It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This finally arrived yesterday after about two months of waiting. I like it as a replacement to the USA Olympic jerseys especially since it was only $35. Everything is sewn on twill. Even the patches are custom twill jobs. No embroidery, all sewn twill. Pretty sweet. I think I may get some jersey shoulder numbers and put a number on this somewhere. Maybe the front pouch or somewhere on the back. Either #24 Callahan or #88 Kane.

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

This finally arrived yesterday after about two months of waiting. I like it as a replacement to the USA Olympic jerseys especially since it was only $35. Everything is sewn on twill. Even the patches are custom twill jobs. No embroidery, all sewn twill. Pretty sweet. I think I may get some jersey shoulder numbers and put a number on this somewhere. Maybe the front pouch or somewhere on the back. Either #24 Callahan or #88 Kane.

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

Beautiful. Care to share where you got that done? I am very interested in something similar.

I never thought I'd get a Replica for myself and I'm not sure if I'm keeping this but I didn't find any Authentics for sale...

2158578500054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

If you sell let me know. I might be interested. Looks nice.

100_1171.jpg

100_1172.jpg

I might not be a fan of the Blackhawks, but it is refreshing to see a quality EDGE Toews. There are so many fake Toews that look so bad.. Very good pick up. :thumbsup:

Pulled the Modano in the 1st $99 Grab Bag...My first gamer (I'm stoked!)

2011980520105237255cMGYDq_th.jpg

2742548630105237255qbxdvO_th.jpg

Edited by 4freezy

That is amazing dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd put that in a Frame and create a shrine to him! Modano is one of my all time favorites, glad to know its going to a good home.

Pulled the Modano in the 1st $99 Grab Bag...My first gamer (I'm stoked!)

2011980520105237255cMGYDq_th.jpg

2742548630105237255qbxdvO_th.jpg

WOW! Good Job! :thumbsup:

That is amazing dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd put that in a Frame and create a shrine to him! Modano is one of my all time favorites, glad to know its going to a good home.

Thanks! You'll be happy to know that it is now framed and hanging in my hockey room ;)

I might not be a fan of the Blackhawks, but it is refreshing to see a quality EDGE Toews. There are so many fake Toews that look so bad.. Very good pick up. :thumbsup:

Definitely, Mac. Seeing all the fake jerseys at the United Center is sickening. It's really out of control. That said, those fakes make my authentics sparkle! :)

The fakes around Chicago are really out of hand, now that the team is taking off everybody and their brother have em. My finances mother was given a jersey by her boss (he bought jerseys for everybody in the office) and of course it was one of the worst fakes I've ever seen and I was told to keep my mouth shut about it..lol. I hope this team does something, I've never been one to really throw current players on my jerseys but after supporting so many bad Blackhawk teams I just couldn't resist giving some love to some of our current guys.

The fakes around Chicago are really out of hand, now that the team is taking off everybody and their brother have em. My finances mother was given a jersey by her boss (he bought jerseys for everybody in the office) and of course it was one of the worst fakes I've ever seen and I was told to keep my mouth shut about it..lol. I hope this team does something, I've never been one to really throw current players on my jerseys but after supporting so many bad Blackhawk teams I just couldn't resist giving some love to some of our current guys.

every year when I visit my parents for christmas me and my dad go to a game at UC, I was in shock this last year at how many fake jerseys there are there. Even when the Hawks play here there's a ton of fakes at the game, but I never realized how bad it's gotten since there really isn't fake Avs jerseys around yet.

And MountainKing, nice pickups as always, I'm jealous of your collection. I think when the summer sales kick off I'm going to get my first few Hawks Edge jerseys and get some newer players on there.

In Calgary, I am pretty sure there are more fake customized jerseys then real ones.

In Calgary, I am pretty sure there are more fake customized jerseys then real ones.

In Philly I've seen a whole lot of really bad Winter Classic jerseys with the player's name letters that are HUGE!!! It doesn't bother me as much as the old John LeClair jerseys that had the Terrible numbers back when....I mean a lettered flyers jersey back then was like $125.00... The Winter classice were being sold at some unreasonable prices of like $250.00 for a replica.(more at the Wachovia Center) I dont know which is worse... A knock-off for a fraction of the price or being ripped off by Reebok and the NHL's marketing team....

In Philly I've seen a whole lot of really bad Winter Classic jerseys with the player's name letters that are HUGE!!! It doesn't bother me as much as the old John LeClair jerseys that had the Terrible numbers back when....I mean a lettered flyers jersey back then was like $125.00... The Winter classice were being sold at some unreasonable prices of like $250.00 for a replica.(more at the Wachovia Center) I dont know which is worse... A knock-off for a fraction of the price or being ripped off by Reebok and the NHL's marketing team....

The first crested jersey i ever got was a Derek Morris Calgary Flames Alterante jersey. It was $130 crested, and $70 without a name. It bugs me soo much cause i dont think RBK is paying their employees much more than the sweat shop fake employees are getting paid. (for the Premiers, cause the authentics are made in Canada right?)

I got this today, I forgot how much better the quality of the old CCM replica's are over the Current RBK Premier's...

The shoulder patches are gold by comparison

fedorovjersey.jpg

My favorites are the VANREIMSDYK ones, especially since the nameplate in most cases traverses past the white field on both sides and into the arm stripes.

Also, in most cases the font itself is just horrible. I mean, the Flyers aren't using a closely guarded font or anything...it should be super easy to replicate.

every year when I visit my parents for christmas me and my dad go to a game at UC, I was in shock this last year at how many fake jerseys there are there. Even when the Hawks play here there's a ton of fakes at the game, but I never realized how bad it's gotten since there really isn't fake Avs jerseys around yet.

And MountainKing, nice pickups as always, I'm jealous of your collection. I think when the summer sales kick off I'm going to get my first few Hawks Edge jerseys and get some newer players on there.

Thanks, it's still far from where I'd like it to be...too many replicas. I've grown to not really care much for most of the replicas excep Pro Players so I'm slowly trying to replace those with authentics as I get money! If they make it to the finals I'll be forced to pick up one more Edge to throw a patch on it...that'll probably turn into a Hossa.

Thanks, it's still far from where I'd like it to be...too many replicas. I've grown to not really care much for most of the replicas excep Pro Players so I'm slowly trying to replace those with authentics as I get money! If they make it to the finals I'll be forced to pick up one more Edge to throw a patch on it...that'll probably turn into a Hossa.

I don't mind a nice mix of replicas in mine. I have 1 Pro Player blank replica that I plan on turning into an Amonte, just because I've never seen an authentic my size, or really at all. if they make the finals I'm getting my 1st edge turned into a Toews with the patch. and if they re-sign him after this year (which they better) my 2nd Edge will be a Niemi with the Helsinki patch.

I got this today in the mail:

alTeamcirca1994Tacklaauthentic-vi.jpg

From the Lillehammer Games. Apparently, I had bought this from our resident IIHF expert and didn't even know it until I asked his advice on it! D-oh!