DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Looks like a bit more residue than you usually get with EPS jobs.  That shouldn't be too hard to get out with Goof-Off Super Glue Remover, though.  Did you ever try that stuff?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had similar residue with the jersey I just stripped.  I used Goof-off and got 95% of it off.  I then went straight acetone and whatever was left completely disappeared.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Anyone looking to strip one of the white Devils training camp jerseys Meigray has up, this is what you're looking at. 

9A5DDB96-DCDF-4BF4-A8CA-8E4A5F4A4803_zps

In my experience its like middle of the road, not awful, but not great. You'd want to pick a number that you are mostly covering, or expect to put in a lot of work with the residue. 

Those jerseys were done back when Custom Crafted were still doing their jerseys.

A trivial point perhaps, but many of them (in particular the Reebok ones), have the EPS letter font.

56 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

A trivial point perhaps, but many of them (in particular the Reebok ones), have the EPS letter font.

The font used by CC and the one used by EPS on Devils jerseys are very similar.  The only difference is that CC tends to be a sloppier stitch job such as crooked letters, nameplates, uneven cuts, uneven stitching, etc.

Devils did switch over to EPS in 2005, so that makes sense as the Reebok ones were done by EPS.

There are quite a few differences in the CC (post-retro) and EPS fonts that are easily discernible, which have nothing to do with the stitching.  Since you have such a great Devils' GW collection, this should be easy for you to verify. :)   Take a look at letters like G (completely different notch shapes), W (pointed vs. flat center tip), Y (top branches spread out at different angles), S (end tips of S longer on EPS version), N (vertical wedge cuts are much deeper on CC version), etc.

That is exactly what it is, a little worse than EPS .

I have not use any solvents on my jerseys, I lack a place to work and I'm not comfortable working with chemicals in general.

EPS $5-15  to clean residue, and they do a pretty good job. For that price, I am content to let them do it. 

I am going over number 22 with number 26 so I think it will work out just fine. Before anyone asks, I stripped 2's  because they were done by another customizer, and could be slightly different shapes and material.

All you need is some acetone and that will come right out - you won't even be able to tell where the number was.  I am always surprised at how clean you can get a jersey to look with acetone and patience.

53 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I should ask Keener if he will remove residue from numbers. I finally FINALLY removed the last two numbers on my project last night... the nightmare is over.

In contrast I stripped one full jersey and the sleeve numbers from another in an hour. These were done by Custom Crafted and the stitching was looser than EPS, and the seam ripper was just gliding right on through. 

6 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

what year is that from ,can that have the paint brush font 

52 minutes ago, cowboys said:

what year is that from ,can that have the paint brush font 

I believe so...but you could also do the Tron font! That would be bad asss!

During my routine perusing of the Pittsburgh Craigslist, I happened upon Craig Adams' Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Finals Home Game Worn Jersey. Paid a whopping 75 bucks for it!

28 minutes ago, vsxeworkingclass said:

During my routine perusing of the Pittsburgh Craigslist, I happened upon Craig Adams' Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Finals Home Game Worn Jersey. Paid a whopping 75 bucks for it!

Wow, that qualifies!! How do you know it's legit, there isn't paperwork is there??

On 9/23/2016 at 9:23 PM, Hockey Bob said:

It's going to look so nice in my collection.

On 9/24/2016 at 8:21 AM, furiousd said:

This looks like a 92-93 to me. Black letters on the tail tag.

How can you tell that it's restricted to 92-93? I thought they wore that same tail tag up until the switch to CCM/Koho.

Edited by TheKevinShow

10 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Adidas has a sale on some styles of the authentic WCOH jerseys. 

http://m.adidas.ca/en/world_cup_of_hockey

For whoever is interested. 

Looks like the sale was on all of the eliminated teams... Also looks like people jumped on these fairly quickly.

All that's left is the Czech Republic jerseys... 50% off is a pretty great deal too.

Edited by dsl135

Yeah I was waiting on them to reduce the team NA's but by the time I saw they were marked down they were already sold old.

I was at Meigray this past Thursday and they showed me the Lowell jerseys before they hit the website.  Didn't get any of those as none stood out to me.  They had about 100 of them and they are all 07-08 and later so either 1.0's or 2.0's.  The ones in the clearance are no-names or ones that have pretty much no wear.  The rest are in the Lowell Devils section of their website.

Lowell crest was definitely badass...AHL ish without being too cartoony. I'd take a similarly styled third Jersey for the NHL club, please.

Edited by mfitz804

Just sent Meigray an email on the condition of a few of the Lowell jerseys. If they are in good shape I'm going to grab a red and white 2.0. Lowell is the only gap in my AHL Devils collection at the moment.