It arrived today

lafountain

NICE pickups there dude. That UK one is killer. The logo looks like something off a cereal box!

I never realized how much the UK design looked like the old Islanders jerseys.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason that Great Britian logo reminds me of Don Cherry...

Nice pickups. Did you have those two countries in your collection before?

For some reason that Great Britian logo reminds me of Don Cherry...

Nice pickups. Did you have those two countries in your collection before?

yeah.. The Spain I got more for trade bait.. The GB (especially with the 90th patch and warsteiner patches), ive wanted that style for a long time.. Im looking for the blue version of it.. They will replace the current GB jerseys I have on my webshots..

yeah.. The Spain I got more for trade bait.. The GB (especially with the 90th patch and warsteiner patches), ive wanted that style for a long time.. Im looking for the blue version of it.. They will replace the current GB jerseys I have on my webshots..

I love the GB jersey. That one is really sharp!

Gotta love the US Postal service and their blessed Saturday delivery. I didn't expect to get this until next week.

2010 AHL All-Star Classic Skills Competition jersey worn by #21 Bobby Sanguinetti

It was the jersey he wore while setting a new AHL record for fastest skater.

htfd_sanguinetti_f_sm.jpg

htfd_sanguinetti_b_sm.jpg

htfd_sanguinetti_auto_sm.jpghtfd_sanguinetti_strap_sm.jpg

Wow! That is a very nice jersey! Nice find! :)

Gotta love the US Postal service and their blessed Saturday delivery. I didn't expect to get this until next week.

2010 AHL All-Star Classic Skills Competition jersey worn by #21 Bobby Sanguinetti

It was the jersey he wore while setting a new AHL record for fastest skater.

htfd_sanguinetti_f_sm.jpg

htfd_sanguinetti_b_sm.jpg

htfd_sanguinetti_auto_sm.jpghtfd_sanguinetti_strap_sm.jpg

I am so jealous of the jersey! I tried to win one of the skills competition ones too but every bid I put in wasn't high enough. :(

I am so jealous of the jersey! I tried to win one of the skills competition ones too but every bid I put in wasn't high enough. :(

I bid on a couple of the 2010 AHL All-Star jerseys and warm-ups, but they got pricey fast. I didn't see the skill competition ones, but I don't doubt they went pretty high as well. This one I got lucky and the seller had it with a reasonable Buy It Now price. I didn't get it from the AHL auctions, the seller in this case bought it at the All-Star game in person.

all of your jerseys are perfectly customized.. Where did you learn all of your skills? what machine are you doing it on?.. you should make a business of it eh!

Thanks. My mom taught me how to use the sewing machine. I use a "Singer Concerto 2" and got my skill from just customising jerseys over the past 10-12 years. It also trained my eyes on lettering details, specs, positionings etc. Mostly I use templates from Game Worn jerseys, that way I always have the correct specs. Unfortunately I wouldn't have enough customers to run a steady business.

Thanks. My mom taught me how to use the sewing machine. I use a "Singer Concerto 2" and got my skill from just customising jerseys over the past 10-12 years. It also trained my eyes on lettering details, specs, positionings etc. Mostly I use templates from Game Worn jerseys, that way I always have the correct specs. Unfortunately I wouldn't have enough customers to run a steady business.

Something I've been curious about, how much money do you think you save by doing the work yourself vs having a customzier do it? I guess for example what did the Toews jersey you did cost you for the letters/numbers and how much time did you put into the project. It's something I've toyed around with over the last year or so, but being that I'm an extremely busy person I'm not sure if the time comittment is worth the dollars saved.

Something I've been curious about, how much money do you think you save by doing the work yourself vs having a customzier do it? I guess for example what did the Toews jersey you did cost you for the letters/numbers and how much time did you put into the project. It's something I've toyed around with over the last year or so, but being that I'm an extremely busy person I'm not sure if the time comittment is worth the dollars saved.

I don't do my own customizing, but I really want to eventually try. My understanding is that you don't save a ton, maybe $10-15 per jersey (partially due to lower shipping costs). For me it wouldn't be the money as much as 1) knowing the customization would be done exactly the way I want it and 2) reducing the downtime on waiting for jerseys to come back. My fear is the just that inexperience could lead to some damaged jerseys.

It's really hard to say how much money it saves me. It's save you quite some $$$ if you cut it yourself but it's work you don't get paid for and takes up some time.

@MountainKing

What Toews jersey do you mean? If you're tlking about the Winter Classic, I got it from Hockey Jersey Outlet blank and "Bear" got the lettering kit for me from City Sports Lettering.

I don't do my own customizing, but I really want to eventually try. My understanding is that you don't save a ton, maybe $10-15 per jersey (partially due to lower shipping costs). For me it wouldn't be the money as much as 1) knowing the customization would be done exactly the way I want it and 2) reducing the downtime on waiting for jerseys to come back. My fear is the just that inexperience could lead to some damaged jerseys.

Exactly. I thought about doing it for the same reasons.

I am only comfortable with changing the name bars myself...

Going to change a Wings Chelios into a Probert this weekend.

Amazingly nice JR jersey that unfortunately, have already been folded neatly and placed in a shipping box with his cousin Blackhawks Amonte jersey, waiting to be sent off!

IMG_0522.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

The thing you really have to worry about when doing your own sewing is placing everything on the jersey properly when you first iron everything down. As far as sewing goes I just practiced on a junk jersey I had to get a feel of how the machined worked and what the stitches looked like under different settings. Once I was comfortable and got the stitches looking how I wanted I moved onto the real thing. Worst case, just rip out the stitches if you don't like how you did them and do them again.

For me I save a little bit of money on each jersey like you said but I do it because I don't have to worry about getting a jersey back with stuff in the wrong position or other problems like that.

Can't believe this thread got down to 8 or 9 on the list. smh. Shop, people!

This one had me worried. There were 4 advertised stains, which of course meant about 15. They were everywhere... almost as if someone spilled beer on his person while wearing it. (While watching hockey? The horror!) Luckily, it all came out in the wash. Woo!

ND-Hockey-Front.jpg

th_ND-Hockey-Back.jpg

Can't believe this thread got down to 8 or 9 on the list. smh. Shop, people!

This one had me worried. There were 4 advertised stains, which of course meant about 15. They were everywhere... almost as if someone spilled beer on his person while wearing it. (While watching hockey? The horror!) Luckily, it all came out in the wash. Woo!

ND-Hockey-Front.jpg

th_ND-Hockey-Back.jpg

Very nice looking jersey. Not sure of which team that is though. Congratulations on your score, and for also getting rid of all the horrible stains. :thumbsup:

Edited by mac1124

Very nice looking jersey. Not sure of which team that is though. Congratulations on your score, and for also getting rid of all the horrible stains. :thumbsup:

Notre Dame Fighting Irish college hockey

omg i want that greece jersey where did you find that how much did it cost....im greek i want that!!

good luck finding another nike one.I was searching for about 3 years to find that one, and no joke on that either... Worldhockeyjerseys.com had tons of the 2008 tackla team issued jerseys not too long ago for 100 bucks a pop.. but they sold out.. Now the Greek federation wont sell jerseys to anyone for some reason.. atleast thats what a player on the team told me.. its unfortunate because there are tons of greek hockey fans!!