It arrived today

lafountain

they were 1.0's. I can't remember what the guys booth name was but it was a small booth and he had a round rack thing that had all differrent jerseys in them and on top was the sign saying "authentics $75" or something along those lines. Most were replica's but the couple Leafs and Penguins were in the rack. He was in the second last isle on the side were they had the small food area and he was about a quarter of the way down the isle. I got him to give me the pens for $70 though which was good.

$75 authentics seem like a pretty good deal, especially since there were EDGEs for sale at that price. Too bad I live in BC, or else I would have picked up a EDGE Leafs for my brother.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious where you Toronto area folks go to get good jerseys "over the counter" and such.

I don't know the area well.

Unless them trade shows happen all over.

Just curious where you Toronto area folks go to get good jerseys "over the counter" and such.

I don't know the area well.

Unless them trade shows happen all over.

Well we have the Sport Card Expo twice a year, its held at the International Centre which is walking distance from the airport. Other than that there aren't many great places to get jerseys. There used to be a River City Sports in the Eaton Centre but that's long gone now.

Scooped this up on ebay for about $50.

2116225950104519994S500x500Q85.jpg

After seeing some game photos it seems like the logo is a little thinner than the authentics and game jerseys were. It has the ironed-on CCM logo on the hem, as you can see below. Does anyone know if this is just the way these replicas were made?

I remember coming across a thread on here that was a very in-depth guide to how replicas were made from I think the early 90s to now. I couldn't find it in the search, if anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be awesome haha.

post-260-127291907419_thumb.jpg

post-260-127291908219_thumb.jpg

Scooped this up on ebay for about $50.

2116225950104519994S500x500Q85.jpg

After seeing some game photos it seems like the logo is a little thinner than the authentics and game jerseys were. It has the ironed-on CCM logo on the hem, as you can see below. Does anyone know if this is just the way these replicas were made?

I remember coming across a thread on here that was a very in-depth guide to how replicas were made from I think the early 90s to now. I couldn't find it in the search, if anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be awesome haha.

This is the way the replicas were made back in the 80's. The CCM logo on the back was a rubbery type of thing which sometimes worked its way off. (if you were lucky) Later CCM started to use a patch that made it a little closer looking to an authentic but if I remember correctly, it had some kind of trademark or copyright on the top right that didn't look right either. I wasn't complaining, it was an upgrade.

This is the way the replicas were made back in the 80's. The CCM logo on the back was a rubbery type of thing which sometimes worked its way off. (if you were lucky) Later CCM started to use a patch that made it a little closer looking to an authentic but if I remember correctly, it had some kind of trademark or copyright on the top right that didn't look right either. I wasn't complaining, it was an upgrade.

The 80's? I'm no expert but I think it was the early 90's too.

I got an Islanders jersey in 1996 that had the screened on CCM logo and was made of crappy light weight polyester material. I have since picked up another couple of jerseys made like this.

I also got a "semi-pro" Avalanche jersey at the time which was made of much better material. As I recall there were CCM replicas, semi-pros and authentics (might be wrong, but that's what I remember).

Soon after all the replicas started to be made of better material and the CCM patch was embroided or a patch was sewn on (more like the semi-pro).

My wife said I needed a Z jersey, so I am going to make this into a 2008 Cup Z jersey:

Jersey004.jpg

Jersey005.jpg

I fixed the name on this one thanks to Mike:

Jersey006.jpg

I can't believe I accidently wrote 2009 - I would like to forget that Cup.

Edited by Made in Motown

1989-90 Alexander Mogliny rookie jersey with Sabres 20th anniversary patch. I might have gone with the Stanley Cup centennial patch under normal circumstances since that was his 76 goal season, but I already had that patch on my Lafontaine Sabres jersey and Mogilny was given #89 since he defected in 89 and was drafted #89, so that season has extra significance and I was happy for the opportunity to add a new patch to my collection.

I featured this jersey in my blog the other day, telling the story of Mogilny's defection.

2450106260100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2967517680100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

2402164560100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

My wife said I needed a Z jersey

I think you needed to be congratulated for finding a wife that understands the hobby as much as you do.

I think you needed to be congratulated for finding a wife that understands the hobby as much as you do.

Does she have a sister? :)

It's only because she is a big Zetterberg fan - any other jersey she could probably care less about.

It's only because she is a big Zetterberg fan - any other jersey she could probably care less about.

Still, she clearly likes hockey and knows who Zetterberg is. Congratulations stay in order.

The 2009-2010 Avalanche game issues are in at Meigray, so I jumped on one of the three player jerseys that fit me. This is also my first new Avs alternate jersey. I didn't like them until I got one in my hands. Love the color up close in person and the 1.0/2.0 accents and small details really make the jersey. They've definitely grown on me over time. I have a sneaky suspicion this won't be my last alternate.

DavidKociAlternateGI.jpg

DavidKociAlternateGIback.jpg

th_DavidKociAlternateGIXtrafildetail.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIbackneckdetail.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIfightstrapMeigr.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGInameplate.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIneckdetail1.jpg

Never noticed the wordmark on the back of the neck, it's kind of soccer-like. But of all players, you have to get one of that worthless goon?

I mean he would have save me a whole lot of anguish had he knocked Mike Green out for the season instead of just that game. :lol:

Never noticed the wordmark on the back of the neck, it's kind of soccer-like. But of all players, you have to get one of that worthless goon?

I mean he would have save me a whole lot of anguish had he knocked Mike Green out for the season instead of just that game. :lol:

The Avalanche on the back of the neck is my least favorite part of the jersey. It's not like people will see the back of pretty much any NHL jersey and then forget which team it is all of a sudden. I agree with the soccer jersey thing.

And I knew the "goon" thing was coming. That was a heck of a shot he layed on Green. I was there for that one. The most passion Koci showed all season long! The Adam Foote on Meigray is over twice as much and the only other GI that comes in a 58+ is a guy that only played two games with the Avs this season. People would honestly think I put my own name on the jersey and that's a HUGE no-no, at least to me. I'm thinking I'll add that one to my collection if it's around in the future though! I so have a sickness! :thumbsup:

The 2009-2010 Avalanche game issues are in at Meigray, so I jumped on one of the three player jerseys that fit me. This is also my first new Avs alternate jersey. I didn't like them until I got one in my hands. Love the color up close in person and the 1.0/2.0 accents and small details really make the jersey. They've definitely grown on me over time. I have a sneaky suspicion this won't be my last alternate.

DavidKociAlternateGI.jpg

DavidKociAlternateGIback.jpg

th_DavidKociAlternateGIXtrafildetail.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIbackneckdetail.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIfightstrapMeigr.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGInameplate.jpgth_DavidKociAlternateGIneckdetail1.jpg

I might not be a big Avs fan, but that jersey looks very nice. I presume you got it for a pretty good deal?

Lol, poor Mike Green. I wonder if Geico's still going to be running the ads with Mike Green in them now that the caps are out. Their new slogan could be "defense, so easy a cave man can do it......sorry Mike"

Lol, poor Mike Green. I wonder if Geico's still going to be running the ads with Mike Green in them now that the caps are out. Their new slogan could be "defense, so easy a cave man can do it......sorry Mike"

They should do one of the caveman running over him with a zamboni, just like the Habs midgets forwards doing to him.

I got this just in time for the annual game 7 choke job:

2840334130105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2105342720105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

It was from his Caps debut that I was in attendance for, and it was probably from the same game where Mike Green got the inspiration for his game 7 "performance" from.

Mike Green sucks.

They should do one of the caveman running over him with a zamboni, just like the Habs midgets forwards doing to him.

I got this just in time for the annual game 7 choke job:

2840334130105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2105342720105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

Nice Chimera. I can see some pretty good wear on that. Nice pick up :thumbsup:

Mike Green sucks.

I seriously just LOL'd at your new user name.

That is a nice one. Also like the username change- can they deport Alex Semin too? I guess in order to do so, they'd have to send out a search party with better dogs than the ones they had during the playoffs to find him since he seems to disappear just prior to Game 1 of the first round every season.

Being a Caps fan is a good way to become mean, old, and bitter. :lol:

Green can take Semin, Flash, and Boudreau with him.

Boudreau was a good player...in Slap Shot :) Too bad he can't adapt to coaching in the playoffs. He's great for the regular season but he needs to rethink how he approaches the playoffs or this will happen every year. Way too many Game 7s.

Way too many Game 7s.

Too many cost them.. sadly.. <_<