It arrived today

lafountain

All the grad bags are $495.

Ah right, well not quite as "can't miss" as I thought, but still if it's your team you're not going to end up with something that's a blight on your collection, even if you do overpay a bit, and the odds seem pretty good in this case.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right, well not quite as "can't miss" as I thought, but still if it's your team you're not going to end up with something that's a blight on your collection, even if you do overpay a bit, and the odds seem pretty good in this case.

Are all the grab bags just game worns? or are there some GI's in there too?

I know Meigray has a TON, of crappy flame GI's

Holy crap, seeing those two EDGE 3rds that gawdawaful(or whatever he's calling himself these days :D ) posted reminds me of the trade that we orchestrated. I sent him those in exchange for these two:

ckhawkscirca19912aCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ckhawkscirca19912bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

lackhawkscirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ackhawkscirca1995bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I've already stripped all inaccuracies too. No more bad 7, incorrect name font and captain's C.

MeiGray tags and catalogs NHL game jerseys for about half of the NHL teams and usually all of the league-wide commemorative jerseys (All-Star game, Hockey Fights cancer, Teammates for Kids). The also do some work with some minor leagues, and recently USA Hockey. Every jersey tagged by MeiGray has a unique number for tracking and authentication. They also sell NHL Game-worn/used jerseys and equipment through auctions and direct sales on their websites (MeiGray.com and http://www.nhlgameworn.com/).

The "MeiGray Grab Bag" is a special event where they will sell a limited number of these grab bags (say 12 or 15) that will have a random game-worn jersey in them from a given list. The price of the bag is that of the lowest valued jersey(s) on the list. So you have the chance of getting a jersey worth the price you paid, or possibly one worth many times that. In Brilliant's case he won the "grand prize" so to speak, for his $395 he got a jersey valued at $3995, the highest valued jersey on the list. I know they only run the grab bags a couple of times a year and they don't always do every team etc.

Ah! Thank you very much for explaining to me how it all works. Hopefully there are going to be Canucks MeiGray Grab Bags. :thumbsup:

These two arrived in the mail today!

Van%20edge%203rd.JPG

Pens%20edge%203rd.JPG

Lets hope for them to meet in the finals!

And since I got around to taking pictures, I went ahead and snapped this one too

Luongo%20edge1.JPG

Luongo%20edge2.JPG

Luuuuuuuuu

MAN! I AM TRULY JEALOUS! Those are great pick-ups especially the Canucks 3rd Jersey Edge and the Luongo Edge! :blink::thumbsup:

I don't know if you read my blog today, AND YOU SHOULD HAVE :stickhndl: , but I featured my 2006 Slovenia Anze Kopitar jersey.

2776165990100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2738863700100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

2425451320100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2803868160100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Hey, wasn't Byfuglien the one whose Reebok logo was covered up on the back of his jersey in the "missing logo" contest for the Winter Classic? If so, you should cover that up with a blank mini-nameplate. :thumbsup:

all these Hawks jerseys are making want to spend money...

nice pickups by all!

Hey, wasn't Byfuglien the one whose Reebok logo was covered up on the back of his jersey in the "missing logo" contest for the Winter Classic? If so, you should cover that up with a blank mini-nameplate. :thumbsup:

Good call....I'll have to get around to that one!

Well it arrived today, finally. My first RBK Edge jersey. Came just in time for me to see the wings lose today haha!

Bit the bullet and got this beauty from SportsK: A home Red Wings customized with Datsyuk Sz50. The edge cut definitely is weird, chest and length fit perfectly but the sleeves are a tad long. Not so long as they're a nuisance but noticeable compared to my Premiers. Also noticeable between Edge/Premier is the customization due to the paneling etc. Looks brilliant and my crappy phone pics don't do it justice. Extremely pleased, I must say

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

Well it arrived today, finally. My first RBK Edge jersey. Came just in time for me to see the wings lose today haha!

Bit the bullet and got this beauty from SportsK: A home Red Wings customized with Datsyuk Sz50. The edge cut definitely is weird, chest and length fit perfectly but the sleeves are a tad long. Not so long as they're a nuisance but noticeable compared to my Premiers. Also noticeable between Edge/Premier is the customization due to the paneling etc. Looks brilliant and my crappy phone pics don't do it justice. Extremely pleased, I must say

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

The jersey looks great, but the pictures are not as nice :P Nice pick up.

Nice Wings pick up and glad to hear you finally have an EDGE authentic! :thumbsup: I got my EDGE authentic from Sports K too and I think they did a helluva job on the customization. EDGEs are expensive, but SK is the way to go. Also, good choice with Datsyuk.

Nice Pavel!

Finally got this back. I ordered the 2008 version which is the royal, not navy blue like the 2010 retail.

The shoulder yoke is tapered, not straight. The swoosh should be on the white and the sleeve font is too thin but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I can live with those things because it's the royal blue and IMO a lot closer than what Nike was selling as the 2010 replica.

2267670500103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2956027490103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

I picked this up a few months ago but it had a twill nameplate and incorrect font numbers. I pulled the letters off the twill nameplate and put them on a ultrafil nameplate, added the finals and 2 pts patches and then put it in the closet until today when I finally picked up the replacement numbers for it. Anyways, here it is.

2570452590105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2050193210105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

I picked this up a few months ago but it had a twill nameplate and incorrect font numbers. I pulled the letters off the twill nameplate and put them on a ultrafil nameplate, added the finals and 2 pts patches and then put it in the closet until today when I finally picked up the replacement numbers for it. Anyways, here it is.

2570452590105461084S500x500Q85.jpg2050193210105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Very nice looking Pavel Bure Jersey! Love the 2pts patch and stanley cup finals patch! :thumbsup:

Shaddup :P I was just too excited to post it to waste time with nicely done photos!

I was just kidding. The jersey is really nice all in all. :thumbsup: