It arrived today

lafountain

Picked up an authentic Brian Leetch 1994 Rangers jersey, with cup patch, signed. Size 52. Also picked up a signed Parise Christmas Devils Jersey, size Large. Pics later.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two pickups today. We're having the bi-annual sportscard and memoribilia expo in the G.T.A area this weeking so I stopped in today to see what jerseys I could find. Nothing much in the area of blank authentics which is what I usually stick to but there were a lot of signed replica's, a few signed authentics and funny enough a ton of signed fakes lol. One guy had a booth set-up and ###### did he have a ton of nice rare stuff, he had a crap load of older signed all star authentics, late 80 early 90's authentics, and a bunch of different Gretzky's all signed and double tagged. I spent a good 30 minutes drooling over all the stuff he had but couldn't buy any because his prices were pretty high.

Anyways, as I was making my rounds around the place I noticed a guy who had 4 jerseys hung up on the back wall of his booth. Three were minor league jerseys that I didn't really recognize but one was a pretty rare jersey that you don't see to often and when you do they go for pretty high $$$$. I asked how much he wanted for it expecting him to respond with a price that was at or even higher then the going Ebay rate but when he answered I was pulling out my wallet before he could even finish the rest of his sentence.

Here it is in all it's glory the infamous "Burger King" jersey.

2809135770105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2321960170105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

I went ahead and sewed down the front and shoulder crests and I'm thinking I might add a fight strap to it once I get Gretzky put on the back like justanothavictim did on his wildwing.

Another guy was selling some authentic Edge jerseys that were used in the movie "The love guru" for pretty cheap. He had a couple Leafs and a couple Penguins left and I originally wanted a white Leafs but the ones he had were a little to "used" for my liking so I bought a white Penguins that I've already stipped and will turn into a Crosby. Also, I am going to take the 2009 finals patch off my black Crosby and put it on the White because he won the cup in the White and then I will put the 2008 finals and 250th anniversary patch on the black.

Anyways, as I was making my rounds around the place I noticed a guy who had 4 jerseys hung up on the back wall of his booth. Three were minor league jerseys that I didn't really recognize but one was a pretty rare jersey that you don't see to often and when you do they go for pretty high $$$$. I asked how much he wanted for it expecting him to respond with a price that was at or even higher then the going Ebay rate but when he answered I was pulling out my wallet before he could even finish the rest of his sentence.

so how much did you get it for ???

also. if theres any reason you return to that show.. can you look for some of the old IIHF nike jerseys for me? Ive heard from people throughout the years that theyve purchased or seen some jerseys im looking for there...

TMLFAN, the guy with all the Gretzky's is the guy I got the Leetch jersey from. I got the Parise from Ice Jerseys, with all the frames.

so how much did you get it for ???

also. if theres any reason you return to that show.. can you look for some of the old IIHF nike jerseys for me? Ive heard from people throughout the years that theyve purchased or seen some jerseys im looking for there...

Cost me $70. I don't remember seeing anything international but unfortunately today was the only day I could attend.

TMLFAN, the guy with all the Gretzky's is the guy I got the Leetch jersey from. I got the Parise from Ice Jerseys, with all the frames.

Right on. Man, did he have some amazing stuff but some of his jerseys did have some minor customization errors.

Cost me $70. I don't remember seeing anything international but unfortunately today was the only day I could attend.

Great Burger King jersey..$70 for it..You stole that jersey..Very nice rare jersey for a price that you can't beat

Wow; $70 for that monstrosity. What a deal! That brings me back to the time when I had the chance to buy that very same jersey at a local sports shop for $20 or so...AND DIDN'T DO IT. Argh!

Will post pictures of mine today. Leetch was 275 and the guy threw in a Probert signed picture. The Parise was 240.

Well, hurry up already will ya? Stop holding out on us Rangers fans! :D

Rangers fans on THIS forum? unheard of!

Seriously. The Rangers suck, who would root for them?

I was gonna petition to change the name to Penguinland but then the NHL might step in and take over the site for the good of the community.

Leetch Jersey

DSC_0164-1.jpg

DSC_0161-1.jpg

DSC_0162-1.jpg

DSC_0163-1.jpg

Parise Jersey

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

THe sticker on the bottom of the 9 on the Parise is a Steiner Authentication sticker, but I didn't receive the authentication to match the sticker. So I emailed Just-In-Case to get that for me. If I don't get it the sticker is useless, and I might peel it off and get it JSA'd.

I was gonna petition to change the name to Penguinland but then the NHL might step in and take over the site for the good of the community.

that and Pierre McGuire would be constantly posting asking if Sidney Crosby was here yet.

:lol: :lol:

Here's the Penguins I picked up at the expo that was used in "The Love Guru". I finished stripping and cleaning it up so it's ready to go for re-customization.

2631209230105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2492199600105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Make that one a 2009 Stanley Cup jersey for sure. A Talbot would be appropriate.

Here's the Penguins I picked up at the expo that was used in "The Love Guru". I finished stripping and cleaning it up so it's ready to go for re-customization.

2631209230105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2492199600105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Nice pick up. What number was on the back originally? Something with a "1"?

Make that one a 2009 Stanley Cup jersey for sure. A Talbot would be appropriate.

negative. Sid the kid for me with the 09 finals patch.

Nice pick up. What number was on the back originally? Something with a "1"?

Yup, it was 41. You can see the outline slightly but 87 will cover it up just fine.

If anybody is planning on doing up a Kunitz white jersey, I've got the numbers for sale on ebay.

Two pickups today. We're having the bi-annual sportscard and memoribilia expo in the G.T.A area this weeking so I stopped in today to see what jerseys I could find. Nothing much in the area of blank authentics which is what I usually stick to but there were a lot of signed replica's, a few signed authentics and funny enough a ton of signed fakes lol. One guy had a booth set-up and ###### did he have a ton of nice rare stuff, he had a crap load of older signed all star authentics, late 80 early 90's authentics, and a bunch of different Gretzky's all signed and double tagged. I spent a good 30 minutes drooling over all the stuff he had but couldn't buy any because his prices were pretty high.

I went ahead and sewed down the front and shoulder crests and I'm thinking I might add a fight strap to it once I get Gretzky put on the back like justanothavictim did on his wildwing.

Another guy was selling some authentic Edge jerseys that were used in the movie "The love guru" for pretty cheap. He had a couple Leafs and a couple Penguins left and I originally wanted a white Leafs but the ones he had were a little to "used" for my liking so I bought a white Penguins that I've already stipped and will turn into a Crosby. Also, I am going to take the 2009 finals patch off my black Crosby and put it on the White because he won the cup in the White and then I will put the 2008 finals and 250th anniversary patch on the black.

Great pickups!! I was there Saturday afternoon and it was pretty dry. I was hanging out with the guy with all the rare jerseys. I met him at the last expo and he remembered me. We were bustin' balls back and forth.

All in all it was pretty dry in terms of jerseys. Didn't see very much of interest. Sad to see so many fakes being sold there though. We should we weeding these out of the hobby, not getting them autographed in hopes of selling them at a larger profit than if you just sell them on eBay.

As for the EDGE Penguins, is it a 1.0 or 2.0? I didn't notice anyone there selling Pens and Leafs EDGE jerseys and I went through the whole place....

Great pickups!! I was there Saturday afternoon and it was pretty dry. I was hanging out with the guy with all the rare jerseys. I met him at the last expo and he remembered me. We were bustin' balls back and forth.

All in all it was pretty dry in terms of jerseys. Didn't see very much of interest. Sad to see so many fakes being sold there though. We should we weeding these out of the hobby, not getting them autographed in hopes of selling them at a larger profit than if you just sell them on eBay.

As for the EDGE Penguins, is it a 1.0 or 2.0? I didn't notice anyone there selling Pens and Leafs EDGE jerseys and I went through the whole place....

they were 1.0's. I can't remember what the guys booth name was but it was a small booth and he had a round rack thing that had all differrent jerseys in them and on top was the sign saying "authentics $75" or something along those lines. Most were replica's but the couple Leafs and Penguins were in the rack. He was in the second last isle on the side were they had the small food area and he was about a quarter of the way down the isle. I got him to give me the pens for $70 though which was good.

I agree that Talbot would be a good choice for that jersey, then again I have that style jersey in a replica with Talbot on the back. :thumbsup:

May I also suggest Letang or Chris Kunitz?