It is good or not?

lafountain

Searching through Getty Images it appears they switched half way through the year. Problem is Selanne started wearing the "A" half way through the year.

Everything looks good to me on this one, except the border of the cup patch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-Authentic-1994-Pavel-Bure-Vancouver-Canucks-jersey-/180509552709?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a07353045#ht_500wt_1154

Yup they switched sometime during the season. When Selanne had the A he also had the patch with no border, no A then that patch is fine.

Also, that Bure is fake. You can tell from the picture of the inside of the jersey. There shouldn't be the seams between the red/yellow/black stripes.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a fake of a 95-96 alternate?

Negative. The alt is fine, the black 93-94 finals he posted is not.

It's good, except he's got the wrong anniversary patch on it. It should be the one without the white border. He sold that one already before but I guess the buyer flaked out on him. I think it went for $330 the first time.

The customization on the back is really wrong. I complained about this in full in another thread so I won't re-hash here, but it's wrong.

Yeah, you're right. The numbers aren't thick enough. The cut looks right but they should be thicker than that. That's fixable though. Especially when you get the proper numbers to cover any scarring if it happens. That kinda defeats the purpose of having him sign the number though.

Why does it look like that Rangers jersey has a silver shield on the hem? Is it just me or does anyone else see that?

Why does it look like that Rangers jersey has a silver shield on the hem? Is it just me or does anyone else see that?

Yeah I saw that also... I got a feeling it got kind of bleached... or that somehow the angle from which the picture was taken show it like this.

Otherwise do you think that it is legit?

Everything else checks out. The fight strap looks solid too so that's a good sign.

Thanks a lot. I bought it, so when I'll get it I'll let you know what's with this shield. Maybe it was somekind of foreshadowing of the new shield good thing the NHL is still going downwards...

Thanks a lot. I bought it, so when I'll get it I'll let you know what's with this shield. Maybe it was somekind of foreshadowing of the new shield good thing the NHL is still going downwards...

Factory error? As Brilliant! said it looks legit, one hell of a find if you ask me even with the screwed up shield. I may be biased but I LOVE those Rangers jerseys.

the only rangers jerseys im a fan of is the liberty head (navy blue and the white one they wore for one year).... i have both... blank... i absolutly hate the jeresys with the names going in the downward diagonal fashion: rangers, pittsburgh 90's black, colorado maroon alt, UGH!...

And how about this one?

I am pretty sure it is fake, although I usually use the fight strap to tell it.

However this one looks pretty well attached..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Buffalo-Sabres-29-Pominville-52-XL-/170487197109?cmd=ViewItem&pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27b1d42db5

Fake. Have a look at their other items, all fakes, which makes it pretty easy to determine this one is fake as well.

Fake. Have a look at their other items, all fakes, which makes it pretty easy to determine this one is fake as well.

Yep, that Pominville jersey is FAKE. The customization gave it away because the numbers are kind of bubbly. Also, the cut of the bottom of the jersey is off. EDGE authentics are more rounded than that one. But TMLFAN is right, if one is fake, then there's a 95 % chance the rest of the items are fake.

Ok guys, need some opinions on this one. Pretty sure I got fleeced, but just in case I'm wrong:

Goalie style Whalers jersey customized on a goalie jersey. While it has double shoulders, the fight strap is not sewn on a piece of twill and the CCM looks to be a replic. Jersey is air knit

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

Somebody picked up a blank goalie cut jersey in whalers colors, added a logo, name/numbers, and fight strap and called it a day. What did you buy it as?

Thats what I figured. Seller just said goalie cut, CCM brand with fight strap. I must've been on something that day to not follow through with this more carefully.

Thats what I figured. Seller just said goalie cut, CCM brand with fight strap. I must've been on something that day to not follow through with this more carefully.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think you got shafted on that jersey. It does look like a replica and I think on the authentic version there would be some sort of "Center Ice Authentic" tag sewn near the size tag. I also was a little suspicious of the "CCM" printed logo on the back hem. Wouldn't it be on the opposite side? I thought an authentic would be "CCM" sewn. But hey, don't be too critical of yourself. You learned and now you know not to make the same mistake again. :D

What do you think about this one? Fake or not?

http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae220/mlaval6/Rangers%20Jersey/

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that also... I got a feeling it got kind of bleached... or that somehow the angle from which the picture was taken show it like this.

Otherwise do you think that it is legit?

Jerseys in the 1999-2000 season had a silver NHL logo on the hem; it was a leaguewide thing.

Of course, the Rangers had Pro Player on the ice in that season, so it's possible that it was made parallel to Pro Player, or possibly made during the year 2000 before the switch was actually made to the neck tagging.

Jerseys in the 1999-2000 season had a silver NHL logo on the hem; it was a leaguewide thing.

Of course, the Rangers had Pro Player on the ice in that season, so it's possible that it was made parallel to Pro Player, or possibly made during the year 2000 before the switch was actually made to the neck tagging.

But the Rangers hadn't worn CCM mesh since 1995-96. The wore Starter mesh from 1996-1999. You're right they did switch to ProPlayer in 1999-2000 but they used airknit not mesh. So basically it's a jersey from the early 90's with a NHL shield tag from atleast 4 years later, which doesn't make me think it was just a manufacturer's error.

Does Reebok make really cheap fake jerseys that would have a fight strap? Something that could be purchased really cheap upfront (like $40), or would these Fake cheap jerseys not actually be reebok and actually be counterfeit fake Jerseys?

I ask because I purchased what I assumed to be a cheap reebok "fake" Jersey from a site I thought was legitimate and wanted to know If my fake jersey is still produced by reebok.

I was wondering as I haven't heard of Reebok making anything with a fightstrap that wasnt an authentic $300 jersey

Thanks!

Does Reebok make really cheap fake jerseys that would have a fight strap? Something that could be purchased really cheap upfront (like $40), or would these Fake cheap jerseys not actually be reebok and actually be counterfeit fake Jerseys?

I ask because I purchased what I assumed to be a cheap reebok "fake" Jersey from a site I thought was legitimate and wanted to know If my fake jersey is still produced by reebok.

I was wondering as I haven't heard of Reebok making anything with a fightstrap that wasnt an authentic $300 jersey

Thanks!

I would think Reebok wouldn't make fakes as it doesn't make any sense why they would. All the fakes that are filling up eBay and whatnot are counterfeits.

Thanks!

Why the heck would reebok make FAKE jerseys?!?!?! The answer is no, reebok does not make fake counterfeit NHL merchandise. Those dumb illegitimate websites make it look like reebok does, but they don't. It's the people who run the site that make the fakes. And if you examine a couple "fake vs. real" jersey post topics on this forum, then you will be able to tell the difference between what reebok does and does NOT make.