It is good or not?

lafountain

But the Rangers hadn't worn CCM mesh since 1995-96. The wore Starter mesh from 1996-1999. You're right they did switch to ProPlayer in 1999-2000 but they used airknit not mesh. So basically it's a jersey from the early 90's with a NHL shield tag from atleast 4 years later, which doesn't make me think it was just a manufacturer's error.

Are you suggesting someone would have replaced the NHL shield tag with the 1999-2000 one?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you suggesting someone would have replaced the NHL shield tag with the 1999-2000 one?

If I recall correctly the shield and CCM hem tags were not patches, they were embroidered directly onto the jersey, so replacing the NHL shield wouldn't be easy and frankly there'd be no real reason to do it. I can't check the pics here at work (photobucket is blocked), but can you tell if it looks embroidered or is a patch? Seeing the inside would let you know for sure.

Now that I think about it, early CCM mesh jerseys from the 80's didn't have a NHL shield at all. They added the shield in 1990 or 1991 I think. Someone may have then added the silver shield to make it look more 'right' even though there wasn't anything 'wrong' with it not having a shield at all. In that case I'd say it was a CCM mesh jersey from the 80's.

No matter what, I still agree with others it's a legit authentic jersey.

Cool thanks a lot for all the information.

I will definitely post pics of the jersey when I'll get it.

Thanks again and sorry if I don't contribute a lot to the discussion board, and usually ask for advice. I am new to this hobby of collecting jerseys and I must say that you guys are doing a great job at helping people like me.

Cool thanks a lot for all the information.

I will definitely post pics of the jersey when I'll get it.

Thanks again and sorry if I don't contribute a lot to the discussion board, and usually ask for advice. I am new to this hobby of collecting jerseys and I must say that you guys are doing a great job at helping people like me.

I don't think its bad to ask for advice. You can use your new found knowledge to help others who don't visit this board and educate family and friends (that's what I usually do). Also, always remember rule number one... NEVER BUY FAKES. :thumbsup:

was looking at a replica jersey of an old jersy on Ebay, and it said

"MADE BY SP APPAREL CANADA, MAKERS OF MANY MINOR LEAGUE ORGINAZATIONS UNIFORMS, SP LOGO SEWN ON HEM"

I'm not familiar with this name, I thought it was Starter but I guess not....

anyone familiar with these type relicas?

sp-logo.jpg

SP Apparel is a legit jersey manufacturer that made the on-ice authentic jerseys for the AHL from 2000-2005 before RBK took over. Before SP it was Bauer.

I think they also currently make on-ice jerseys for some/all ECHL teams. The various minor/junior leagues have used a number of different smaller companies like AK (Athletic Knit) and OT Sports in addition to some of the bigger names (Nike, Bauer, CCM). Now it seems a majority of them are switching to RBK.

sp-logo.jpg

SP Apparel is a legit jersey manufacturer that made the on-ice authentic jerseys for the AHL from 2000-2005 before RBK took over. Before SP it was Bauer.

I think they also currently make on-ice jerseys for some/all ECHL teams. The various minor/junior leagues have used a number of different smaller companies like AK (Athletic Knit) and OT Sports in addition to some of the bigger names (Nike, Bauer, CCM). Now it seems a majority of them are switching to RBK.

great, thanks for that response! Just want to make sure it's not some fake korean crap... Looks legit then, I may go ahead and place a bid.

SP is probably my favorite jersey manufacturer, especially when it comes to quality.

They do a lot of contract work as well. As far as I know the Nike Swifts worn in the Olympics were actually manufactured by SP.

Yes

I used to live in Berlin.. AKA Kitchener Ontario :)

once upon a time it was Berlin. like before WW1

Alright so I bought a jersey from a website my friend told me about, and I checked the thread about how to spot a fake, it looks like this jersey is authentic or just a really good knock off. I have pictures up, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Arnold

DSCN1346.jpg

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1353.jpg

Edited by Arnold Appel

Alright so I bought a jersey from a website my friend told me about, and I checked the thread about how to spot a fake, it looks like this jersey is authentic or just a really good knock off. I have pictures up, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Arnold

That's a fake.

Yeah; there's no such thing as a 'good' knock-off. They're all garbage. That one, unfortunately for you, is no exception.

by just looking at the Reebok logo at the back tells you the answer right away.

In my post about spotting fakes, the back logo should be a patch, not direct embroidery.

Oh ok thanks for the info, I think I missed that part of the post.

The "A" is off as well. Bwah, the worst part about fakes is it's too hard to get a decent customized Edge on eBay...just too much fluff to fight through.

The "A" is off as well. Bwah, the worst part about fakes is it's too hard to get a decent customized Edge on eBay...just too much fluff to fight through.

I totally agree. There are some Edge jerseys that are legit.. but there are just too many fakes and it is a pain to look endlessly.

Hi. I was just wondering if this is an Authentic Kesler. Thank you very much in advance.

post-1487-127527289234_thumb.jpg

post-1487-127527283721_thumb.jpg

post-1487-127527271598_thumb.jpg

real deal. if you want to sell it, let me know.

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually inquring becuase I am probably going to acquire it. (I am not selling it LOL)