It arrived today

lafountain

actually that is a great idea i will remove it and worst case scenario put it back on

Good move, maybe you'll get lucky and the patch will only be sewed down and not glued.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge 2.0 Islanders 3rd. I really like the fit of this jersey.

Jersey004-2.jpg

2.0! very nice!

had this one numbered and lettered recently i love this jersey i actually wear it to play pick up hockey it has more value to me as a jersey for my pick up games then as a collectable

Untitled.jpg

Wow nice pickups man

I'm starting to lust for a fisherman now too. :thumbsup:

they looks real nice overall. I like the dark for sure

the blue fisherman was an awsome jersey i still think one of the best jerseys ever made. the white does not really do it for me but i really dont know why people bash the fisherman

whos #86 ?

Me

oh no

this one was a little more expensive soon to be stripped and become a burnaby joe

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

very nice, always love the Nords jerseys. I'd say leave the name on there instead of risking hurting the ultrafil by stripping it though

Here's my pickup from the Meigray grab bag. Sure it would have been nice to pull something valuable, but at least it's not a practice jersey. A nice looking 6100 will always find a hanger in my closet. The numbering is kinda interesting. See below...

P1000216.jpg

th_P1000218.jpg

The back numbers save a layer by printing the black section on the yellow twill. What's neat, though, is that they did a dense black stitch that goes the full width of the printing. They could have just done a normal stitch, but I guess they think it looks better that way?

th_P1000221.jpg

The sleeve numbers are single layer black, but with white printing and non-functional stitching.

th_P1000225.jpg

The name just has two-color dye(?) on white twill. Does anyone know how they do this?

th_P1000227.jpg

That's an interesting take on the sublimated twill concept.

I'm not a fan of the idea as a whole, but I guess what your Bruins jersey shows is better than when they print fake stitch marks.

Nice Isles pickup Motown. I love the look of that jersey and it's going to be the Islanders primary home jersey next season. Their current home jersey looks awful in my oinion and I'm glad they are dumping it. I think a Taveras would look nice. Don't go for Weight, he's washed up and will be lucky to play another 2 seasons with NYI.

That's an interesting take on the sublimated twill concept.

I'm not a fan of the idea as a whole, but I guess what your Bruins jersey shows is better than when they print fake stitch marks.

Fake stitch marks fill me with rage (or at least severe annoyance). I hate to admit it, but dye on the name is pretty nice quality.

And dammit, Brilliant. I thought you loathed the Devils?

Oh I do. Let's not get that all confused because I absolutely do. Moreso than any other team in the league. HOWEVER, I am a collector first and foremost and quite frankly, how could anyone pass up such a rare piece? The dude who sold it had it listed as a 90's jersey but upon arrival, it has the old CCM logo minus the shield so it's a late 80's baby. It does throw a wrench into my plans to turn it into a rookie Brodeur and sell it for big bucks but I'll take the rarities anyday!

And let's be honest here...if I didn't collect teams I hated, I wouldn't have any Bruins, Penguins or Maple Leafs jerseys either. :D

It burns my hands every time I touch it....but dammit it sure is beautiful:

seyDevilscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Is that the same one I pasted a link to in the eBay thread? :o

:thumbsup: I figured someone is going to jump on it faster than the seller can get back to me about the shipping issue, so I figured might as well get you guys to get it :D