabres navy slug done. But can't decide on which name. Vanek is an option, Miller too. But then it would be nice with an Ennis or Myers as it would be Myers Calder year or Ennis first games in the league. Peters, Afinogenov, Numminen or Pominville also options.

Any help guys?

Thanks for the reply guys, I just saw this. I think I will be going to make it a Gilmour. Brandon, do you have any old pictures (of the jersey) for reference by any chance? Thanks

$100 is a very good deal. They sell for $300-$400 regularly. I had my numbers done by Brilliant. He had them made directly from measurements taken from the potvin gamer.

Gotta love kijji for the absolute steals you find sometimes. Lucky I didn't see it first.

Hey thanks for the info. Would you happen to know the length of the numbers at the back?

That jersey was worn by the Maple Leafs to commemorate the 65th anniversary of Maple Leaf Gardens on two occasions, one against Montreal and the other against Detroit. They were only made in sizes 48 and 52 and limited to 1,931 (the year MLG opened) and sold only through the team store LeafSport.

Heritagejerseyad.png

Gilmour wore the C and Sundin wore the A. Not certain if anyone else wore the A off the top of my head.

I had mine done as Sundin in keeping with my man crush on the big Swede.

TorontoMapleLeafs96-97HeritageF.jpg

TorontoMapleLeafs96-97HeritageB.jpg

Do NOT let that get customized by anyone who does not know exactly what they are doing as far as the number font goes. Get in touch with me and I'll send you my spec sheet I sent in with mine to ensure it got done correctly.

In other news, I'm thinking of getting a Vancouver Millionaires jersey from the Heritage Classic.

Who sees the humor in me putting #1 Luongo on it?

BenchedLuongo.png

In other news, I'm thinking of getting a Vancouver Millionaires jersey from the Heritage Classic.

Who sees the humor in me putting #1 Luongo on it?

Not me: http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5209&page=236#entry141267

I also said the same thing after the previous heritage classic about an Iggy flames heritage after he got traded.

I already know this is going to be a 2007-08 TJ Oshie jersey. My dilemma is whether or not to put an "A" on it. It was TJ's junior (and final) year with North Dakota, and he started the year with an "A" on the sweater. However, in the middle of the season he was stripped of his "A" because of an off-ice incident and never earned it back.

Would you add the A or not? I'm leaning not, but am really more on the fence than anything. My thinking is since the gamer would have been sold without it, and didn't wear an "A" during the post-season run to the Frozen Four (even though the green jersey was not used in the Frozen Four) that I'd leave the "A" off.

Thoughts?

azh6Bam.jpg

I am always looking for an excuse to put more things on my jerseys, so I'd go with the A unless he did something noteworthy later in the season without the A, like a 5 goal game or breaking a team record.

• 2 weeks later...

With the EPS sale, I need some help with these:

1. Connecticut Whale. Thinking of McDonagh, Kreider, or Hagelin.

35416878235984-vi.jpg

2. Hartford Wolfpack 5th anniversary. I have no idea who to put on this one.

38416878238467-vi.jpg

3. Pittsburgh Penguins 2.0 vector. I may remove the Consol patch. Original customization shows some residue, so I need a larger number, so I'm thinking of Letang, despite the stroke.

32416878232041-vi.jpg34416878234039-vi.jpg

Whale: Kreider

Wolfpack: Hollweg

Whale: Kreider

Wolfpack: Hollweg

Ahah! Never would have thought of Hollweg. I liked him, even with the stupid penalties he always took. Good call, Brian!