It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! The swifts are sized a lot differently. When I got my 1st from RCS I was surprised it was so small, so when I ordered the others, I ordered 58s and 60s...

As for Photo matching, Finding one will be a huge challenge! May I suggest getting a DVD copy of the game or somehow trying to download if from The NBC Olympic website. They may still have the game up on line to watch... Or maybe just the medal round games are still available. I was watching one the other day! Happy Birthday! (in advance)

I'm going to scour Getty images later. I'd rather have a physical photo than a DVD. I just need to do some research to figure out what games they wore white (IIRC it was against Canada, USA, and Slovakia).

Nice! The swifts are sized a lot differently. When I got my 1st from RCS I was surprised it was so small, so when I ordered the others, I ordered 58s and 60s...

As for Photo matching, Finding one will be a huge challenge! May I suggest getting a DVD copy of the game or somehow trying to download if from The NBC Olympic website. They may still have the game up on line to watch... Or maybe just the medal round games are still available. I was watching one the other day! Happy Birthday! (in advance)

I got the entire games on Blu-ray coming from CTV. I can capture a shot no problem on my PC.

In fact they just sent me a email saying that they are delaying the ship date till the end of May.

So I get a %20 discount on any "Believe" gear or team canada stuff on the CTV web site.

wow %20 off $600 jersey that's numbered out of 2010 is STILL $480! big deal!

I got the entire games on Blu-ray coming from CTV. I can capture a shot no problem on my PC.

See here is the problem, to accurately photomatch you need distinctive wear to see. I'd rather search through photos than get it on a DVD because its a lot easier and how it should be done. Problem is this jersey was worn for one game (the 8-0 blowout to Canada), so finding a legit photomatch is impossible as there is one good mark that is very small on the jersey.

Oh well.

See here is the problem, to accurately photomatch you need distinctive wear to see. I'd rather search through photos than get it on a DVD because its a lot easier and how it should be done. Problem is this jersey was worn for one game (the 8-0 blowout to Canada), so finding a legit photomatch is impossible as there is one good mark that is very small on the jersey.

Oh well.

But a TV broadcast, especially Blu-Ray will allow you to screen capture and print some pretty decent images if you find a match. The TV camera is bound to have different angles of certain plays, and heck, maybe you can even find the exact moment the mark was created by following your player and seeing wear he gets hit with a stick or puck.

But a TV broadcast, especially Blu-Ray will allow you to screen capture and print some pretty decent images if you find a match. The TV camera is bound to have different angles of certain plays, and heck, maybe you can even find the exact moment the mark was created by following your player and seeing wear he gets hit with a stick or puck.

I'm talking about one half inch mark on the bottom of a sleeve. I'm not scouring an entire game to look for an angle of that. I just wish it had more wear.

Nice Devils jersey but the font I think is wrong...

Do you happen to have a reference?

I'm talking about one half inch mark on the bottom of a sleeve. I'm not scouring an entire game to look for an angle of that. I just wish it had more wear.

I found 4 hi-res pics for you, hope you can find what you are looking for:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1774/feimage1.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/441/faimage1.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/8942/79image1.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3439/78image1.jpg

Some great stuff lately! Here's my latest. So many patches...

P1000214.jpg

P1000215.jpg

Nice!

He played for the USHL team that plays at my local rink, and he came back here to ref league games last summer, awesome guy.

It finally arrived! Some of you may be familiar with my journeys in acquiring this jersey. Well the quest (for this one) is over!

Here is my 1991-92 Martin Brodeur rookie jersey. This style was worn during his first game March 26th 1992 vs Boston, a 4-2 win.

The NHL decided during the 75th anniversary season that they would switch home and away jerseys after the all-star break (something we're familiar with full-time now), so the away red was worn at home during his first game.

This is what I like to the the 1 1/2 patch jersey. It features the NHL 75th anny patch as well as the Devils 10th anny patch, a small one worn on the right hem. Surprised they didn't feature it a little more prominently.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Brodeur29.jpg

Brodeur292.jpg

25devils.jpg

Sleeves numbers are definitely wrong, so is the 2 on back. Can't find the 9 yet...

It finally arrived! Some of you may be familiar with my journeys in acquiring this jersey. Well the quest (for this one) is over!

Here is my 1991-92 Martin Brodeur rookie jersey. This style was worn during his first game March 26th 1992 vs Boston, a 4-2 win.

The NHL decided during the 75th anniversary season that they would switch home and away jerseys after the all-star break (something we're familiar with full-time now), so the away red was worn at home during his first game.

This is what I like to the the 1 1/2 patch jersey. It features the NHL 75th anny patch as well as the Devils 10th anny patch, a small one worn on the right hem. Surprised they didn't feature it a little more prominently.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Brodeur29.jpg

Brodeur292.jpg

25devils.jpg

Sleeves numbers are definitely wrong, so is the 2 on back. Can't find the 9 yet...

Yeh the 2's look off and there's a big difference in the "E" in the name.

Nice!

He played for the USHL team that plays at my local rink, and he came back here to ref league games last summer, awesome guy.

That's cool to hear. I have a connection to the last name (not Chris himself), so that gave me the excuse to pick this up. I've dug the Wheeling logo for a while.

I also received this today:

Bruinscirca2006Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

It's what appears to be a team-issued Bruins jersey from the 2006-07 season that was among the ones given out at the MeiGray convention last year. For $40, how can you go wrong? The odd thing is, it has the EDGE style flag tag in the collar. The one that has the CCM logo on it. The jersey itself is clearly genuine but that's something I found strange. Maybe Jay can help me out here considering he has just about every jersey from the 2006-07 Avalanche. :D

Mike...Aren't you being a little dramatic? I have at least half of them though! :D

The more RBK jerseys I see the more confused I get as to the rhyme or reason behind their tagging. Any consistency would really help us here!

All I can give you is some examples of tagging from my collection and wish you luck on figuring out what in the heck they're thinking.

'07-'08 Laperriere Gamer

LappyEdge20HomeGameralternateAne-1.jpg

2009 Eastern Conference Edge 2.0 Game Issue

IMG_1106.jpg

Chris Lee Iowa Stars RBK 6100 Gamer

ChrisLeeIowaStarsGamernecktagging.jpg

Niklas Grossman Iowa Stars RBK 6100 Gamer

NiklasGrossmanIowaStarsGamerNeckTag.jpg

I don't know what to tell you man, besides great pickup.

Thank you so much for trying. The first picture is the only one that shows there the only mark is, yet you cannot see it (because its probably too small) in that picture.

There is just absolutely no wear on this jersey. Very frustrating indeed.

2010 IIHF div II tournament worn Vassili Titarenko home white Estonia jersey.. If this is the kind of stuff Tackla will be putting out in their future IIHF jerseys.. count me in on looking for the new stuff.. This jersey is heavvvy. It feels like the old nike versions. There are still sublimated logos and colors,but the underarms, the collars and the actual weight of the jersey really is excellent.... This one might be up for sale if someone likes it , but it wont be cheap... wait till you see what I have coming in a few weeks too..

2399076120101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2822945110101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2633403230101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

OUTSTANDING!! That is awesome. I've had my eye on an Estonia one lately actually. I love the lions on the front.

My Kazakhstan jersey is the same as that one. It's not a traditional cut but it has a nice weight like you said. It has the mesh underneath the arms and along the lower back too right?

Speaking of odd IIHF jerseys....

I walked into a store the other day and on the rack was a Nike China Jersey...

how much was it? and what style? the 2010 olympic?

I believe it was the 2010 style...

It was $130CAD

Well i finally did it one of my big targets has been hit.

I searched high and low and could never seem to find it . it cost me a pretty penny but it is home where it belongs and here it is in all its glory

Robert dirk game issue

The jersey was made up for Robert Dirk in preparation for the first Wild Wing game (1/27/1996), but he was traded for Jim Campbell on January 2 funny thing is i have owned the campbell cnadiens jersey for over 5 years lol ! go figure now they sit next to each other in serendipitous cornucopia of love that only i can enjoy!

2439884770055476068GgYrLH_phjpg.jpg

2436123210055476068tTPnLx_phjpg.jpg

2242185610055476068DfEMks_phjpg.jpg

Great pickup, sungod. Looks great! Ugly as hell, but great!