DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

55 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Was the Custom Crafted stamp on both the 90-91' and 91-92'?
That jersey is cooler with the 75th patch + 10th
If I end up stripping it, (sorry Paulie, you never stuck anywhere that long...) do I make it another Marty rookie to really get Mike mad at me? :) 
I mean... is 3 size 54 Marty rookie jerseys in red enough for just one collector? 

This 1991-92 Scott Stevens gamer appears to have it. 

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1991_92_Scott_Stevens_New_Jersey_Devils_Game_Worn_Jersey_10_Year_Anniversary_Photo_Match_Team_Letter-6966-153.html

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

If I end up stripping it, (sorry Paulie, you never stuck anywhere that long...) do I make it another Marty rookie to really get Mike mad at me? :) 
I mean... is 3 size 54 Marty rookie jerseys in red enough for just one collector? 

Yeah, it looks like they were both years. If you are going to strip it and you already have 2 rookie Brodeurs, I would go rookie Niedermayer.

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

If stripping it, then yeah, there’s better options than a third Marty. A Stevens (if the strip is clean) or Niedermayer (if not) would be great. 

I’d offer to buy one, but if an Ysebaert is $575, I’m priced out at the moment. 

If you can’t find your 10th patches, let me know, I have them everywhere. I farted the other night and like 12 of them flew out. 

The fight strap in the Ysebaert is an 89-90 fight strap I thought, the last year with the regular round button.  I had the jersey pegged to late 89-90 when you'd first start seeing the big block with the NHL shield.

Could it be one of the infamous "Custom Crafted Specials"?  Bob, you could always post in the GW group and get opinions.  Although, if you're going to strip anyway, it probably doesn't matter much.

7 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

The fight strap in the Ysebaert is an 89-90 fight strap I thought, the last year with the regular round button.  I had the jersey pegged to late 89-90 when you'd first start seeing the big block with the NHL shield.

I guess if you go THAT deep, then yes.  For me, any big block/shield year would be fine, I definitely don’t worry about the fight strap. 

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you can’t find your 10th patches, let me know, I have them everywhere. I farted the other night and like 12 of them flew out. 

You always were full of $hit. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess if you go THAT deep, then yes.  For me, any big block/shield year would be fine, I definitely don’t worry about the fight strap. 

I admittedly go that deep into the specs, I've swapped those 80s styles fight straps in and out of certain jerseys to make them year appropriate.  To each their own though, but for the sake of the discussion I thought I'd add that I'd place it at 89-90, probably 3rd set so 1990, would have had the shield added onto the big block.

10 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

I admittedly go that deep into the specs, I've swapped those 80s styles fight straps in and out of certain jerseys to make them year appropriate.  To each their own though, but for the sake of the discussion I thought I'd add that I'd place it at 89-90, probably 3rd set so 1990, would have had the shield added onto the big block.

Not saying that people don’t do that, obviously they do. That’s just past my limit. 

I haven't made any decisions on stripping it / adding the 10th & 75th or anything else. 
It probably hasn't left the PO in CT. 
I'll get it in hand and see what I think. 

My other two have the fat button but they are painted white. 
I've seen all kinds of variations with fight straps in my Hawks jerseys from 1989-92 
I won't be swapping any of them out. 

If I do decide to strip it, who I put on it depends on if it strips clean,
Some in the running:
DaneYko
Stevens
OR.. a rookie Niedermayer would be cool too 
Too much to think about tonight without it being in hand

2 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I’ve always thought 1990/91 was the last year with the round strap buttons.  Pretty much every gamer from 90/91 that I’ve seen had them, so I figured it wasn’t just leftover 89/90 stock being used in 90/91.  If you’ve seen a lot of 90/91 gamers with the new flat buttons, I’d appreciate it if you could send some links.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

I’ve always thought 1990/91 was the last year with the round strap buttons.  Pretty much every gamer from 90/91 that I’ve seen had them, so I figured it wasn’t just leftover 89/90 stock being used in 90/91.  If you’ve seen a lot of 90/91 gamers with the new flat buttons, I’d appreciate it if you could send some links.

You're more than likely correct, but I'll send you links or pics if I come across any.

Edit:  I think my reason for believing 89-90 is I've got a couple 90-91 North Stars authentics that don't have the round button, the final year before North Stars redesign.

Edited by JJM4

On 12/29/2020 at 10:17 PM, Hockey Bob said:

I haven't made any decisions on stripping it / adding the 10th & 75th or anything else. 
It probably hasn't left the PO in CT. 
I'll get it in hand and see what I think. 

My other two have the fat button but they are painted white. 
I've seen all kinds of variations with fight straps in my Hawks jerseys from 1989-92 
I won't be swapping any of them out. 

If I do decide to strip it, who I put on it depends on if it strips clean,
Some in the running:
DaneYko
Stevens
OR.. a rookie Niedermayer would be cool too 
Too much to think about tonight without it being in hand

Another option I just found out and thought was interesting. Apparently in 91-92 Bruce Driver was injured for a couple games and Scott Stevens wore the C instead of the A. I just found this out by watching a clip involving Ken Daneyko and one of the top Devils game worn collectors Jason Seidl. I havent found photo evidence of this but Jason says there is evidence on both jerseys in which he owns. He points this out at about 21:23 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhmzRUxAG9Q

• 3 months later...

100 bucks for what appears to be a properly customized Gags rookie with an authentic NHL 2000 patch? Yes, please!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Philadelphia-Flyers-Gagne-CCM-Center-Ice-Jersey-Size-48-Millennium-2000-/324579081784?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edited by jsh139

You guys want to hear of a good deal... I'd link you to it but I think you have to join the group on FB for access.

Anyway, in the Detroit Red Wings GW group a guy posted a goodwill find.  A TBTC Coffey 77 with A and all the Eastside tagging of a gamer/GI.  He got it for a whopping $0.50!

51142257134_8bca5baa3a.jpg

It’s the same jersey, I’m convinced of it. Look at those back 7s. They’re different from one another. On both the gamer and the one on FB. And they’re sewn identically. This might be the find of the century. Are you sure this wasn’t posted on April 1st? Lol.