DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I'm really turned off by Kaiser's story on the guy.

now I'm 1/2 consdering getting it from River City Sports.

Now I'm totally considering River City.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole thing sounds like it would make for a great reality TV series on TLC from the makers from Amish Mafia:

GTA - Jersey Wars

(the name cashes in on America's fascination with the Grand Theft Auto games and the Jersey Shore)

It's the story of a young upstart street dealer of hockey jerseys, working out of the back of an Asian Starbucks. He's trying to provide for his family while living a double life and trying to stay under the radar of the maniacal Jersey Baron.

I got a quick response the same day when I asked if he had the item......when I responded and asked about pics he disappeared and coupled with Kaiser's story, I'm not sure I want to get involved with this guy when I can use a reputable business. He may have the goods and he may very well come across for a cheaper price than RCS but it's not worth the risk/aggravation. That's adding an extra layer to the jersey-collecting onion.

What the hell is an Asian Starbucks? Serves tea and egg rolls?

I dunno, Kaiser416 said he met him at an Asian Starbucks, so I just assumed it was a Canadian thing, like Boston Pizza (which makes no sense to us in the US).

This guy is real strange. I had a deal set up with him when he first listed. 2 Blackhawks for $185 a gift and he would invoice me through PayPal. Told me he only had a few styles in stock. The last email he sent me was asking me if I wanted him to invoice me...which I replied "yes" too. He never responded again and that was this past Saturday. I'm definitely not sending him any of my money. Especially when he claims to have all this stock and continues to only list the Bruins. Something isn't right. He also failed to provide me any pictures of the Hawks jerseys, as legit as they might be something just seems off.

Exactly. Something is off with this dude, not worth the trouble or potential monetary loss.

I also messaged him but never got a reply.

Where's the Asian Starbucks? :huh:

Is he a member here on IJ? How does he know you're giving "negative info"?

"After all the negative info you have given to other people, i am not interested in dealing with you anymore"[/size]

And that's the end of that chapter.[/size]

Uh oh you hurt his feelings.

Since Rivercity has these they will put them on sale eventually. Heck they had a sale just before Christmas for 25% off which would have made the non winter classic 2.0's $225 cdn + tax. If your in the states that would be pretty much what Shady mcshaderson wanted. Us Canadians would have to add tax which would bring it up to about $250.

I will delete my comments and apologize to the seller. Defamatory and hurting his business was not my intention.

Well if he raised prices after the fact you had a deal in place and being shady, then you really have nothing to apologise about.

Uh oh you hurt his feelings.

Since Rivercity has these they will put them on sale eventually. Heck they had a sale just before Christmas for 25% off which would have made the non winter classic 2.0's $225 cdn + tax. If your in the states that would be pretty much what Shady mcshaderson wanted. Us Canadians would have to add tax which would bring it up to about $250.

RCS did have a 40% off at one point. Can happen again. $$

So let me try to understand. This guy keeps raising his prices after making agreements, meets in Starbucks, and not his actual store, and won't give his real name, but the person who points these facts out has to apologize?!

RCS did have a 40% off at one point. Can happen again. $$

It WILL happen again. I might take until the summer but trust me they will go on sale.

So let me try to understand. This guy keeps raising his prices after making agreements, meets in Starbucks, and not his actual store, and won't give his real name, but the person who points these facts out has to apologize?!

I'm with you on this!

Kaiser, you should absolutely repost what you had said. It was not defamatory or hurting his business. It was the TRUTH!

The guy is a shady character that should be avoided, without a doubt.

I mean, people here constantly pan Jersey Baron (who is actually a good business, but just has higher prices than people like so they whine), yet this guy doesn't stick to his word and won't tell you his name... That's actually the biggest point of contention, I think.

How can he not even give you a fake name? This guy doesn't want to be traced, even by a fake name.

Its not defamatory when its the truth. We all post feedback here about our transactions so that other members don't get screwed. Its pretty clear that this guy, through his own actions, is not a trustworthy seller and should be avoided.

Just because he complained to you doesn't mean we shouldn't all be aware of his behavior.

Am I correct in thinking that multiple users on the boards have bought from him online with no problem? (He's the guy with the Wild thirds, right? ) It seems like nobody has had an issue with his eBay stuff and the worst that could be said about him is he doesn't necessarily respond to messages about working offline deals/volume discounts. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sure, changing the price on an in-person transaction is questionable. I wouldn't personally do it, but as long as it's still his item, he can really do what he wants. The buyer isn't obligated to buy at that point either. I've had plenty of buyers agree on a price with me then at the last moment say they can't do it and offer me less. It sucks, but as a seller I still have the option to decline the deal. How many people were planning on meeting him in person? I don't see how him being "sketchy" in person impacts 98% of the users on here if he keeps delivering 2.0 jerseys for less than most via eBay.

Am I correct in thinking that multiple users on the boards have bought from him online with no problem? (He's the guy with the Wild thirds, right? ) It seems like nobody has had an issue with his eBay stuff and the worst that could be said about him is he doesn't necessarily respond to messages about working offline deals/volume discounts. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sure, changing the price on an in-person transaction is questionable. But, how many people were planning on meeting him in person? I don't see how him being "sketchy" in person impacts 98% of the users on here if he keeps delivering 2.0 jerseys for less than most via eBay.

Speaking from my experiences with him, he changed prices on me multiple times, pushed jerseys I didn't ask for on me, has lied and been deceitful.

I was taking that into account along with several other members stories about him changing prices (flyhighguys, myself, and Kaiser) and making my judgment that this is stuff that should be made widely available to members to make their own judgment. I'm simply expressing my opinion that he should be avoided.

None of this is defamatory or done with the intent of hurting his business. It is done with the intent of letting members know he has displayed shady behavior.

But yes, I believe there are at least 2 members who have said they had positive transactions with him as well.