DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have looked at a jersey listing and for a split second been interested in buying it before realizing that I was the one selling it. 

54 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have looked at a jersey listing and for a split second been interested in buying it before realizing that I was the one selling it. 

Yep.  I've looked at my own listings and thought, "that's some really nice stuff".

I'm mentally ill.

11 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Yep.  I've looked at my own listings and thought, "that's some really nice stuff".

I'm mentally ill.

Yup, same here. I have, though, taken down a jersey I had up for sale because I saw my own listing and wanted it. 

Question:

I saw a possible “Steal” on eBay that I was going to post here. But does that make sense to do? I mean, I assume most of us are monitoring eBay pretty closely, and there is a much greater chance that I’m pissing someone off by bringing attention to something they were trying to buy cheap. 

What do we think about that?

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Question:

I saw a possible “Steal” on eBay that I was going to post here. But does that make sense to do? I mean, I assume most of us are monitoring eBay pretty closely, and there is a much greater chance that I’m pissing someone off by bringing attention to something they were trying to buy cheap. 

What do we think about that?

You should probably just send it to me in a PM and delete this message :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bunch of AHL 2.0s, most appear to be 56s.  Wordmarks and vectors, older styles.  $199 isn't a steal, but I'm not sure many of these were ever available at retail.  Hershey Bears, Binghamton Senators, Manchester Monarchs, Manitoba Moose, Connecticut Whale among the teams: https://www.ahlstore.com/collections/clearance

Black Friday 10% code on top gets you a break.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who like practice jerseys, or need one to play in, Pro Stock Hockey has some Reebok and Adidas in stock, limited sizes and only NJD, OTT, VAN and MIN, but they're also giving an additional 20% off with code GIFTGUIDE20. 

https://www.prostockhockey.com/practice-jerseys/

Wanted to jump on another black or possibly white/red jersey, but I swear their playoff deal around May/June was better than what they're offering now

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Wanted to jump on another black or possibly white/red jersey, but I swear their playoff deal around May/June was better than what they're offering now

It’s possible, I don’t recall. I just got the coupon in my email and figured maybe some of you guys might want to partake. 

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s possible, I don’t recall. I just got the coupon in my email and figured maybe some of you guys might want to partake. 

So many cheaper ones coming up on eBay now thanks to Ross. These PSH ones used to be amongst the lowest priced ones on the market, but now they’re on the higher end. Tampa ones can be had for $52.50 on eBay, which makes them perfect strip candidates for customs. 

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s available again. Just over 15 times the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393074052787

Interesting that the size is written on the neck tag.  I am fairly sure that other gamers I have owned from that era have that as well.  However, without a match it is hard to say for sure either way.

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s available again. Just over 15 times the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393074052787

And its gone. Looks like he took an offer of $575. Not a bad ROI

20 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Interesting that the size is written on the neck tag.  I am fairly sure that other gamers I have owned from that era have that as well.  However, without a match it is hard to say for sure either way.

I thought that was true for retail authentic also until about '92-'93? Thats about when they started to put the little tag with the number in it.

Edited by Crash Line

2 hours ago, Crash Line said:

I thought that was true for retail authentic also until about '92-'93? Thats about when they started to put the little tag with the number in it.

Ah ok.  I have never had a retail authentic from that era.

2 hours ago, Crash Line said:

Looks like I need to check in more often, 
I put in an offer of $550 on it thinking they wouldn't accept - I mean who takes a $150 drop in price right after listing it?
I now know it's someone who got it for 15X less
They responded with a counter offer of $650, I told them sorry and bumped it a little to $575 and went to sleep.
I woke up this morning to an email that they accepted.   

Between my offer and taxes it panned out to be $622+change. 
You know where it is if anyone wants it. 

If it was a gamer it'd have the 10th anniversary patch right?
Glad I got a few extra from Fitz. (now where the heck did I put those.....) 
My other ones don't have the Custom Crafted stamp so maybe I'll keep this one and flip another. 
Or,.... maybe it'll arrive and be trapped in the black hole AKA Bob's bins :)

9 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Looks like I need to check in more often, 
I put in an offer of $550 on it thinking they wouldn't accept - I mean who takes a $150 drop in price right after listing it?
I now know it's someone who got it for 15X less
They responded with a counter offer of $650, I told them sorry and bumped it a little to $575 and went to sleep.
I woke up this morning to an email that they accepted.   

Between my offer and taxes it panned out to be $622+change. 
You know where it is if anyone wants it. 

If it was a gamer it'd have the 10th anniversary patch right?
Glad I got a few extra from Fitz. (now where the heck did I put those.....) 
My other ones don't have the Custom Crafted stamp so maybe I'll keep this one and flip another. 
Or,.... maybe it'll arrive and be trapped in the black hole AKA Bob's bins :)

The patch was worn in 91-92, which is after Ysebaert was traded to Detroit. So as presently customized, it should t have the patch. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The patch was worn in 91-92, which is after Ysebaert was traded to Detroit. So as presently customized, it should t have the patch. 

Was the Custom Crafted stamp on both the 90-91' and 91-92'?
That jersey is cooler with the 75th patch + 10th
If I end up stripping it, (sorry Paulie, you never stuck anywhere that long...) do I make it another Marty rookie to really get Mike mad at me? :) 
I mean... is 3 size 54 Marty rookie jerseys in red enough for just one collector? 

8 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, the retail authentics had the size written in pen as well. @LAK74 would know for certain when the little size tag appeared. I’m thinking 1991-92.

You are correct.