It arrived today

lafountain

I went to the recent Hockey Expo in St. Paul and was very surprised to fine Lutch had a booth there in an effort to try to drum up some team sales business. They also brought some really cool sample jerseys to show what they are capable of producing.

They also brought the shock of a lifetime. A game worn Ilya Kovalchuk Ak Bars Kazan jersey worn during the lockout of 2004-05. I have a replica Kovalchuk Ak Bars jersey in my collection already and could spot the differences right away, as the sleeve logos are sewn on patches and the main crest is a fully embroidered patch, unlike the sublimated one on the replica. The wear on it is not as much as I would have hoped for, but it's there for certain, even if it doesn't come through as clearly as I'd like in the photos. It shows best on the jerseys right sleeve around the number 7 and wrist.

2770192100100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2883540360100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I think that's the exact jersey I'm holding in my Facebook profile pic. If I can find the original large pic, I can photomatch that sucker back to me. :P

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2591772520100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2685416430100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2909224940100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2027458900100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

2636113230100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2775109480100337552S200x200Q85.jpg 2499443050100337552S200x200Q85.jpg2240004590100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

Awesome pickups, although I did notice something.

In the game against Romania, the players were wearing yellow jerseys with a closed V-neck. I have seen a few of the ones pop up recently that have the eyelets for a lace, but I've gone through and re-watched the film plenty of times and can't definitively see a player with the open collar.

I noticed that difference in style, but my jersey has all the proper tagging in the collar that matches all the rest. I just haven't found anyone to ask about the differences in collar styles. Good catch.

I bought into the MeiGray Group's Rangers grab bag a few days ago. Initially, it had sold out within hours and I had missed it but after checking another board, there was a sale that had gotten cancelled therefore one was still available. I immediately jumped on it. There were 12 jerseys. Eight lower-tier Rangers and then the top four: 07-08 blue Jagr w/C, 06-07 white Shanny w/ A, 09-10 white Gaborik and 08-09 blue Drury w/C. I received mine today:

ngerscirca2007RBKEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

gerscirca2007bRBKEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

I won the Jagr one; which was the grand prize. Valued at $3,995. I'm stunned. :D :D :D

HA!! Dude, I had figured I'd pull a Kalinin or Colton Orr jersey! I NEVER thought I'd snag the Jagr one. I would been happy with the Shanny one! :D

Very minimal actually. I'm very surprised. I figured it'd have at least some board burns on the arms or something but there's not much. In fact, I can't find much of anything; inside or out.

I bought into the MeiGray Group's Rangers grab bag a few days ago. Initially, it had sold out within hours and I had missed it but after checking another board, there was a sale that had gotten cancelled therefore one was still available. I immediately jumped on it. There were 12 jerseys. Eight lower-tier Rangers and then the top four: 07-08 blue Jagr w/C, 06-07 white Shanny w/ A, 09-10 white Gaborik and 08-09 blue Drury w/C. I received mine today:

ngerscirca2007RBKEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

gerscirca2007bRBKEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

I won the Jagr one; which was the grand prize. Valued at $3,995. I'm stunned. :D :D :D

WOW! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Holy ****. With an F.

Following that Jagr, i thought i might wait to post this,

Got this for a bargain.

ovechkinjersey.jpg

ovechkinjersey2.jpg

Very minimal actually. I'm very surprised. I figured it'd have at least some board burns on the arms or something but there's not much. In fact, I can't find much of anything; inside or out.

Congrats on getting the Jagr Mike, it's awsome that you have a good story to go along with getting it. I may have to get in on a grab bag if they do one for the Laffs, I mean Leafs.

no one deserves that more than you Brilliant, congrats!

I hope they do a Hawks or Avs grab bag

no one deserves that more than you Brilliant, congrats!

I hope they do a Hawks or Avs grab bag

They are doing the Avs grab bag, but don't count on a Hawks grab bag anytime soon as they didn't have deal with the Hawks. The Hawks sell their gamers themselves.

Hi. I was just wondering what a "MeiGray Grab Bag" is. I am not very familiar with MeiGray other than they sell Authentic NHL Game-worn/Game Ready Jerseys for NHL teams. Thanks in advance for any input or feedback. Enjoy the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs. :D

Hi. I was just wondering what a "MeiGray Grab Bag" is. I am not very familiar with MeiGray other than they seel Authentic NHL Game-worn/Game Ready Jerseys for NHL teams. Thanks in advance for any input or feedback. Enjoy the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs. :D

MeiGray tags and catalogs NHL game jerseys for about half of the NHL teams and usually all of the league-wide commemorative jerseys (All-Star game, Hockey Fights cancer, Teammates for Kids). The also do some work with some minor leagues, and recently USA Hockey. Every jersey tagged by MeiGray has a unique number for tracking and authentication. They also sell NHL Game-worn/used jerseys and equipment through auctions and direct sales on their websites (MeiGray.com and http://www.nhlgameworn.com/).

The "MeiGray Grab Bag" is a special event where they will sell a limited number of these grab bags (say 12 or 15) that will have a random game-worn jersey in them from a given list. The price of the bag is that of the lowest valued jersey(s) on the list. So you have the chance of getting a jersey worth the price you paid, or possibly one worth many times that. In Brilliant's case he won the "grand prize" so to speak, for his $395 he got a jersey valued at $3995, the highest valued jersey on the list. I know they only run the grab bags a couple of times a year and they don't always do every team etc.

Great pickup Mike, turning 400 bucks into 4000 is pretty good too :)

The price of the bag is that of the lowest valued jersey(s) on the list.

MeiGray must take a fair old loss then, I always figured the price of a bag would be higher than the lowest value one, so you were playing the odds a bit more. Can't really miss if it's your team then.

Grab bags are $495 not $395. Also, although the retail value of the lowest jersey's given out is $495 you'll really have a hard time getting even half of that if you got one of the lower end jersey's and tried to sell it. It is a risk for sure.

Grab bags are $495 not $395. Also, although the retail value of the lowest jersey's given out is $495 you'll really have a hard time getting even half of that if you got one of the lower end jersey's and tried to sell it. It is a risk for sure.

I know the current Avs one is $495, but I thought the Rangers one was $395.

I do agree that since the values are based on MeiGray's prices that there is a definite risk. Had Mike gotten the Aaron Voros or Waive Wade Redden jerseys from the list, neither of those could reasonably be sold for $395. Only few of the other "common" jerseys you *might* be able to break even on, so it is a gamble.

I know the current Avs one is $495, but I thought the Rangers one was $395.

I do agree that since the values are based on MeiGray's prices that there is a definite risk. Had Mike gotten the Aaron Voros or Waive Wade Redden jerseys from the list, neither of those could reasonably be sold for $395. Only few of the other "common" jerseys you *might* be able to break even on, so it is a gamble.

All the grad bags are $495.

Congrats on the Jagr jersey, Brilliant! I'd even love to get that jersey, but don't have the money to participate in the Grab Bag.

These two arrived in the mail today!

Van%20edge%203rd.JPG

Pens%20edge%203rd.JPG

Lets hope for them to meet in the finals!

And since I got around to taking pictures, I went ahead and snapped this one too

Luongo%20edge1.JPG

Luongo%20edge2.JPG

Luuuuuuuuu